NCAA Tourney

Do we advance past Regionals this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
A VN poster said that it will be an awful clash if Notre Dame wears all green and Vols wear all orange. Yuck! Looks like vomit. I don't know how Miami puts up with that color combo. Somebody needs to wear white or gray

1654734710493.png

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow
The Tennessee case study is interesting. I guess since they were cellar dweller for years and football being meh too has made the fans, players and coaches extreme douches. They are undoubtedly good but man that’s a rough pull for there.
IMO, they are a bunch of punks. Fans are borderline, lunatics, the way they boo every freaking call.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like the dude that got tossed was used to getting away with talking back to SEC umps, and was surprised when he got tossed
He didn't get tossed just for talking back. It was the way he talked back dropping a couple of F Bombs. It looked like he said "do your F'n job". That will get you tossed at any level of baseball. And anyone that can read lips saw that their coach was dropping similar F bombs throughout the game. Maybe that's the reason they are such punks. They copy their coach.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Both ND and Tenn are throwing their aces tomorrow so it should be interesting. The fact they beat the #1 seed without their ace has got to give them a lot of confidence going into tomorrow.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
As someone above mentioned we see this all the time in sports. A team that doesn’t know how to lose so the minute they get pushed they react poorly and get off the rails fast. Examples I can remember are the UNLV team who ran into Duke. Or the Pistons when Jordan got over the hump. Usually pros handle it pretty well since they get paid regardless, but these protein filled baseball players are fun to watch implode.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
As someone above mentioned we see this all the time in sports. A team that doesn’t know how to lose so the minute they get pushed they react poorly and get off the rails fast. Examples I can remember are the UNLV team who ran into Duke. Or the Pistons when Jordan got over the hump. Usually pros handle it pretty well since they get paid regardless, but these protein filled baseball players are fun to watch implode.
Awww, I feel so sorry for Tennessee. Those players seem like such an upstanding group of kids.....

Seriously, this is why I was really hoping we could get to Monday against them, even with a decimated pitching staff. You could start to see in our game the weight of the expectations getting to them a little (the CF pounding the wall on Reid's homer, all the incessant yelling at the umps, etc.) They may come out and respond like a dominant team and cruise over the next couple of games. But it also wouldn't surprise me to see them be Meltdown City tomorrow if they get down early.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
And again the announcers are all for Tennessee and can't believe they tossed the player. "If you follow the rule and toss anyone who argues balls and strikes, then you have to toss everybody." "I don't know what was said but nothing he said should have gotten him tossed"