New rules at stadium

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
APD has no jurisdiction on campus. Jurisdiction on campus resides with GTPD.
With repect to APD dictating stadium policies, APD does not have any authority. They could deny their officer's work permits for extra jobs on Gameday but that would be about it.

Make no mistake though, APD can and will write traffic tickets on campus as they are authorized to do so under state law and if there is a mutual aide agreement - they can make arrests on campus.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
With repect to APD dictating stadium policies, APD does not have any authority. They could deny their officer's work permits for extra jobs on Gameday but that would be about it.

Make no mistake though, APD can and will write traffic tickets on campus as they are authorized to do so under state law and if there is a mutual aide agreement - they can make arrests on campus.

They can technically yes, campus is inside city limits. And certainly can when working part time jobs on campus. But generally should act more as backups rather than primary officers on scenes or stops. One exception would be a major incident on campus where GTPD might cede jurisdiction and command of the incident to APD (mass casualty / bomb threat / SWAT call etc). There could be other exceptions.

Also any officer that has been deputized by any county sheriff can technically enforce laws anywhere in the state. To include traffic stops, arrests, search warrants etc.

But typically speaking, GTPD has primary jurisdiction on campus.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree that this is true:
. . . typically speaking, GTPD has primary jurisdiction on campus.

I do not agree with this:
APD has no jurisdiction on campus. Jurisdiction on campus resides with GTPD.

I would not want someone escalating a confrontation with an APD officer based on a misunderstanding about jurisdiction.

CSB: There are plenty of people that visit Georgia from other states that think that a sheriff's deputy does not have LEO powers because sheriffs don't have those powers in their home states.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I agree that this is true:

I do not agree with this:

I would not want someone escalating a confrontation with an APD officer based on a misunderstanding about jurisdiction.

CSB: There are plenty of people that visit Georgia from other states that think that a sheriff's deputy does not have LEO powers because sheriffs don't have those powers in their home states.

That second quote was in reference to someone saying APD makes security rules at BDS and on campus. Their lack of jurisdiction in that instance is true.

I haven’t said or implied officers from other agencies have no lawful authority on campus. I think my follow up posts make that clear.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
They can technically yes, campus is inside city limits. And certainly can when working part time jobs on campus. But generally should act more as backups rather than primary officers on scenes or stops. One exception would be a major incident on campus where GTPD might cede jurisdiction and command of the incident to APD (mass casualty / bomb threat / SWAT call etc). There could be other exceptions.

Also any officer that has been deputized by any county sheriff can technically enforce laws anywhere in the state. To include traffic stops, arrests, search warrants etc.

But typically speaking, GTPD has primary jurisdiction on campus.
nm

Just spoke to my ticket rep and renewed my season tickets. I passed along to him the questions/gripes that have been posted on this board. He said he would pass along my gripes about incompetent or disinterested security people at the gates as well as my request for one bottle per ticket instead of one bottle per order. Don't know if it will go anywhere, but I feel better for telling him...LOL I also asked him about plastic bags and water bottles. He said that NEITHER have to be marked as Tech or Tech season ticket holder. Any empty clear plastic bottle is permitted, and any clear plastic bag is permitted as long as it meets the size requirements, whether it is marked or not. Now whether that information gets passed along to the people at the gates is another matter, but those are the policies.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I know it's an old thread, but I thought I would add this. The Varsity has anniversary cups that get free refills at the Varsity.(And 90 cent shakes). Proceeds for the cups go to the Shepherd Center. I don't know yet if they will allow these to be used as "empty clear bottles", but if they do it will fit very nicely with my game day routine: Eat at the Varsity, go to the game.

https://thevarsity.com/shop/90th-anniversary-refill-cup.html

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I know it's an old thread, but I thought I would add this. The Varsity has anniversary cups that get free refills at the Varsity.(And 90 cent shakes). Proceeds for the cups go to the Shepherd Center. I don't know yet if they will allow these to be used as "empty clear bottles", but if they do it will fit very nicely with my game day routine: Eat at the Varsity, go to the game.

https://thevarsity.com/shop/90th-anniversary-refill-cup.html

These are nice cups. I'd forgotten I had one until you reminded me.

20180806_212002.jpg
20180806_212014.jpg

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of a "party deck" with beer sales, shade, and a large rail for fans to watch the game from, but I find the idea of jacuzzi tubs really cheesy and I don't think would work at Tech.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of a "party deck" with beer sales, shade, and a large rail for fans to watch the game from, but I find the idea of jacuzzi tubs really cheesy and I don't think would work at Tech.
The bone shaped pool above is for dogs not humans. Seriously!