NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

Milwaukee

Banned
you see the path right?

ensure all the big name factory waivers get approved ASAP. After that first wave, reject essentially everyone else not a factory so that the published statistic of waivers approved looks low and balanced and discourages transfers going fwd.

its all fake. Its all a BS fake game. All the way down to gambling and vegas influences. GT is small potatoes with no national impact

OSU. Miami. Michigan. Bama etc whoever...catered to. IIWII

Bill King in Nashville touched on it last week, particularly this part: “due to documented extenuating, extraordinary and mitigating circumstances outside of the student-athlete's control.”

He ranted about how the large schools, particularly the SEC schools, are taking advantage of this loophole and they're abusing it. He then said everyone not using this loophole should be. All you have to do is fabricate something that offends you and the pc police will grant you the waiver. He was very pissed about the whole thing but I agree with him 100% about everyone should just do it. Why the hell wouldn't you, why the hell didn't we? The NCAA needs to be sued by the 100 schools that aren't factories.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Bill King in Nashville touched on it last week, particularly this part: “due to documented extenuating, extraordinary and mitigating circumstances outside of the student-athlete's control.”

He ranted about how the large schools, particularly the SEC schools, are taking advantage of this loophole and they're abusing it. He then said everyone not using this loophole should be. All you have to do is fabricate something that offends you and the pc police will grant you the waiver. He was very pissed about the whole thing but I agree with him 100% about everyone should just do it. Why the hell wouldn't you, why the hell didn't we? The NCAA needs to be sued by the 100 schools that aren't factories.

Dude, I'd throw absolutely everything at them and see what sticks. Write a Greek tragedy for them about my experience at my previous school.

Last edited:

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Tech needs to figure out how to scam this broken system like the other schools do. If it is Greek tragedies or something from the pc police. The athletic department needs to figure this out and fast. Get the appeals approved. Is this another one of the instances where Tech is not spending enough money on the folks that are handling this or not paying enough under the table?

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
you see the path right?

ensure all the big name factory waivers get approved ASAP. After that first wave, reject essentially everyone else not a factory so that the published statistic of waivers approved looks low and balanced and discourages transfers going fwd.

its all fake. Its all a BS fake game. All the way down to gambling and vegas influences. GT is small potatoes with no national impact

Except that Georgia Southern had a waiver granted today...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
you see the path right?

Someone needs to explain how Tathan Martell transfers to UM because he knew he wasn't beating out Justin Fields (hey, how'd that work out?!) and gets immdediate eligibility.

Also explain how Justin Fields transfers to OSU under the guise of "not being able to pursue baseball at UGA due to a racial tweet by a baseball player"...yet isn't playing baseball or pursuing it at OSU?!

What GT needs is a loudmouth lawyer that gives ZERO f$cks about making the NCAA look like buffoons, because apparently that's the only thing they respond to these days.

F you NCAA.

The NCAA does not need the assistance of "a loudmouth lawyer that gives ZERO..." to make them look like "buffoons". They are quite capable of doing that all by their lonesome. A truly despicable organization.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Except that Georgia Southern had a waiver granted today...

And the point is? Does that somehow dispell the notion of rejecting essentially everyone after the first wave of factory acceptances? Essentially being the key word. No one is paying mucb attention to bones thrown to other 5 schools. And when they do that they can say see we treat everyone fair. Guess they got ya too.

Its a joke. Its all rigged right down to just short of fixing games. Just look at our scheduling within the acc under cpj. U dont think its rigged? Or vegas has influence?

They just put the o under for tech at 4 games. There is no way on gods green earth that vegas and the ncaa will allow 3 bigtime game changers on our squad this year. Zero. Over 4 is paying out +140. U add a 5 star de and 4 star wr that could be good for 1 win.

Gotta open eyes to see it. Its all rigged as much as possible. Its a sham

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me a basis for appeal would be that they changed the rules after these young men entered the portal. I think a lawyer could work with that, but what do I know?
That’s the point I take from the article. Why aren’t these guys grandfathered into the old ruling. It’s like playing a game with a 5 year old where they continue to change the rules to benefit themselves.

Some of these players would not have transferred if they knew the rules would be stiffened. So dumb!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me a basis for appeal would be that they changed the rules after these young men entered the portal. I think a lawyer could work with that, but what do I know?

I'm pretty sure that they view it as a clarification of rule already in place rather than an actual new set of rules.

The problem with the argument that they entered the portals before the new "rules" and wouldn't have transferred in the current situation is that the idea behind a waiver is that there are non football related reasons that caused the transfer (being closer to a sick parent, etc). By arguing that you wouldn't have transferred had you known about the new rules is basically admitting that you didn't transfer for one of the reasons the old waivers would be granted for so even if evaluated under old reasons they would be denied.

I think a slightly adjusted argument would be to find someone who they granted a waiver to this year and argue their situation wasn't materially different and argue that not granting our player a waiver while granting the other one violates some sort of fairness clause. If they then argue that the difference is due to the clarification then you make the argument, not that the player wouldn't have transferred with the new rules, but that the school wouldn't have taken them with the new rules, and thus the old standards should be used because we accepted them under the old guidelines. I might be wrong but something like that would seem better than basically admitting you only transferred because you though you could be immediately eligible.

Also, regardless, I would imagine Sims and Ezzard will have stronger cases along this line than Allen due to Allen deciding to transfer so late.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Haha, about the transfers. I called him a pessimist. I am sure he hates to have been right on this one, though.

As to the unis, they looked and still kinda look blue to me. lol

Don't get me wrong. I want both of them, and Ezzard, eligible right away. I just know how this works and I have rarely seen cases like these granted waivers.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Justin Fields played in all 13 games for UGA as a true freshman, right? He was in on the fake punt against Bama in the SEC title game, yes (the 13th game)?

So a guy who played in all 13 games is immediately eligible to be the starter at tOSU as a freshman transfer?

Meanwhile, the guy who wants to move closer to home to play in front of his dying grandfather is denied? And wasn't he like a long snapper or something rarely-used?

Fields will be a Soph at tOSU and is immediately eligible because of a racist comment made to him by a uga baseball player. He was granted a waiver almost immediately.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Fields will be a Soph at tOSU and is immediately eligible because of a racist comment made to him by a uga baseball player. He was granted a waiver almost immediately.

thats right. Because today, words yelled from the stands (while vile, demeaning and disgusting) by a drunk neck that he may or may not of even heard are more severe than death. didn't you know that? Afterall, that incident for fields will live with him far more than a family member death. Come on people Woke up

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
you see the path right?

The logical conclusion from this line of reasoning is dangerous. It is what I believe for pro money sports (Football, basketball and baseball). Just about the money. Thus I don't follow them at all any more.

I'm hoping to resist a while longer in CFB. College baseball doesn't have the same money and thus has a different set of problems. So there is a lot more parity in college baseball than football or basketball.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
thats right. Because today, words yelled from the stands (while vile, demeaning and disgusting) by a drunk neck that he may or may not of even heard are more severe than death. didn't you know that? Afterall, that incident for fields will live with him far more than a family member death. Come on people Woke up

Whether you agree with it or not, the fact remains that a representative of the institution (scholarship baseball player) made public derogatory comments about Fields. Those comments have repercussions. I also think it was way overblown, but I wouldn't vote against a waiver after the publicity nightmare it caused.