New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
My dislike for uniform threads not withstanding I had some time to waste today, and I wasted it reading this thread. My interest in Children's Health Care of Atlanta got the better of me. Since this is the internet and everyone is entitled to my opinions, a couple of things:

Wanting GT to wear a certain color uniform is NOT equal to being unsupportive of CHOA, or children with medical needs in general.

Based on a few minutes of googling, Heisman's "Grey Devils" were the "scrubs"/JV/scout/BTL/developmental team of his (and Alexander's day). So Supersize's post about grey not being on Grant Field stands, re: GT varsity football.

If the GTAA wanted to rebrand GT sports and help GT and us fans to be more recognizable on TV by rooting out different shades of "gold", then using & selling fans one-off jerseys in grey/blue (or whatever non-GT Gold/white) will work against their stated goal.

Supporting CHOA can be done with direct donation. Enriching Adidas, Fanatics, the GT bookstore or the GTAA at the same time is not required.

Having GT football tied in with CHOA is a wonderful idea for both entities.

Having less GT fans at a home game will not help GT football reach its goals.

Abusing other GT fans due to their GT gear colors also keeps GT football from reaching its goals.

From my phone and computer this "grey" looks like a washed out navy blue.

Toe meets leather in 10 days. Carry on.

Animal02

Banned
My dislike for uniform threads not withstanding I had some time to waste today, and I wasted it reading this thread. My interest in Children's Health Care of Atlanta got the better of me. Since this is the internet and everyone is entitled to my opinions, a couple of things:

Wanting GT to wear a certain color uniform is NOT equal to being unsupportive of CHOA, or children with medical needs in general.

Based on a few minutes of googling, Heisman's "Grey Devils" were the "scrubs"/JV/scout/BTL/developmental team of his (and Alexander's day). So Supersize's post about grey not being on Grant Field stands, re: GT varsity football.

If the GTAA wanted to rebrand GT sports and help GT and us fans to be more recognizable on TV by rooting out different shades of "gold", then using & selling fans one-off jerseys in grey/blue (or whatever non-GT Gold/white) will work against their stated goal.

Supporting CHOA can be done with direct donation. Enriching Adidas, Fanatics, the GT bookstore or the GTAA at the same time is not required.

Having GT football tied in with CHOA is a wonderful idea for both entities.

Having less GT fans at a home game will not help GT football reach its goals.

Abusing other GT fans due to their GT gear colors also keeps GT football from reaching its goals.

From my phone and computer this "grey" looks like a washed out navy blue.

Toe meets leather in 10 days. Carry on.
This. When I first read the release on the FB....my first thought was we are sending the team out in Scout team unis. I am sure that will be the source many jokes. But for most of the crowd here CGC walks on water. :rolleyes:

This wasn't even CGC's idea.. but of course you will try to find a way to bash him anyway.
Good grief, man. Nobody on here is bashing CGC. Everything he has done so far looks GREAT, but NOBODY will know ANYTHING until the team takes the field. Even then, wins and losses won't matter anywhere near as much as scheme and effort.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Good grief, man. Nobody on here is bashing CGC. Everything he has done so far looks GREAT, but NOBODY will know ANYTHING until the team takes the field. Even then, wins and losses won't matter anywhere near as much as scheme and effort.

Good grief, man. We're not even talking about football, we're talking about uniforms and multiple people in this thread have come up with this theory that the "gray" uniforms are all CGC's fault. That's all I'm addressing.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This. When I first read the release on the FB....my first thought was we are sending the team out in Scout team unis. I am sure that will be the source many jokes. But for most of the crowd here CGC walks on water. :rolleyes:

This makes no sense. It’s amazing what traditions you guys like to cherry pick

I see no one making fun about Clemson about having faded Auburn practice jerseys.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This makes no sense. It’s amazing what traditions you guys like to cherry pick

I see no one making fun about Clemson about having faded Auburn practice jerseys.

I'll never understand traditionalist. A lot of us wear "GOLD" glasses, but man. We act like we are penn state and can run on the field with only white or gold jersey, like they do with white and blue.

I hate to break it to people but Penn state has a FAR SUPERIOR fan base than us... they seat 100k. We seat half that. They pack 100k we fill 70-80% of ours.

We as fans know traditions, but 14-18 yr old kids do not. They have no clue. And we have ZERO brand that make us attractive. The last 10 years was TAINTED nationally by the media. Our own in city media barely covered us even when we were winning. To think we should make 15 yr old kids respect "tradition" seems like people not liking change and are afraid to risk something to possibly have a better program. At worst it looks like a weird time period for tech. But if it works, which IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT IS. (Since Collins has done more for recruiting in 8 months than Johnson did in 10 years.) Then I say suck it up. Things change, USUALLY for the better and what may be new TODAY may be TRADITION for GT when my kids go there.

I'd love to have a new Childrens Healthcare jersey every year. That can be TRADITION, and maybe even give the kids a chance to design them. After all the uniform is for the kids and the young men that chose to sacrifice their time, love, and energy to play for THE INSTITUTE.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Some people don't like grey uniforms. Some don't like blue. Yawn. I don't really care. They have an opinion. That's about all I have to say about that.

Really thrilled to see this connection to CHOA and cape day. I'm just bummed that it is the ONE game I'm going to miss this year. I think I'll see if I can donate my tix to a family through CHOA. Does anyone know how that might be pulled off?

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Some people don't like grey uniforms. Some don't like blue. Yawn. I don't really care. They have an opinion. That's about all I have to say about that.

Really thrilled to see this connection to CHOA and cape day. I'm just bummed that it is the ONE game I'm going to miss this year. I think I'll see if I can donate my tix to a family through CHOA. Does anyone know how that might be pulled off?

That's a GREAT idea! If you don't mind I'd like to bring this up to the marketing team. Mike castle is a great contact there.