New rules at stadium

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
GT has moved to a clear bag policy only and has revoked the rights to bring in your own water/drinks as a season ticket holder....check this FAQ out

I am a season ticket holder who has a clear bag and was previously allowed to bring in food, drinks and snacks. Is this still possible?

You are still able to utilize your season ticket holder clear bag. However, you are no longer permitted to bring in outside food and drinks. The GTAA will provide you with a reusable water bottle and have water stations for fans to take advantage of throughout the stadium. Season ticket holders will also receive concession discounts in Bobby Dodd Stadium.

• a special commemorative adidas t-shirt for season-ticket holders;
  • a souvenir water bottle for season-ticket holders;
I have two season tickets. Does that mean that I will get two t-shirts and two water bottles? I think from past history, we all know the answer to that question --- NO. Also, are they going to inquire about the shirt size we need? Probably not.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
  • a special commemorative adidas t-shirt for season-ticket holders;
  • a souvenir water bottle for season-ticket holders;
I have two season tickets. Does that mean that I will get two t-shirts and two water bottles? I think from past history, we all know the answer to that question --- NO. Also, are they going to inquire about the shirt size we need? Probably not.
this is one thing that annoys me. makes me want to buy one ticket at a time!

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
GT has moved to a clear bag policy only and has revoked the rights to bring in your own water/drinks as a season ticket holder....check this FAQ out

I am a season ticket holder who has a clear bag and was previously allowed to bring in food, drinks and snacks. Is this still possible?

You are still able to utilize your season ticket holder clear bag. However, you are no longer permitted to bring in outside food and drinks. The GTAA will provide you with a reusable water bottle and have water stations for fans to take advantage of throughout the stadium. Season ticket holders will also receive concession discounts in Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Bunch of ****ing horse****. Can't even bring in water? Not that I was planning on renewing this year anyways, but this will keep me away from more games. The concessions in BD are complete crap, especially in the upper west where I sit. Also it looks like they aren't allowing in seat cushions with zippers anymore. I mean wtf, I've been using the same seat cushions for 5 seasons now, and gotta go buy new ones bc of a bs policy? F u gtaa.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Bunch of ****ing horse****. Can't even bring in water? Not that I was planning on renewing this year anyways, but this will keep me away from more games. The concessions in BD are complete crap, especially in the upper west where I sit. Also it looks like they aren't allowing in seat cushions with zippers anymore. I mean wtf, I've been using the same seat cushions for 5 seasons now, and gotta go buy new ones bc of a bs policy? F u gtaa.
They are giving you a water bottle which you can fill up inside. Concessions need improvement and that is one of the stated improvements so we'll see.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
They are giving you a water bottle which you can fill up inside. Concessions need improvement and that is one of the stated improvements so we'll see.
They aren't giving me anything bc I'm not renewing. I just don't see the point anymore. I can buy the same tickets for $5-10 on stubhub, don't get locked into going to a game and then have to scramble to sell/give away the tickets if something comes up. The experience and novelty at BD has gone downhill a lot the past few years. Awful noon KO's every ****ing game resulting in no tailgate time, lines to get into the stadium are longer than ever, the mobile ticket scanning software is garbage, concessions are ****, and the product on the field is mediocre at best. Now they want to pile on more rules and regulations that will cost me additional money. No thanks.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
September games are typically 90+ degrees and miserable. Watch actual attendance at these games go from 30,000 to 20,000, all over wanting fans to spend $4 on a bottle of water. Crazy. Do you think our "older" West Stand fans, like my folks, are going to go to a game in 90 degree heat and use a water bottle at a water fountain with 90 year old water pipes? Or pay $4 for a bottle of water? Any now we can't bring in any tailgate food? Crazy. This will not go over well at all. We need to build the fan base, not decrease it over something totally stupid.

They aren't giving me anything bc I'm not renewing. I just don't see the point anymore. I can buy the same tickets for $5-10 on stubhub, don't get locked into going to a game and then have to scramble to sell/give away the tickets if something comes up. The experience and novelty at BD has gone downhill a lot the past few years. Awful noon KO's every ****ing game resulting in no tailgate time, lines to get into the stadium are longer than ever, the mobile ticket scanning software is garbage, concessions are ****, and the product on the field is mediocre at best. Now they want to pile on more rules and regulations that will cost me additional money. No thanks.

Ordinarily I would slam you for not being much of a fan, but, other than your comment about the product on the field being mediocre (I disagree), I can't argue with your logic, and the people in the GTAA need to take note of such issues.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally I could not care less about the concessions, I go to Grant Field to watch a football game - not to eat or, more specifically, wait in a slow moving line while I miss the game.

Bringing in my own water kept me in my seat that I paid for to watch the football game.

That season ticket holder bag was the one true useful perk for holding season tickets. A wrong-size t shirt or an uninsulated-BPA-enriched water bottle ain't doing me any favors.

This along with the ridiculous wanding of people coming in really kills my buzz for hauling my butt down to Grant Field.

I will still renew, but geeze TStan, come on.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The GTAA continues to move in the wrong direction on game day experience.

The number of games I've attended at BDS has been on a downward trend. Used to have season tickets, then a 3-game pack, last year I only went to one home game.

Call me a bad fan. But I can't justify spending an entire Saturday getting to and from BDS for an "ok" time. My wife and kids are not going to go sit in 90-degree sun with no water.