ND at GT

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Glad we won. Relieved is more like it. Still felt we had WAY too many turnovers in the first half.

Without AD and Alvarado, we go down to 3-4 serviceable players but very little leadership. Wondering if they can be relied on the rest of the games.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
This team should rebound so much better than they do. Our bigs have weak hands, and everyone needs to block out much better

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
This team should rebound so much better than they do. Our bigs have weak hands, and everyone needs to block out much better
Pastner spent much of the first half yelling at the players to grab the ball. "You're not in High School Anymore!"

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
ND took nearly 25% more shots than we did. Rough way to try and win a game.

Yep, I've been beating this drum since we started ACC play. Believe it or not, ND taking 13 more shots than us tonight was actually less than our average of 15 fewer shots than our opponent in ACC play. I think we are at 88 fewer shots than our opponents through 6 ACC games now. It basically comes down to turnover margin and rebounding. Tonight it was basically all rebounding. We gave up 20 offensive rebounds.

Great win though. Solid contributions from 4 of the 5 starters scoring in double figures and Moore played well off the bench.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck

Trouble holding on to the ball is a weakness for Banks that I don't understand. The dude is built like a brick ****house. You would think he could squeeze the air out of the ball.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Imagine where we would be without JB3.

Also thought Devoe played great tonight.

Someone should tell AD that when the entire team is guarding him in the paint he isn’t obligated to always shoot it. He doesn’t get paid extra for that. Especially when he isn’t in position to go over his left shoulder

Here's the other side of that.
imagine where we might be if JB3 had redshirted this year - had a full year to work with Coach Rev and then had him for 2 years, along with 2 years from Usher and all the FR and SO.

Yes, this year would be extremely difficult, but the flip side is your upside is higher the next 2 seasons.

i do feel like a lineup that starts JB3 at 5, Jose and Mike in the backcourt and then Usher and one of Moore/Haywood (whichever is further along by next fall) is a pretty solid 5.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's the other side of that.
imagine where we might be if JB3 had redshirted this year - had a full year to work with Coach Rev and then had him for 2 years, along with 2 years from Usher and all the FR and SO.

Yes, this year would be extremely difficult, but the flip side is your upside is higher the next 2 seasons.

i do feel like a lineup that starts JB3 at 5, Jose and Mike in the backcourt and then Usher and one of Moore/Haywood (whichever is further along by next fall) is a pretty solid 5.

Without Banks this year, we might be bad enough to kill recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

True. But you need 7 or 8, what with injuries and fouls etc

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was a really good win. Jose makes or breaks this team - regardless of the fact that AD played well tonight.

We still need Devoe to become a scorer - right now he has a pass first, second and third mentality. We need him to get more of a scoring mentality.

I totally agree 20 offensive rebounds is way - way no really way too many. What I will say is that ND did a really good job of getting the ball to the corner for shots and with that putting Banks on a string to have to go out and contest. With him out of the middle we suck at rebounding. Add in Mooney looks like a guy at the local bar but is a really good player at carving out space and rebounding without superior athleticism.

This was a game we had to have and we got it. Kudos to the Jackets. Tough couple of games coming up but hopefully they have a little momentum going into a tough stretch.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ND took nearly 25% more shots than we did. Rough way to try and win a game.

To me, aside from the first half turnovers, rebounding was the big weakness. There were several times they out hustled our guy for the board. Cole kicked/slapped two easy rebounds over the line.

He and Moses both played like they were both still studying for tomorrow’s exam!