NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
It is hard to tell these days......;)
But it wasn't directed at the poster I responded to....but to the poster @gt02 was responding to. Guess I could have made it more clear.......still need coffee this morning.
FWIW, Solomon's initial waiver was denied about a week before our guys, so his appeal was filed about a week before ours. IF our guys get waiver approvals, I can 100% see NCAA doing it next week sometime. SMH.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
VT got the shaft too. The player was a few miles out side of the NCAA approved radius or something. Other players get approval on thin excuses for hardship. The wildly inconsistent approval/denial for transfer waivers makes me think a lawsuit is coming soon. I say open everything up.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The transfer portal has increased the waiver request. Kids sign the LOI and then change their minds for whatever reason-usually lack of PT. Then not willing to sit a year. UNC has an Auburn transfer that had enrolled there in January and now has applied for a waiver. This has totally gotten out of hand. NCAA needs to change the policy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
VT just had a player denied his appeal as well. His house was 105 miles away from campus and his mothers cancer was in 2017 and she is recovering now. It's not just a GT thing to have players denied.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/coll...cle_c483726c-c8e3-11e9-954c-ab8dd860284c.html

Well please explain how you still think there is any consistency in what the NCAA has done and is doing? It’s pretty clear to me there is little consistency. The 100 mile radius garbage is pretty obviously garbage.

Schools need to leave the NCAA and start from scratch. Things have gotten so bad that no oversight at all would be just as good as the NCAA BS.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Schools need to leave the NCAA and start from scratch. Things have gotten so bad that no oversight at all would be just as good as the NCAA BS.

While emotionally I like that idea....what schools (or conference) will be the first to do that....and miss March Madness and every other "sanctioned" Championship as a result? Hint: NOT the ACC....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well please explain how you still think there is any consistency in what the NCAA has done and is doing? It’s pretty clear to me there is little consistency. The 100 mile radius garbage is pretty obviously garbage.

The fact that they are sticking to actual rules is the very measure of consistency. Still looking for a statistic, but I am a member of several sports groups and the common complaint from fans of all teams is that their transfers aren't getting immediate play waivers.

We can argue that the rules are arbitrary (105 miles vs 100 miles) and I'd agree with you. I am just pointing out that GT is not in a unique position.