New rules at stadium

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
The way I read GTLorenzo's post, he was in violation of last year's outside food policy; he was using a generic clear bag at the time, not the GT Season Ticket Holder bag.

The way I read GTLorenzo's post, he was in violation of last year's outside food policy; he was using a generic clear bag at the time, not the GT Season Ticket Holder bag.
The food he could easily have thrown in the trash, but is this year's clear bag policy different from last year's, or will people still not be able to bring things in in a generic clear bag? If that is the case or if it was the case last year, then IMO that's just wrong.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The food he could easily have thrown in the trash, but is this year's clear bag policy different from last year's, or will people still not be able to bring things in in a generic clear bag? If that is the case or if it was the case last year, then IMO that's just wrong.

The GT Season Ticket Holder clear bag was the ONLY bag that allowed you to bring food and drinks into the stadium the last few years. Last year, you could bring any small bag into the stadium even if it wasn't clear. I took a small backpack to every game, and it wasn't clear. All of the bags had to go through the bag check. The complaint he had wasn't that he couldn't bring in another clear bag, but that he couldn't bring food and drinks in an unofficial bag.

This year's policy says that only clear bags will be allowed. You can even use a 1 gallon ziploc bag, so I am more than certain that other non GT Season Ticket Holder bags will be allowed. The bags have a size limit. The bags have to be clear. There are limits to what can be brought into the stadium. I believe those limits are exactly the same as last year, except that season ticket holders can't bring in food.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It’s not that ATLUD did some magical marketing stuff. It’s more that the fan base would’ve shown up and cheered them on in a parking lot...and paid to do it. We seem to have a lot of “fans” that would rather analyze the ROI and complain about: game times, concessions, colors, etc.

So in your world, real "fans" don't have opinions on colors? That's interesting. On the UT forums, there are whole entries on the decision by Jeremy Pruitt to kill the Smoky uniform and go back to traditional, black shoes. I guess they aren't fans.

And in your world, real "fans" don't complain about concessions. That's funny. UT just announced a $325 million renovation to Neyland to improve the game experience and especially concessions.

And in your world, real "fans" don't complain about game times. In Alabama they do. A good portion driving from South Alabama to the game has to leave around 6am to get to a noon kick-off. Do they complain? You bet they do. I know a lot of them.

Relax. Our fans are engaged and having fun. And want the same things as most.

The GT Season Ticket Holder clear bag was the ONLY bag that allowed you to bring food and drinks into the stadium the last few years. Last year, you could bring any small bag into the stadium even if it wasn't clear. I took a small backpack to every game, and it wasn't clear. All of the bags had to go through the bag check. The complaint he had wasn't that he couldn't bring in another clear bag, but that he couldn't bring food and drinks in an unofficial bag.

This year's policy says that only clear bags will be allowed. You can even use a 1 gallon ziploc bag, so I am more than certain that other non GT Season Ticket Holder bags will be allowed. The bags have a size limit. The bags have to be clear. There are limits to what can be brought into the stadium. I believe those limits are exactly the same as last year, except that season ticket holders can't bring in food.
Not sure that even season ticket holders will be able to bring in food now, but that makes sense about what they allowed and didn't allow last year

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Not sure that even season ticket holders will be able to bring in food now, but that makes sense about what they allowed and didn't allow last year
The new rules say no one will be able to bring outside food in. That is pretty standard and I am surprised that GT allowed it as long as they did. What was it, four years?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
My father just told me that they aren't allowing drinks into Alexander as of the last two basketball games. Not sure if this is accurate or not, and he may have been mistaken, but he usually takes a bottle of water and some M&Ms or something to the games and said he saw the new sign yesterday and possibly at the Duke game.

burlgt

Georgia Tech Fan
My father just told me that they aren't allowing drinks into Alexander as of the last two basketball games. Not sure if this is accurate or not, and he may have been mistaken, but he usually takes a bottle of water and some M&Ms or something to the games and said he saw the new sign yesterday and possibly at the Duke game.

I had no problem on Saturday w/ my bag.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
That's rough because with the way the season has went drinking would be helpful;)

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I've been told that the food/drink directive came from the Atlanta Police Department. First, I kind of find that hard to believe. Second, if that's not the blind leading the blind, I don't know what is. The APD telling the GTAA what to do in a way that will impact season ticket holders. You can't make that stuff up.

Discount will be 20% on concessions. So, unfortunately based on our current concession options and quality, :poop:*.8 still equals :poop:. I guess we'll just have to figure out how to get an uwrapped Chik-fil-A sandwich in my pants.....

I've also read that Tech is not going to adjust the Tech Fund in any way as to reflect the recent tax law change. So this is effectively a price increase with reduced allowances for season ticket holders. I assume there is someway they could adjust the donation requirement to not be a specific seat license fee and would still make it deductible, but not sure. Maybe they'll address that for next year.

I hate bitching about all of this, because I understand price increases when your team is good (uGA, Clemson, etc.), but we've not been good lately, save 2014, and our concessions stink. I really think Stansbury needs to say something about all of this, why its being done and how it's going to be addressed. Both food stuff and Tech Fund.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I can see both sides here. I've often stood in line at Tech and watched cursory checks of bags with some apprehension. Example = I bring binocs to every game so I can watch the blocking up close (I'm an OL nerd; sue me). I've often thought that anyone wanting to smuggle a bomb into Grant Field could do it by packing a pair of binocs with C4 and a cell phone activator; the checks never extend to actually looking through the glasses. I can see why the cops would be concerned, iow. A clear bag won't stop that, but it would make it harder. Also, the business with concessions is pretty much SOP at most stadiums; internalizing benefits, I think they call it.

Oth, I'm with everyone here in saying that the concessions suck and that, if we are going to have to buy in the stadium, we should see a real upgrade in quality. I doubt this will happen by next year, of course, but it should be on the scope soon at GTAA. There also need to be accommodations for the dietary restrictions mentioned above; you apply and you get it. I also am with Lorenzo about the tax angle. I hadn't thought of that at all and he's right. There should be a way to get around the new law and it should be done tout suite.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
To me, it is very simple. If you wan tot increase physical attendance at games, you focus on making the experience more enjoyable and positive for the attendees. Period.

Having just gotten off a cruise ship which has that focus, it is very clear what customer service will do in that regard.

I guess I am just too dumb to understand the GTAA motives.

burlgt

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been told that the food/drink directive came from the Atlanta Police Department. First, I kind of find that hard to believe. Second, if that's not the blind leading the blind, I don't know what is. The APD telling the GTAA what to do in a way that will impact season ticket holders. You can't make that stuff up.

Discount will be 20% on concessions. So, unfortunately based on our current concession options and quality, :poop:*.8 still equals :poop:. I guess we'll just have to figure out how to get an uwrapped Chik-fil-A sandwich in my pants.....

I've also read that Tech is not going to adjust the Tech Fund in any way as to reflect the recent tax law change. So this is effectively a price increase with reduced allowances for season ticket holders. I assume there is someway they could adjust the donation requirement to not be a specific seat license fee and would still make it deductible, but not sure. Maybe they'll address that for next year.

I hate bitching about all of this, because I understand price increases when your team is good (uGA, Clemson, etc.), but we've not been good lately, save 2014, and our concessions stink. I really think Stansbury needs to say something about all of this, why its being done and how it's going to be addressed. Both food stuff and Tech Fund.

If APD is dictating bag policy, it sounds like a good thing the Braves moved out of the city limits

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech Fund isn't changing this year but I would be surprised if it doesn't change in near future. I don't think many if any schools are changing anything this year, just not enough time to gge everything together.

Tech Fund isn't changing this year but I would be surprised if it doesn't change in near future. I don't think many if any schools are changing anything this year, just not enough time to gge everything together.
I agree with you about all schools not having time to regroup for this year. But I bet there are wholesale changes next year, and I hope Tech is one of the ones making those changes.

Deleted member 2897

So in your world, real "fans" don't have opinions on colors? That's interesting. On the UT forums, there are whole entries on the decision by Jeremy Pruitt to kill the Smoky uniform and go back to traditional, black shoes. I guess they aren't fans.

And in your world, real "fans" don't complain about concessions. That's funny. UT just announced a $325 million renovation to Neyland to improve the game experience and especially concessions.

And in your world, real "fans" don't complain about game times. In Alabama they do. A good portion driving from South Alabama to the game has to leave around 6am to get to a noon kick-off. Do they complain? You bet they do. I know a lot of them.

Relax. Our fans are engaged and having fun. And want the same things as most.

$325 million? LOLOLOLOLOL. We should as a general rule do the opposite of whatever Tennessee does.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I really don't care about the food thing, and I don't mind bringing an empty water bottle to be filled inside the stadium. But if we are going to have to have a REQUIRED type of water bottle, and they are only giving one of them to each season ticket buyer, no matter how many tickets he purchases, then that's where I have a big problem. IMO that's just plain stupid.
I chatted with Michael today in the ticket office, and he says you can bring any type of empty bottle in, but he was unsure if they would sell additional bottles like the one being given to season ticket holders. Because I didn't received a text/call or email, I asked about renewing now. He confirmed that you can call and renew your season tickets now with $25 discount per ticket, except gold zone tickets, but online will be available 2/22. His number is 404.385.4425

I chatted with Michael today in the ticket office, and he says you can bring any type of empty bottle in, but he was unsure if they would sell additional bottles like the one being given to season ticket holders. Because I didn't received a text/call or email, I asked about renewing now. He confirmed that you can call and renew your season tickets now with $25 discount per ticket, except gold zone tickets, but online will be available 2/22. His number is 404.385.4425
Thanks. I need to call my ticket rep but haven't yet.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

APD has no jurisdiction on campus. Jurisdiction on campus resides with GTPD.