@NC State

If we play 3 games, how many do you expect we'll win?

Votes: 7 24.1%

Votes: 18 62.1%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At the end of the day, we are in second to last place in the ACC at -3 to 500. So there is a lot of troll material.

We played better baseball than we have been, but it just isn't good enough. And we aren't relevant in the ACC.

I'll be in the mountains of Peru and thankfully out of all contact for the Miami and FSU series. If we end up at -3 after those two series, it'll meet my expectations.

Maybe we win all 6 or maybe we lose all 6. Nothing we can do about it. Namaste.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
"Very well said @FredJacket. I like Hall, he is a great person and has done a lot for our program. I'm a Hall supporter. I do think that he is still a good coach and is capable of winning a NC here. With that being said, I recognize that we are on a downward spiral and a change probably needs to be made (maybe not at the end of this year or the next, but definitely after his extension is up). Like @FredJacket, I'm going to support whoever the coach is and I'm going to want whoever it is to succeed here because I love Tech baseball. It really bothers me that some of y'all want him to fail just for the sake of getting him gone."

That extension shouldn't have been given anyway. The interim goof that gave it pretty much screwed Stansbury right as he was coming in. Just another gaffe in a thousand our AA has made the last decade.
I agree with that, but as with football, he had to give Hall some kind of extension for recruiting purposes. He wasn't going to hire anybody new for the position.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If you do not watch our games, all are available on ESPN Watch, and only know that we lost, please shut up with your negative comments. This team has lost 3 ACC games that by all measures they deserved to win. They could have been 6-3 instead of 3-6. We are much better than last year and only lose two members of our starting line up this year.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
What really hurts about this weekend is not that we lost 2 of 3 to a top 10 team, but the way we lost!! W hen you have a chance to take 2 of 3, or even sweep a top 10 team on the road you must be GOOD!!!! Now I watched none of the games live, and followed on GT so I can only speak on what I've read, or my take from the box score of the games. Game 2 seems we didn't make the plays needed in the field to finish the game. Game 3 our bullpen can't close the game out. Either way we missed a chance to make a statement this weekend, and build some MO going forward. The thing is this team was in a position to do more than I, or most of you could have hoped for this weekend. I voted 1 win this weekend, and that was more hope than expectation. The fact that we were so close to doing more keeps my hopes alive. At the end of the day we are what our record says we are, but as a fan I keep looking for what we can be. This season is fast approaching a tipping point, hope this weekend wasn't it.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We are much better than last year and only lose two members of our starting line up this year.
This is what has me so excited about the future. No matter who the coach is next year, we will have a lot of experienced, proven talent. Also, we will more than likely return all 4 of the starting pitchers ( English is the only one to worry about) and a 5th starter option in Chapman.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day, we are in second to last place in the ACC at -3 to 500. So there is a lot of troll material.

We played better baseball than we have been, but it just isn't good enough. And we aren't relevant in the ACC.

I'll be in the mountains of Peru and thankfully out of all contact for the Miami and FSU series. If we end up at -3 after those two series, it'll meet my expectations.

Maybe we win all 6 or maybe we lose all 6. Nothing we can do about it. Namaste.
Have a great trip! Hopefully, you'll return to a more better baseball situation. Be safe.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Don’t forget, our Junior class was a TOP 10 recruiting class in the nation and we are 13-11 right now!!!!! Imagine if that happened in football or basketball.
To be fair, Hughes was derailed by injury and English is just getting back into the groove. Also, I believe that the top player for that class was drafted and signed. Your point is well taken though and this should have been the year that they produced.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair, Hughes was derailed by injury and English is just getting back into the groove. Also, I believe that the top player for that class was drafted and signed. Your point is well taken though and this should have been the year that they produced.

I understand, but we’ve already used the injury excuse for the past 6 years. We should have enough depth to replace those guys. This is Atlanta!!!! I could drive 30 minutes in any direction and find some of the best players in the country.Look at the sec right now. Florida vandy, LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina they lose top pitchers/players every year to the draft and they are still making it supers/ cws. While we’re over here barely making into the acc tournament. Academics aren’t an excuse for this sport, just ask vandy.

Deleted member 2897

Women's tennis says "hi"!!

Women's Tennis says hi.
Women's Basketball says hi. (another 20 win season)
Women's Softball says hi (19-11 currently)
I'd also point out that football wasn't in the bottom third. We finished tied for 5th in the ACC.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Women's Tennis says hi.
Women's Basketball says hi. (another 20 win season)
Women's Softball says hi (19-11 currently)
I'd also point out that football wasn't in the bottom third. We finished tied for 5th in the ACC.
GO TECH LADIES!!! Woo-hoo!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I understand, but we’ve already used the injury excuse for the past 6 years. We should have enough depth to replace those guys. This is Atlanta!!!! I could drive 30 minutes in any direction and find some of the best players in the country.Look at the sec right now. Florida vandy, LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina they lose top pitchers/players every year to the draft and they are still making it supers/ cws. While we’re over here barely making into the acc tournament. Academics aren’t an excuse for this sport, just ask vandy.
Vandy vs GT is a totally invalid comparison. Vandy has a lot more majors than GT and a lot less math and science requirements.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Vandy also has a need based endowment that allows them to give what amounts to a full ride. Works really well for them in the sports that operate with partials.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Vandy vs GT is a totally invalid comparison. Vandy has a lot more majors than GT and a lot less math and science requirements.

I never compared them. I simply stated that academics aren’t an issue like we have with other sports. I said Vanderbilt because they great academics/baseball like tech. I could have also added unc and Virginia, but didn’t.