New Gray Uniforms with Children's Healthcare

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
This may help answer some questions. From a friend at GTAA involved in the project:

Thanks for the feedback. When we previewed them for several guys on the team this weekend, they loved it. It's a great cause, and we hope that we'll be able to elevate Cape Day to new heights for CHOA.

As far as how this came about, we sat down with GT historian several years ago when we were researched origins of school colors. She gave us a lot of background on various eras, and the "gray devils" were something that stuck out to us. Last year, when adidas came to us to discuss a uniform tied to a charitable cause, this was something that resonated with everyone as a way to tie it into our history.

CHOA was a natural partner, given our long relationship with them. I grew up going to the Scottish Rite game on Thanksgiving morning. The cape day tie-in came up in discussions with them, so it was a perfect way to bring it all together as a one-time uniform.

Showed the concept uniform to Coach Collins in his first week, and he was 100% on board with it. With the jerseys, t-shirts and cape proceeds, we're taking the adidas charitable concept to the next level. We'll have some more stuff to share as we get to game week, but we couldn't be more excited about being part of this.

Wait, I was told that the gray uniforms were CGC's idea and he just wanted to wear gray so bad he tied it to CHOA?!?!?!?!?!?!

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm just really curious why in some pictures they look 100% blue and in others 100% gray. Something up with the lighting maybe. Can't imagine we have some cool thread/weave that changes based on viewing angle.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If you can’t see how great this connection between GT and CHOA is solely because you don’t like the color of a uniform that will be worn ONCE, you are the problem. This is such a great way to continue CGCs and GTs connection with the city and community. Raising money to help kids in is fantastic on its own, and should be the only reason anyone needs to like these unis. Add in the extra benefit of building connections with these families, and there’s really no downside. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they ended up putting some of the kids’ names on the back of the jerseys like UAB does once a year. If you want to build a larger fan base, and a younger fan base, this is a great way to do it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I'm just really curious why in some pictures they look 100% blue and in others 100% gray. Something up with the lighting maybe. Can't imagine we have some cool thread/weave that changes based on viewing angle.
I haven’t seen a single photo that makes these look anything like blue. They’ve looked 100% grey the entire time to me, and I think some people who see blue hues have just convinced themselves that they are blue, and can’t unsee it.

I haven’t seen a single photo that makes these look anything like blue. They’ve looked 100% grey the entire time to me, and I think some people who see blue hues have just convinced themselves that they are blue, and can’t unsee it.
When they originally posted the photo of the uniform several weeks ago, some on here said they had "calibrated their monitor" and they were definitely blue. I thought they were gray all along until a video was posted this morning of a group of players wearing them, and they did look blue in that video. I like the gray.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
They're ugly af. Period. For the 2nd time, don't try to spin that with the cause itself. But keep tryin I guess.

Subjective. Only a Sith deals in absolutes, Darth Hansel . :ROFLMAO:

I think they look pretty neat, but to each his/her/their own.

I would say, however, that in this day and age of uniform craziness we should expect more and more of this. If some tornado rips through metro Atlanta this year I wouldn't be surprised if next year we have a Yellow and Orange "Remember BuckHead" special edition jersey.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
When they originally posted the photo of the uniform several weeks ago, some on here said they had "calibrated their monitor" and they were definitely blue. I thought they were gray all along until a video was posted this morning of a group of players wearing them, and they did look blue in that video. I like the gray.
Where did you see this video?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
The motto of the Institute is progress and service. We are inextricably tied to the great city of Atlanta. The partnership with CHOA is a credit to our school.

Those are all things I think we uniformly agree on. Now to the topic of the day, the color scheme. I personally like it as a one off denoting something uncommon for an uncommonly good organization. If you don’t like it, then I suggest you focus instead on the charity aspect.

Go Jackets!

[emoji3452] (ps apple rocks the golden jacket emoji)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Give me a break. He wanted us to wear grey so he tied it to a great cause, and you bought it hook line and sinker. The irony is great.

They're ugly af. Period. For the 2nd time, don't try to spin that with the cause itself. But keep tryin I guess.
If Collins wanted a Gray uniform we would’ve gotten one, there’s way more to this.