NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What do we actually know about Clayton’s reasoning? Am I just out of the loop or we all just assuming he had a good case because people in the know claim so?

Not trying to defend the NCAA, it just feels like I am completely out of the loop here lol

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't believe for a second that one of you has the means and networking to find a lawyer that can fight this for Clayton. That is ridiculous!

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I don't believe for a second that one of you has the means and networking to find a lawyer that can fight this for Clayton. That is ridiculous!

While it would be nice if one of our boosters funded the lawyer for Clayton, I'm almost certain that that would land us in hot water with the NCAA on it's own merits...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Inconsistency may not constitute a conspiracy, but it sure does constitute incompetence.

I've yet to see inconsistency proven. Whenever there are exemptions to rules allowed, there is a certain level of "inconsistency" inherent in the process. If ONLY the major schools got the exceptions, there would be an argument. There is proof of exceptions at schools across the FBS landscape and proof of denials at major schools. MOST of the exceptions we discuss are blatantly obvious why they were exempted and a few might never be known due to privacy act, HIPAA, and other legal reasons.