NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Finley is actually still a freshman, so he has 3 more years of eligibility left.

As to who starts the second game if we can get by the first game, I have no idea. It's going to depend on who we have to use to get through that first game, but my bet would be McGuire or Hill.

Finley has played three years, but one was the COVID pass year. I think there is a limitation on number of years at a 4 year college too which would also limit Finley to two more years. Regardless, I think we agree he'll be back next year which is good. https://www.thebaseballcube.com/page.asp?PT=player&ID=224693
1654372101326.png

I think Short Leash would start the second game.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
OK, we are playing tomorrow at 1400 with Grissom starting. Who would start for the next game if we get there?

Huff was fabulous today and did what was needed plus. Finley got some work in and will be back next year (eligible this year but has two years of eligibility left.). They are really the only two we won't have available tomorrow.

Hope Parada is ok with ice on the ankle. Don't know how preventative the ice was.
If we don't need to use him in relief.... MAXWELL!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Finley has played three years, but one was the COVID pass year. I think there is a limitation on number of years at a 4 year college too which would also limit Finley to two more years. Regardless, I think we agree he'll be back next year which is good. https://www.thebaseballcube.com/page.asp?PT=player&ID=224693
View attachment 12533

I think Short Leash would start the second game.
He got a RS though because of his TJ surgery. So he had a Covid year and a RS year which makes him a RS freshman right now. At least that's the way he's listed on the roster.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
OK, we are playing tomorrow at 1400 with Grissom starting. Who would start for the next game if we get there?

Huff was fabulous today and did what was needed plus. Finley got some work in and will be back next year (eligible this year but has two years of eligibility left.). They are really the only two we won't have available tomorrow.

Hope Parada is ok with ice on the ankle. Don't know how preventative the ice was.
I assume is it nothing (relatively). This time of year.. lots of nagging things likely & especially at his position. Lots of abuse to lower body. If it was significant, the treatment would be out of sight from cameras.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He got a RS though because of his TJ surgery. So he had a Covid year and a RS year which makes him a RS freshman right now. At least that's the way he's listed on the roster.

Sure but there is a 5 year clock too. I don't think this clock was waived for COVID as the players were enrolled in a D1 school, only allowing 2020 to not count against the 4 year playing limit. That may not be correct but is why I said Finley only has 2 years of eligibility left.

1654375864864.png

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Sure but there is a 5 year clock too. I don't think this clock was waived for COVID as the players were enrolled in a D1 school, only allowing 2020 to not count against the 4 year playing limit. That may not be correct but is why I said Finley only has 2 years of eligibility left.

View attachment 12534
I'm guessing that that is now a 6 year clock for those who have been impacted by the COVID 2020 year?

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I can’t say I have always looked at all the regionals every year, but I feel like the blowouts are everywhere this year. I was scrolling through the scores and it seemed like every other game had a team with around 20 or more runs

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tennessee fans all over twitter are shocked by how good Campbell was. They don’t want to face them again and want us to win. Hope we get them what they wish for and can show them a couple surprises.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Good morning, my fellow GT guys ‘n gals!

Every year, a few of these mid-major conference baseball teams are actually excellent ball clubs with loads of talent. They can play with anyone in the major conferences …

The Campbell Fighting Camels are one of them.