NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't vote against a waiver after the publicity nightmare it caused.

and that sir is the sad point. This topic has more public nightmare associated with it than a waiver surrounding a dying family member. Thank you for that wonderful example. What happened to fields, while wrong, if that is grounds for waiver than anything as or more serious should be automatically.

the reality is this is all a fixed game and vegas put our O/U at 4. Over pays +140. That line was bet a lot. The plus 140 went down to plus 125 at one point.

there is no way 2 4 stars and 1 5 star get any waivers. Period

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No. There are guidelines. Our guys don't meet them. Clayton especially as his new school is not within 100 miles of his home.

Distances from Clayton's home:

GT: 136 miles
Auburn: 121 miles
FSU: 130 miles
Georgia Southern: 137 miles

Clayton is essentially being punished for being raised in the middle of nowhere. The only way he could get immediate eligibility is by transferring down to Valdosta State. I still have hope that the panel that handles the appeals will use some common sense.

Deleted member 2897

The NCAA can climb into the crotch of my running shorts on a 100F heat index day after a 10 mile run when I **** my pants. And they can eat all that **** up, lick my short liners clean, and kiss my *** repeatedly.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA can climb into the crotch of my running shorts on a 100F heat index day after a 10 mile run when I **** my pants. And they can eat all that **** up, lick my short liners clean, and kiss my *** repeatedly.

There's an image.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The logical conclusion from this line of reasoning is dangerous. It is what I believe for pro money sports (Football, basketball and baseball). Just about the money. Thus I don't follow them at all any more.

I'm hoping to resist a while longer in CFB. College baseball doesn't have the same money and thus has a different set of problems. So there is a lot more parity in college baseball than football or basketball.

basketball has been fixed for years in NCAA. decades...heck this goes back to the early 80s and Boston College. Is it rampant...no idea...but way too many officials over look things at big moments the turn outcomes of games....and they are never fired. Why? because it was part of their job. Period. its fixed.

Football, its influenced on other ways too....you can't point shave so to speak as easily. But how scheduling is done, the need for injury reports, officiating, etc I believe they are working their way in and have...

GT99

Georgia Tech Fan
If they had taken the Justin Fields track they’d be eligible. Stand up quote from Clayton defending the NCAA. Shows class even while others are rewarded for gaming the system.

Absolutely no disrespect to Clayton, but that is almost certainly a coached response (and that's a good thing). Our staff knows that negative responses probably hurt any appeals chance. If Clayton did say that without a coach/staff member telling him "hey, make sure anything you say publicly is positive," then kudos. I certainly wouldn't have at that age. You know he's pissed, and rightfully so.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Clayton is essentially being punished for being raised in the middle of nowhere. The only way he could get immediate eligibility is by transferring down to Valdosta State. I still have hope that the panel that handles the appeals will use some common sense.

And this is why he would probably take the NCAA to the cleaners if he chooses to seek civil remedy in court.

100 miles is arbitrary as hell and should only be used as a guideline with context.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Stop there. Right the wrong. The NCAA did. While the rest of the waivers may be debated against each other, Fields had documented proof of a wrong perpetrated against him. If he had transferred to GT you'd best believe this board would have an entirely different interpretation of this issue.

It seems to be that he is saying the decision to grant the waiver for him was based on a standard which should, by logic, extend to the end of life sickness / death of an immediate family member.

Not advocating that fields didn’t deserve the waiver, just saying Clayton did as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Stop there. Right the wrong. The NCAA did. While the rest of the waivers may be debated against each other, Fields had documented proof of a wrong perpetrated against him. If he had transferred to GT you'd best believe this board would have an entirely different interpretation of this issue.

I got no problem with Fields' waiver. Whether that instance actually hurt him may seem questionable to some but no one is going to tell him that it, for sure, didn't. Martell's is a head scratcher.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Doesn't that make Georgia State : 135 miles
Ft. Valley State and Albany State are other Div 2 schools that might be closer than Valdosta State and Mercer is Div 1 - FCS, but that doesn't matter because I thought if you transfer down then you get immediately eligibility no matter where the school is located, correct?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Come on. Did uga fail to address this incident usesd by Fields to garner an exemption? No. Did uga foster an environment of racism that led to this isolated incident? No. So your take on it is weak imo and Fields should have absolutely not been granted his exemption.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't that make Georgia State : 135 miles
Ft. Valley State and Albany State are other Div 2 schools that might be closer than Valdosta State and Mercer is Div 1 - FCS, but that doesn't matter because I thought if you transfer down then you get immediately eligibility no matter where the school is located, correct?

Yeah. That is right.

Deleted member 2897

This just proves we here are not real fans. If we were, one of us would have stepped up and taken one for the team, put on a jersey from their old school, and accosted them on the street verbally abusing them.