NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Civil disobedience has a long and hallowed history in this country. I wonder if any aggrieved school ever disobeyed a waiver denial and played a player anyway. For example, what if Tech ignored the NCAA’s ruling and played Clayton in the Tech-Clemson game after the game was already decided? Suppose that Clemson was up 49 to 7 to start the 4th quarter and Clayton entered the game. If the sanctions were limited only to a “forfeit” of any game in which an ineligible player plays, so what? It would provide an exceptional platform to give national exposure to the arbitrary actions of the NCAA. It’s a nice day to daydream...

We would get the death penalty.

buzzn

Georgia Tech Fan
So I guess the precedent is - if you’re transferring from Michigan you get the request, but only on appeal? I’m happy for Sims, but this seems odd. Did the Harbaugh douche factor result in an across the board grant on appeal for ex-Wolverines?

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Clayton’s denial is criminal. Very happy for Miles Sims. Clayton has been totally screwed. He should have went to the media like Sims’ parents did. Instead he did the noble thing and took the high road on their initial denial and they railroaded him anyways.

I’ve said it and I’ll say it again. The NCAA approved big band kids to big name factories and throws in a few small programs (because they are irrelevant anyways) and screws over everyone in the middle.