NCAA denies waivers for Clayton, Ezzard; Sims granted immediate eligibility

Haha, about the transfers. I called him a pessimist. I am sure he hates to have been right on this one, though.

As to the unis, they looked and still kinda look blue to me. lol
Oh, that's right. I lost track of which thread this was....LOL Yeah, I'm sure he hates to have been right on this too, but I don't think anybody is really all that surprised by it.

The close up photos in the kids' ward look gray to me.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Justin Fields played in all 13 games for UGA as a true freshman, right? He was in on the fake punt against Bama in the SEC title game, yes (the 13th game)?

Not sure about the rest, but playing in the 13th game doesn't mean he played in all 13 games. The NCAA changed the rules, I think before last year, to allow 4 games and keep a redshirt regardless of when those 4 games were. So it didn't have to be just at the beginning.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure about the rest, but playing in the 13th game doesn't mean he played in all 13 games. The NCAA changed the rules, I think before last year, to allow 4 games and keep a redshirt regardless of when those 4 games were. So it didn't have to be just at the beginning.

I realize that, but I'm pretty sure he *did* play in all 13 games.

In fact, a quick check shows that he played in TWELVE games. Looks like he missed a game in October-ish after they got pounded by LSU.

So ... a guy plays in 12 games ... has significant stats in 8 of them ... and still gets to transfer with no 1 year sit-out?

[edit]
I looked up that "other guy" who transferred and had to sit out. He was a TE that went from UGA to Illinois to be closer to his grandpa who's sick. His grandpa lives 109 miles away from the Illinois campus. The NCAA has a 100-mile radius rule if you want to transfer without a penalty. So ... because he's 9 miles over the limit ... NO WAIVER FOR YOU! SIT ONE YEAR!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I realize that, but I'm pretty sure he *did* play in all 13 games.

In fact, a quick check shows that he played in TWELVE games. Looks like he missed a game in October-ish after they got pounded by LSU.

So ... a guy plays in 12 games ... has significant stats in 8 of them ... and still gets to transfer with no 1 year sit-out?

[edit]
I looked up that "other guy" who transferred and had to sit out. He was a TE that went from UGA to Illinois to be closer to his grandpa who's sick. His grandpa lives 109 miles away from the Illinois campus. The NCAA has a 100-mile radius rule if you want to transfer without a penalty. So ... because he's 9 miles over the limit ... NO WAIVER FOR YOU! SIT ONE YEAR!

Clayton is 20 miles over. But there are no D1 schools in that radius and GT is, in fact, the closest.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Someone needs to explain how Tathan Martell transfers to UM because he knew he wasn't beating out Justin Fields (hey, how'd that work out?!) and gets immdediate eligibility.

Also explain how Justin Fields transfers to OSU under the guise of "not being able to pursue baseball at UGA due to a racial tweet by a baseball player"...yet isn't playing baseball or pursuing it at OSU?!

What GT needs is a loudmouth lawyer that gives ZERO f$cks about making the NCAA look like buffoons, because apparently that's the only thing they respond to these days.

F you NCAA.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Clayton is 20 miles over. But there are no D1 schools in that radius and GT is, in fact, the closest.

Not that it matters, but I think Auburn might actually be about 10 miles closer to Vienna than Atlanta. Tallahassee is as well. Both are still around 120 miles.

I would like to see written statements of who is being denied and the exact reasoning for each case. Martell makes zero sense. His new coach was already on staff. Why is Ezzard being punished for essentially the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Not that it matters, but I think Auburn might actually be about 10 miles closer to Vienna than Atlanta. Tallahassee is as well. Both are still around 120 miles.

I would like to see written statements of who is being denied and the exact reasoning for each case. Martell makes zero sense. His new coach was already on staff. Why is Ezzard being punished for essentially the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked it up once and I believe both were about 10 miles farther. Vienna is no mans land.