New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

Animal02

Banned
I'll never understand traditionalist. A lot of us wear "GOLD" glasses, but man. We act like we are penn state and can run on the field with only white or gold jersey, like they do with white and blue.

I hate to break it to people but Penn state has a FAR SUPERIOR fan base than us... they seat 100k. We seat half that. They pack 100k we fill 70-80% of ours.

We as fans know traditions, but 14-18 yr old kids do not. They have no clue. And we have ZERO brand that make us attractive. The last 10 years was TAINTED nationally by the media. Our own in city media barely covered us even when we were winning. To think we should make 15 yr old kids respect "tradition" seems like people not liking change and are afraid to risk something to possibly have a better program. At worst it looks like a weird time period for tech. But if it works, which IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT IS. (Since Collins has done more for recruiting in 8 months than Johnson did in 10 years.) Then I say suck it up. Things change, USUALLY for the better and what may be new TODAY may be TRADITION for GT when my kids go there.

I'd love to have a new Childrens Healthcare jersey every year. That can be TRADITION, and maybe even give the kids a chance to design them. After all the uniform is for the kids and the young men that chose to sacrifice their time, love, and energy to play for THE INSTITUTE.
It is called branding.......but if you want to be Maryland of the south....................

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't know about y'all, but I couldn't see any colors through the backside of tears. This is great.

For those with their Lane Bryant panties in a wad, I wouldn't care if GT wore pink for Breast Cancer-Mother and both grandmothers are survivors, or purple for Alzheimers-Grandfather died from it. I wouldn't care what color we wore as long as it serves a higher purpose.

I believe we are better than complaining about colors when we are raising awareness for sick kids.

Quick story, I have a childhood friend who is a die hard uga fan. She has 3 kids. the youngest was born several months early and is still struggling but improving. Year before last, just after the birth, the 2 oldest kids was at the Ronald McDonald house and a group of GT dance and cheer teams came through. They spent time playing and coloring with him and his sister so his mom could rest. BOTH of those kids are now GT fans and get excited when my car drives up with the Buzz and GT logos on it. This should be what GT is about.

Standing Ovation:)

And none of what you wrote has anything to do with the color gray. Thanks for sharing though.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think its great. The cause is awesome and we gotta quit worrying so much about "tradition" for traditions sake. We are not Alabama and if we don't want the whole program to become a subject for the history books we gotta let go. I love the classic look but it doesn't get kids excited the way this kinda stuff does......AND THIS IS FOR A GREAT CAUSE, so even if you can't stand it......SHUT UP THIS ONCE!

Lolol

Animal02

Banned
Good grief, man. Nobody on here is bashing CGC. Everything he has done so far looks GREAT, but NOBODY will know ANYTHING until the team takes the field. Even then, wins and losses won't matter anywhere near as much as scheme and effort.
Obviously someone you replied to has reading comprehension problems, :rolleyes: and was exactly the type I was talking about.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have to admit that my objection was based on the color I saw in the initial video posted, and on my phone (computer in the shop), the uniforms looked Navy blue, and not even a good shade of Navy. If they are indeed gray, then I will reserve my opinion until I have seen them. I actually thought the gray uniforms pictured in a post several weeks ago looked pretty good. Ironically, although I saw gray then, others swore up an down they were blue.

Wait. You rail about Navy. Even though there is a clear history of Navy jerseys going back a long way. Because it’s not an official school color. But you are okay with gray. Wtf? Lol

Tech teams also get naked and shower after practices and games. All the way back to Heisman. So they should probably do a “one off” and play nude in helmets and pads. Makes as much since as the gray devils nonsense. :D

You have no grounds to complain about navy anymore. :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like them. Pretty much every team out there has done a grey alternate at some point besides us. This is us catching up with the times and achieving swag parity with other schools. That’s a big benefit of the adidas contract.

Doing what everyone else has already done... really standing out from the crowd and differentiating.

Well, in keeping with my collection the Jacket ordered one this morning, But, if the Game is on the 5th why does it say shipping October 18th. Would you think they want the fans in the stands sporting that jersey?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If it can be of benefit to us older fans with, well you know, certain plumbing problems that Varsity chili dogs can't help.

These onyx gray unis are not to benefit our fans or team - it is for unfortunate children. If someone can not see beyond that basic fact then they have bigger problems.

This is Great outreach that will have many side benefits.

You missed the part where they liked the idea of gray before the tie in to choa.