ND at GT

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If Jose is back we keep it close and might pull it off, but no Jose and it will likely look like the UL game. Still hoping for Devoe to have that signature come-to moment and take over one of these days.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I played ND earlier today at +1. Expecting Jose to be out.

I'm usually wrong when I bet GT, so expect a good showing tomororw.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pretty much the same outlook as Louisville. We have to get some confidence by scoring, and then hope to muddy things up by keeping them in the 60's. We can't come out and not score for however long it was. Figure some things out to get an easy basket or two up front so we feel better about ourselves.

they are wounded - as are we - but they have had some time to get used to their situation. If we have a shot at this Devoe has to have a big game.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly can’t believe we don’t have a backup point guard! Looking at next years class, We’re going to have same problems if Alvarado gets hurt again!

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly can’t believe we don’t have a backup point guard! Looking at next years class, We’re going to have same problems if Alvarado gets hurt again!
Isn't Devoe supposed to be PG? I know he's playing mostly SG now, but I thought we recruited him as PG

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Just savagery, dt. Pure savagery. I'm not saying it's ban-worthy but it's close.

Correct. He & Jose are both PGs that can play off ball.

Honestly it's felt like Devoe has been the 1 more. Actually works better that way imho. That said, not sure he's ready to play that position without Jose there as a safety net.

GT_EE78

Banned
maybe i'm looking at his words too optimisticly , quote from second article "Monday evening, coach Josh Pastner gave a glimmer of hope for Alvarado and Gueye, saying in a text message that he would evaluate them in the Tuesday shootaround to see if they are able to play." If CJP is evaluating them himself(as he said) , doesn't that mean the medical OK has already been given, and that he's looking at their pain/discomfort/mobility level...
If I'm interpretting his language correctly , then it seems likely that they're at least within a few days practice/therapy of being ready. Hope i'm right.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly it's felt like Devoe has been the 1 more. Actually works better that way imho. That said, not sure he's ready to play that position without Jose there as a safety net.

This is accurate and makes sense. Jose played off ball/dual PG his entire SR year of HS.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well, if we don't have Jose, I hope we go big and have Wright, Cole and Banks play a bunch of minutes with Devoe plus 1 rounding it out. We need some of the high low post game we see from Wright and Cole earlier this season and Banks as a defensive leader NEEDS to happen tonight. Hopefully Devoe woke up hungry for redemption and Angry about UL.