NC State Postgame

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Small sized 3 star receivers such as king, McCollum, Boyd, Rutherford aren’t going to be a big time threat due to small size and physical traits, those guys are smaller slot speedster types. We already have one of those type of receivers in brown. We’re lacking a big physical receiver next to AB and it really shows at times.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
After seeing the number of guys out for this game, I expected us to get rolled. I'm proud of the way the D played. Kennard and Ivey were disruptive. The corners were in good position when they played man. We got screwed on a number of DPI and at least one of their big pass plays included and egregious hold. However, I would love for our receivers to bail out the QB as much as State's did today. They made some great catches.

The offense was hot and cold. The offense is alot more effective when they utilize Sims' ability to run. The pass blocking was not great. Apparently our receivers (besides Sanders) weren't putting in much effort on their routes. Overall, pretty disappointing performance.

I miss Gibbs already. There's not nearly the excitement when he's off the field.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This game illustrates the importance of playmakers. Gibbs was missed big time.
Ahmarreon Brown and Dominick play we win. If we had Gibbs too we win big. We would’ve punched it in WAY. earlier on those long drives with those 2 guys.

Dominick would’ve hurried, pressured sacked a few times and probably would’ve helped force a TO at some point.

Next year is our coming out party. This year is pretty much what I expected.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
To me it seemed like Sims was holding the ball too much, especially early. And seemed to make a lot of bad reads too. Like 3/4ers of the plays early on we’re just busts.
It’s called going through your progressions, which he didn’t have time to do.
Looks at Mason’s totals makes me question the bad reads. Though I’d like to see more keeps. He had 93 yards rushing.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Getting 13 pts vs ncs with 400+ yds is not good enough.
That is on Coach P.
After we get to 13-20 and make them kick to us.From our 15 we run left for nothing, we pass long left for nothing, and roll and pass left for 5 yds on 3rd down .Sims is a RIGHT handed guy.He should be going RIGHT on most plays esp down deep.UNINSPIRED play calling.WE just see the results there and it wasn't good.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When will ppl understand that Pnut isn’t the problem?!
Maybe if we go undefeated with 2 national titles and a heisman winner because apparently that’s what it takes.
I’m joking but in reality there’s many problems and the coach is the easy common denominator. In reality even the best coach can’t overcome a huge number of problems. I’m impressed with what these coaches have been able to do in such a short span and how the players have clearly bought into the system.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
Smith like the pass to Carter, like the pass to Devaney, like the pass to Nate, should have been caught.

States guys made plays.
Receivers did have a few drops that didn’t help out sims. I don’t really blame smith on the last drop. That pass had some heat on it but you have to make plays to win a game.

Deleted member 2897

You have the ROY candidate literally as your starting qb and this what GT fan come with. GT fans are the worse.

Don’t get butt hurt because some people think Sims didn’t play well most of the first half. Remember he started 1 of 6 and had multiple fumbles. IIWII

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Calling Sims play putrid is absurd. He accounted for 240 yards with no turnovers. No he didn't play perfect but he made quite a few plays as well. The reality with a true freshman QB is you need the team around him to make some plays to take the pressure off him. The running backs did that for the most part but the receivers outside of Sanders didn't. There were several plays where the receiver could have caught the ball and made a play but didn't. No they wouldn't have been the easiest plays but they were catchable balls. That was the biggest difference in the play of the two teams. NCSU revivers made the tough catches that our didn't. The fade to the endzone, the 3rd down pass to the TE. The 4th down pass late. The, I believe it was 1st down, pass to Carter that wouldn't even have been hard. Those are off the top of my head and I'm pretty sure there were one or two others as well. If those are caught then you're looking at over 200 yards passing and over 100 yards rushing with no turnovers and likely 2 or 3 TDs to boot. But people forget the passing game also includes the blocking, route running, and catching aspects.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ahmarreon Brown and Dominick play we win. If we had Gibbs too we win big. We would’ve punched it in WAY. earlier on those long drives with those 2 guys.

Dominick would’ve hurried, pressured sacked a few times and probably would’ve helped force a TO at some point.

Next year is our coming out party. This year is pretty much what I expected.

Damn, I hope you're right.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been disappointed in our receivers all year. They have failed to get separation and don't finish their routes and attempt to find the open space.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Small sized 3 star receivers such as king, McCollum, Boyd, Rutherford aren’t going to be a big time threat due to small size and physical traits, those guys are smaller slot speedster types. We already have one of those type of receivers in brown. We’re lacking a big physical receiver next to AB and it really shows at times.

Ryan King should help next year.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Couple thoughts.

1.) Kennard and Walker were all over the place.

2.) Sims’ vision when he’s scrambling is so much better than early in the season. He kept us in it in the 1st half. That part of the game has clearly slowed down for him. Needs to work on sliding though.

3.) Super happy we kept finding Adonicas. He was the best player on offense today.

4.) HORRIBLE special teams. How does a walk-on get a personal foul on a kickoff through the endzone? Then Jerry Howard on a critical punt. Speaking of punts... man I love all our players and love them getting the recognition they deserve. But the hardcore fans like us who watch every snap know what’s up when we absolutely need a great punt in a close game.