New rules at stadium

I was being generous with "mediocre".
Two major bowls in the past 10 years after zero major bowls in the previous 33 years, and two 11 win seasons is not mediocre, in spite of the results of 2015 and 2017. You apparently were not around in the 70s and 80s when there were a few zero win seasons. You get what you pay for, and if Tech fans are not willing to cough up the bucks for tickets and donations, then the results on the field will more and more reflect the true mediocrity which is the Tech fan base.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Season tickets are about supporting the program, not about saving money. Take any school in the country and stubhub prices are cheaper than season tickets, especially PSLs. But season tickets are an investment in the team winning, and the lifeblood of a program. That’s why we renew every year.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Is there an exception for folks with little ones? If we can't bring milk, we probably aren't coming to a bunch of the games...

If so, they need to make sure that people at the gate know the rules. They held us up multiple times at the gate LY with Varsity in our clear bag.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Two major bowls in the past 10 years after zero major bowls in the previous 33 years, and two 11 win seasons is not mediocre, in spite of the results of 2015 and 2017. You apparently were not around in the 70s and 80s when there were a few zero win seasons. You get what you pay for, and if Tech fans are not willing to cough up the bucks for tickets and donations, then the results on the field will more and more reflect the true mediocrity which is the Tech fan base.
I'm not comparing vs the past. I'm comparing to now. Our top 4 rivals are top 15 programs and we're ****ting the bed. I've coughed up my fair share in tickets and donations over the years. And I've see a totally inept gtaa piss it away. Poor decision after poor decision. Even the one I thought they got right (hiring cpj) is questionable now.

I'm not comparing vs the past. I'm comparing to now. Our top 4 rivals are top 15 programs and we're ****ting the bed. I've coughed up my fair share in tickets and donations over the years. And I've see a totally inept gtaa piss it away. Poor decision after poor decision. Even the one I thought they got right (hiring cpj) is questionable now.
You can't compare to current rivals without looking at least to the recent past. First, if our four rivals are UGAG, Clemson, VT, and Miami (the first two are obvious, but I'm not sure about the final two), we have won 2 out of the past 4 against UGAG and won the last 2 against VT. The Miami RECORD doesn't look good, but we sure didn't **** the bed against them in any of those years, and by all rights should have won in 2017. Clemson is the only team we have not fared well on a consistent basis lately, but we did win in 2014. We have not been a consistent top 15 program since the 50s, so why would you expect any difference now? Finishing number 8 in 2014 proved what we are capable of doing. I am hoping that the new DC will FINALLY give us a defense that at least keeps us in games with a chance to win.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand the fuss. I’ve brought folks to BDS from other programs (UT, Bama, etc) and they were pretty surprised we DIDN’T do these things. Seems it was pretty standard and compared to my experience, I’d have to agree.

Personally, I think we’re spoiled. BDS is super easy to get to, easy walk to my seats, say hello to my other neighbors, and enjoy the game. The concessions suck, but I know few stadiums that I’d say anything positive about. I don’t see this as a big deal.

I love the fact we get ANYTHING free as a season ticket holder. If we had dedicated lanes and got free programs .. I’d be elated.

Milwaukee

Banned
I, for one, will be renewing my tickets, putting my stuff in my clear bag, buying a coke at the game like I always do, and proudly cheering on my Jackets because....well.....that’s the point. Go Jackets and THWg. Always.

Stop being reasonable and understanding that the Institute is trying to make a profit in order to FEED the athletic department as well as incorporate safety. Just ***** and complain like the rest please, it's much more entertaining.

This thread is sad. People need to stop bitching about water, long lines, milk for infants (at a football game mind you, don't even get me started). I'm embarrassed about the crap the GTAA is taking over this.

Deleted member 2897

I have so many questions for you @travgt01

But I’ll start with this simple one - WHY ARE YOU HERE?

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Stop being reasonable and understanding that the Institute is trying to make a profit in order to FEED the athletic department as well as incorporate safety. Just ***** and complain like the rest please, it's much more entertaining.

This thread is sad. People need to stop bitching about water, long lines, milk for infants (at a football game mind you, don't even get me started). I'm kind of embarrassed about the crap the GTAA is taking about this.
I think I like you, Milwaukee. You’re speaking my language.

Deleted member 2897

This thread is sad. People need to stop bitching about water, long lines, milk for infants (at a football game mind you, don't even get me started). I'm embarrassed about the crap the GTAA is taking over this.

Have you seen the Facebook thread from GT? FRIGGING EMBARASSING.