New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
My dislike for uniform threads not withstanding I had some time to waste today, and I wasted it reading this thread. My interest in Children's Health Care of Atlanta got the better of me. Since this is the internet and everyone is entitled to my opinions, a couple of things:

Wanting GT to wear a certain color uniform is NOT equal to being unsupportive of CHOA, or children with medical needs in general.

Based on a few minutes of googling, Heisman's "Grey Devils" were the "scrubs"/JV/scout/BTL/developmental team of his (and Alexander's day). So Supersize's post about grey not being on Grant Field stands, re: GT varsity football.

If the GTAA wanted to rebrand GT sports and help GT and us fans to be more recognizable on TV by rooting out different shades of "gold", then using & selling fans one-off jerseys in grey/blue (or whatever non-GT Gold/white) will work against their stated goal.

Supporting CHOA can be done with direct donation. Enriching Adidas, Fanatics, the GT bookstore or the GTAA at the same time is not required.

Having GT football tied in with CHOA is a wonderful idea for both entities.

Having less GT fans at a home game will not help GT football reach its goals.

Abusing other GT fans due to their GT gear colors also keeps GT football from reaching its goals.

From my phone and computer this "grey" looks like a washed out navy blue.

Toe meets leather in 10 days. Carry on.

Nail...meet hammer.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
What do you think about the gray unis, @Whiskey_Clear ?

I actually don’t mind them. It’s a harmless gimmick. I mind the ahole posters who demand group think and get nasty when some don’t comply. I’m trying to avoid calling out all the nonsensical arguments tying the Jersey decisions to the cause etc...issues are only related because Tech chose to roll out the jerseys for this occasion. The cause is great no doubt there.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Doing what everyone else has already done... really standing out from the crowd and differentiating.
I look at it as doing the bare minimum of what other teams have done, plus more pushing for more with basically no money in the athletic funds due to debts

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Who cares about saving a few lives, amirite? Can't be asking me to *gasp* watch my team in a diff'rnt jersey. The nerve of these people.
If it helps sick kids...yes.

If a donor said "GT wear red and black and uga wear white and gold, and I'll donate $100,000,000 to childhood cancer research." count me in.

Sorry guys, but you've got to get a life that doesn't involve making someone feel like an ******* that hates kids because they don't like the color of a jersey. What a sick way to twist someone's words.

Maybe I missed it in the video, or the article, or the link to the cape day website, but I fail to see what wearing gray has to do with helping the kids. What I did read was a loose connection between the color gray and John Heisman's scout team the Gray Devils. So sure, let's call it tradition that we're going to wear the jerseys of the guys that pretended to be our opponents for roughly 30 years in practice and call it tradition.

They could have picked whatever color they wanted and donated the proceeds to help sick kids...and HOPEFULLY the same group of people would have purchased the jersey to help the kids anway. Or here's a thought...maybe those acting like I don't want to help kids could donate to this charity annually instead of waiting for the opportunity to purchase a cool looking jersey to do so.

Sheesh...maybe I've been caught in a weak moment where I care what people on the internet say, but really man...what a joke.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with whiskey. Almost 10 pages in and it seems everyone has an opinion on uniforms. Some are really passionate about it. Please don't associate someone's opinion about uniforms with CHOA and the relationship Tech has had with CHOA over the years.

You can dislike the uniform but appreciate the branding.

I got over uniforms a long time ago, because quite frankly, the folks that matter could not care less about what we think on this or any other forum.

THIS! I’m a 40 year old who wants the program to appeal to teenagers of today, not 1950.
How do you know a CONSISTENT White and Gold uniform that is totally distinctive across the nation won't appeal to the teenagers of today. They only know what's given to them; it's not like they came up with the idea and said how much more they would like Tech if they adopted them. They might appeal to teenagers who pull for Bama too, but I guarantee you Bama would never use them.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually don’t mind them. It’s a harmless gimmick. I mind the ahole posters who demand group think and get nasty when some don’t comply. I’m trying to avoid calling out all the nonsensical arguments tying the Jersey decisions to the cause etc...issues are only related because Tech chose to roll out the jerseys for this occasion. The cause is great no doubt there.
No thoughts on the stitching?

I agree with whiskey. Almost 10 pages in and it seems everyone has an opinion on uniforms. Some are really passionate about it. Please don't associate someone's opinion about uniforms with CHOA and the relationship Tech has had with CHOA over the years.

You can dislike the uniform but appreciate the branding.

I got over uniforms a long time ago, because quite frankly, the folks that matter could not care less about what we think on this or any other forum.
And that's part of the problem: the "folks that matter" don't give a damn what the fans think ABOUT ANYTHING. Maybe if they showed a willingness to listen, they might actually learn something, and I'm not just talking about uniform colors.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You will find that very few of the mega posters (12,000 +) post any content.

When u come across a post that seems really off try the following : If you can visualize adding in or taking out a word to make their post tolerable i suggest you do that.

They are generally good guys. But they come with strong opinions that can't be changed even if u present eye witness testimony.

I cant believe so few people recognize how awesome it is for gt reputation to see the kid in the whitle jersey and gold cape.