@NC State

If we play 3 games, how many do you expect we'll win?

Votes: 7 24.1%

Votes: 18 62.1%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
True, Connor has pitched really well. At 98 pitches he's done. 5 SO 1 walk. It's the fortunate hits - 9 total - that we got in the first game that killed us, along with Serratos at 3rd not making great plays when we need them. We need some runs in 6th or 7th to make it a game down 5-0.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Austin Wilhite with an 11 pitch walk. First and second with no outs in T 7th.

Can lightning strike twice? Down 5-0.

Update; Nope, Pop out and 2 SO. Don't think we're going to win this one.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's morning. I'm still having a hard time letting go of that 5th inning in Game 2 last night. Who knows how game would have gone from there had NC State been held scoreless... as they should have. All 5 runs earned too...salt in wound & A travesty for Thomas. A bunch of playable infield hits. Bobbled sac bunt beat out for a hit. A double clutched turn of a sure DP.

It's our turn to get a win that way. I suppose you could say that was Game 1... NC State played poorly. But I call that a beat down. We have money in the bank of the baseball gods.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It's morning. I'm still having a hard time letting go of that 5th inning in Game 2 last night. Who knows how game would have gone from there had NC State been held scoreless... as they should have. All 5 runs earned too...salt in wound & A travesty for Thomas. A bunch of playable infield hits. Bobbled sac bunt beat out for a hit. A double clutched turn of a sure DP.

It's our turn to get a win that way. I suppose you could say that was Game 1... NC State played poorly. But I call that a beat down. We have money in the bank of the baseball gods.
I'm still a little salty about it too, but man, it seems that the team has turned a mental corner to me. At Clemson and at Auburn it seemed like they thought that "we can't beat good teams" after losing that 1st game to Clemson. Now, it seems like they have some confidence that they can play with the high ranked teams and that can go a long way for a young team. It's also nice to have 4 legitimate starters for once in Curry, Thomas, English, and Hurter.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bailey? Any idea what's going on there? All I know is what's in box score. He walked in 9th. Went 1st to 3rd on a double. Then was replaced with a pinch runner.

He's a HUGE loss...in many ways. defense, offense, & leadership (in the infield particularly).

Agree. I think we win the second game on Friday with Bailey playing. Serratos had a lot more problems than Waddell at third. But that's to be expected since Serratos hadn't been getting the in-field reps.

Every ACC game is massive till we are comfortably over 500. And I don't see that happening this year. Right now at -2, there is only one team worse and that's Pitt at -4. So we are well out of the NCAA hunt unless we 1) don't get swept again and 2) win most of our series. Starting today!

Now I'll go back to my "now" emphasis and enjoy as much of the game as I can today. It's about 47F w 10 mph NE winds in Durham now and getting to a high of 53F. Being sunny, that won't be too bad. (At least not here in my house working on shower grout.)

UPDATE: Wade Bailey in line-up!!! Had a "nagging" injury according to WREK.

Last edited:

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting lineup today: Murray, Bart, McCann, English (also pitching), Bailey are the first 5 in the batting order.

Of course in the second inning, English reaches on an infield single and Bailey comes up with 1 on, no out, and SHOWS BUNT. Of course as I type this, Colin Hall loads the bases up on an infield bunt single, but still.... sometimes you gotta let your hitters swing the bat.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Bombs away in the bottom of the 8th for the Pack. Now 9 - 5 NC State. Bullpen absolutely atrocious. Feel bad for English & the other starters knowing what they have coming in behind them.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Bombs away in the bottom of the 8th for the Pack. Now 9 - 5 NC State. Bullpen absolutely atrocious. Feel bad for English & the other starters knowing what they have coming in behind them.
Exactly. We have 4 starters who I feel can put us in a position to win the game. In the bullpen though, the only one I trust now is Archer and Chapman is working his way in there after his last couple of outings.