@NC State

If we play 3 games, how many do you expect we'll win?

Votes: 7 24.1%

Votes: 18 62.1%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Here is the problem with Curry. He has had this problem for as long as I can remember, all the way back to 14U travel ball. In the first inning, he usually throws nothing but fastballs. Always has. Good hitters and coaches know this. They just sit dead red. There is no movement on this fastball as well. Have watched this kid since he was 6 years old. Great competitor & athlete. If he could ever develop a a change up and/or have control of his curve ball, he could be really good. I really see him as a long middle reliever, not a starter. The kids bat should really be in the lineup as well. He is a .300 hitter at the D1 level if he plays every day. We are really wasting his talent IMHO. Kid might be best athlete on team, just not convinced he is best used as a starting pitcher.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
dawgbasher, you have been reading my mind. I didn't see him before he got to GT, but you are right on the money since he got here. The kid needs to develop a change , slider , or curve as an out pitch, or play a field position everyday . You can't have a starter who throws 100 pitches by the 5th inning.

Deleted member 2897

7-0 Georgia Tech B7. 9 outs from glory!

giphy.gif

Deleted member 2897

7-1 Georgia Tech B8. 6 outs from glory!

X Curry pulled after 7 full STRONG innings pitched. Only 1 run off 4 hits (Gibson gave it up in relief in the 8th). 118 FREAKING PITCHES. A-N-I-M-A-L.

giphy.gif

EDIT: 1 runner walked, 2 outs...FOUR OUTS from glory, B8, still 7-1.

EDIT #2: dag nabbit. 2 outs, nobody on. Now 2 straight walks on only 9 pitches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 2897

Holy crap. Gibson walked 2 on 9 pitches after getting 2 outs, and then the next batter went to 3-1. Jeez. Then a strike and 3 straight fouled balls later and he struck him out to strand the runners.

3 OUTS FROM GLORY. T9, good guys up 7-1 with one last chance for some insurance runs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow. I started hiking at 3 and was afraid to stop. Had to stop for beer!!

First off, second top 10 team to beat this week (assuming we hold on).

Second, Curry had fast ball, breaking ball and curve ball I thought Nick Sheenan (sic) called out. How many pitches does Curry have command of. Today's performance is one for the records!!!! Better than anyone since before Farmer I thought I heard.

11-1, no reason for Datoc!!

Damn this is great.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Wow. I started hiking at 3 and was afraid to stop. Had to stop for beer!!

First off, second top 10 team to beat this week (assuming we hold on).

Second, Curry had fast ball, breaking ball and curve ball I thought Nick Sheenan (sic) called out. How many pitches does Curry have command of. Today's performance is one for the records!!!! Better than anyone since before Farmer I thought I heard.

11-1, no reason for Datoc!!

Damn this is great.

Yea, Curry had something ridiculous like 11 strikes. He had MLB stuff today.

13 to 1. I'd love to roll over some runs like I can rollover data on Verizon!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wulp, we ain’t gonna be swept!

No kidding, playing with house money now!! This is going to be a great night!

Curry gives us hope for ANY ACC game. 118 pitches, 79 strikes. 67% strikes. That's how you get 11 SOs and only 3 walks and 4 hits. This was his breakout game IMHO. Again, how many different pitches did he throw?

We scored 13 runs and left 6 on base. NC State scored 4 runs and left 9 on base; gotta thank them for the 3 errors. Helped out the early lead.

So other than hit, pitch great and no errors, we didn't do too bad.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
No kidding, playing with house money now!! This is going to be a great night!

Curry gives us hope for ANY ACC game. 118 pitches, 79 strikes. 67% strikes. That's how you get 11 SOs and only 3 walks and 4 hits. This was his breakout game IMHO. Again, how many different pitches did he throw?

We scored 13 runs and left 6 on base. NC State scored 4 runs and left 9 on base; gotta thank them for the 3 errors. Helped out the early lead.

So other than hit, pitch great and no errors, we didn't do too bad.
Also, 2 of the walks were when he started to wear down.