@NC State

If we play 3 games, how many do you expect we'll win?

Votes: 7 24.1%

Votes: 18 62.1%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
This is just sad. We are 13-11! Looks like we wont going to the tournament for the second straight year. What a joke!! Fire Danny Hall!!

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
With our next hire we need to go get a pitching coach. We need someone who can develop a pitching staff. This isn’t 2005 anymore where we can hit 5 homeruns a game. That’s where Danny Hall never adjusted. BBCOR bats destroyed his program!!!!!

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Really hope the team can bounce back from this. Hope this team can finish with an overall winning record after last years first losing record in ages. Back to back losing seasons would be like pouring salt in an open wound of hope. Losing high expectations is one thing, losing hope is an altogether different thing.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Does anybody have any knowledge of what is up with Micah Carpenter? I know he was hurt at the beginning of the year, but he should be over the collarbone injury. We need him to perform like he did last year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm taking Tristin's word for it. Stay tuned... the Jackets will be "burying" some teams here in the near future. They need to...

I know that today was rough and we should have won a huge series against the #6 team in the country, but I am very encouraged by what I saw this weekend. The pitching, except for Datoc and Gibson, was phenomenal against an excellent offense. We need 2 more pitchers to step up in the pen and I think that we'll surprise a lot of people the rest of the year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just another one of our teams in the bottom third of the ACC. Pitt is the only program worse than us. This is downright pathetic. Is our golf team the only consistent competitive team we have anymore.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
Just another one of our teams in the bottom third of the ACC. Pitt is the only program worse than us. This is downright pathetic. Is our golf team the only consistent competitive team we have anymore.
As ESPN radio said today - Due to conference expansion, GT which was once home to great programs is now a bottom feeder in the ACC. I'm not sure I can argue with that.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Let's maintain some perspective... please. I'm asking.

1) The 2018 version of Ga Tech baseball is better than 2017. That may not be saying much on its face. But everything points to that conclusion. So...marginally better or significantly? I don't know... yet.
2) Is this team assembled to be a regional host or 40 game winner? No.
3) It is NOT the 13th best "program" in the ACC. It is higher than that. My number is in the 7-10 range. IIWII.
4) Bottom 3rd? Well... entirely too early to say that. They've played perhaps the best 2 teams in the conference on the road already. As a golf guy... that's similar to declaring the field settled after 1.33 rounds of a 4 round tournament.
4) Ga Tech (after 2 difficult road series thru 3 weeks is within 1 game of half the conference. & within 2 games of 11 teams.
5) Plenty of time to right the ship. It is a hole they are in... it isn't good. But not as bad as it looks... just staring at where they are in standings.

GTfan1977

Banned
Let's maintain some perspective... please. I'm asking.

1) The 2018 version of Ga Tech baseball is better than 2017. That may not be saying much on its face. But everything points to that conclusion. So...marginally better or significantly? I don't know... yet.
2) Is this team assembled to be a regional host or 40 game winner? No.
3) It is NOT the 13th best "program" in the ACC. It is higher than that. My number is in the 7-10 range. IIWII.
4) Bottom 3rd? Well... entirely too early to say that. They've played perhaps the best 2 teams in the conference on the road already. As a golf guy... that's similar to declaring the field settled after 1.33 rounds of a 4 round tournament.
4) Ga Tech (after 2 difficult road series thru 3 weeks is within 1 game of half the conference. & within 2 games of 11 teams.
5) Plenty of time to right the ship. It is a hole they are in... it isn't good. But not as bad as it looks... just staring at where they are in standings.

The delusional and eternal Danny Hall supporter...... you can keep your soap box speech that’s built on a house of cards to yourself. The rest of us live in reality and know this team will amount to squat and has no chance of winning a regional and prob won’t even it make it to post season.....and yes GT is in the bottom third of the ACC in baseball as well as basketball and football

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's so depressing to be arguing semantics over whether we're better than last year- which was our first losing season since well before I was born. It's even more depressing considering we've had the chance over the past 5 years to completely establish ourselves as the premier baseball program in the state. UGA has been putrid recently.

Instead, an ACC winning season certainly isn't in the cards, and our neighbors in Athens got their first SEC sweep since 2015 and are 18-6 (5-1 SEC). Mercer has been to as many regionals as we have since 2015. KSU went to the CWS in 2014. We've squandered so much: the ceiling for GT baseball is a national championship, but instead we're worried about making the ACC tournament.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The delusional and eternal Danny Hall supporter...... you can keep your soap box speech that’s built on a house of cards to yourself. The rest of us live in reality and know this team will amount to squat and has no chance of winning a regional and prob won’t even it make it to post season.....and yes GT is in the bottom third of the ACC in baseball as well as basketball and football
Lighten up, Francis. If you pay much attention, I wear my delusion regarding GT baseball as a badge of honor. I like it that way. I'm happier (in general).... that way... you're helping in that regard too. As for CDH... definitely not an "eternal" supporter.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"As for CDH... definitely not an "eternal" supporter."

Hmm....yeah, ok, so what would it take for you to actually say it's time for a change in leadership?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
"As for CDH... definitely not an "eternal" supporter."

Hmm....yeah, ok, so what would it take for you to actually say it's time for a change in leadership?
It's time now...past time. He's done a ton for the program. I like and respect that. I was thrilled to see him get 1000 wins in less than 25 years. Quite an accomplishment. I simply don't dwell on Hall's status. I find it a total waste of my emotional energy. I like GT baseball. If he coaches another 25 years, I will like it the same. This team is going to finish this season with him as the HC. I want them to succeed...now (as I'm sure you do).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's time now...past time. He's done a ton for the program. I like and respect that. I was thrilled to see him get 1000 wins in less than 25 years. Quite an accomplishment. I simply don't dwell on Hall's status. I find it a total waste of my emotional energy. I like GT baseball. If he coaches another 25 years, I will like it the same. This team is going to finish this season with him as the HC. I want them to succeed...now (as I'm sure you do).
Very well said @FredJacket. I like Hall, he is a great person and has done a lot for our program. I'm a Hall supporter. I do think that he is still a good coach and is capable of winning a NC here. With that being said, I recognize that we are on a downward spiral and a change probably needs to be made (maybe not at the end of this year or the next, but definitely after his extension is up). Like @FredJacket, I'm going to support whoever the coach is and I'm going to want whoever it is to succeed here because I love Tech baseball. It really bothers me that some of y'all want him to fail just for the sake of getting him gone.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Danny Hall is CEO of a baseball program and makes a very good salary doing so. If I am paying this man or I am a stockholder in his company, I expect him to perform at a certain level. Diminishing returns the last 6 years indicate a change is way overdue, irregardless of what else he has done over his career. No coach has the right to drive a program into the ground. A true man with conscience would stand up, admit he is not getting the job done, and gracefully turn the reigns over to some one else. This is the right & just thing to do. As I have said many times, this is not going to happen & Hall will retire on his own terms. I only wish in my career I had one job where I consistently underperformed and was still employed because I was a "hall of fame" employee who had a long and distinguished career with the company. Unfortunately, we all know this is pure fantasy, but one in which Hall is currently living.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"Very well said @FredJacket. I like Hall, he is a great person and has done a lot for our program. I'm a Hall supporter. I do think that he is still a good coach and is capable of winning a NC here. With that being said, I recognize that we are on a downward spiral and a change probably needs to be made (maybe not at the end of this year or the next, but definitely after his extension is up). Like @FredJacket, I'm going to support whoever the coach is and I'm going to want whoever it is to succeed here because I love Tech baseball. It really bothers me that some of y'all want him to fail just for the sake of getting him gone."

That extension shouldn't have been given anyway. The interim goof that gave it pretty much screwed Stansbury right as he was coming in. Just another gaffe in a thousand our AA has made the last decade.