NC State Postgame

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Sims played okay.

Running game was great again. agree with those that said this would be a different game with a healthy Gibbs. Several of those runs Mason broke loose could’ve been house calls with Gibbs top end speed.

WR play was weak. Sanders and Camp played well. Carter reminds me of Waller. Almost seems like he takes plays off or doesn’t put forth the effort needed if he’s not involved early. The announcers even mentioned our WRs essentially jogging in their routes.

D was still frustrating at times, but played their butts off down several key players. They did enough to win.

Refs were bad in my opinion. Felt like their big WRs were pushing off a lot and they only called PI on our guys.

I was frustrated with CDPs early playcalling but feel like he settled into a grove and we controlled the game from mid 2nd quarter on. I think that’s why this loss is so frustrating to me.

We should’ve scored more points. I know our kicking game hasn’t been good, but I still think we should’ve taken the points at the end of the half. Also didn’t like rushing to the LOS after the Sims run.

Overall, we’ve made progress as a team, but these young guys have to figure out how to win.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There are multiple problems on this team and the record speaks for itself. A lot of the problems are self inflicted. Way too many penalties and not just in this game. Maybe finals week had an effect but the run defense was pretty darn good tonight and that takes effort. Some of the younger guys played pretty darn well. I wss afrsid Sims had taken a game ending shot on thst targeting call. He's a tough kid but we have no real backup now. NCSU has some good WR's and they made plays that we didn't or couldn't. Do we have another win in us this year? I doubt it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Small sized 3 star receivers such as king, McCollum, Boyd, Rutherford aren’t going to be a big time threat due to small size and physical traits, those guys are smaller slot speedster types. We already have one of those type of receivers in brown. We’re lacking a big physical receiver next to AB and it really shows at times.
You should just stop posting. It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. McCollum and Boyd are both true freshmen and Rutherford hasn't even signed his LOI. What we're missing are receivers that do what it takes to get separation.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Best game Thacker has called on the Flats by a mile. I’m only assuming his thinking was “we’re so short-handed we don’t stand a chance so we may as well blitz a lot and even show some exotic blitzes”.
My argument if that assumption is correct is “why tf haven’t we done this all season?”
Dude, we are out manned and short handed, creative blitzes and schemes are the only thing that can help our D.
Buck up!!
shout out to Curry with team high 12 tackles ( Y'all may miss him more than you think ) and to a RSFreshman Wesley Walker with 2nd highest for the game with 7 Tackles.

Deleted member 2897

There are multiple problems on this team and the record speaks for itself. A lot of the problems are self inflicted. Way too many penalties and not just in this game. Maybe finals week had an effect but the run defense was pretty darn good tonight and that takes effort. Some of the younger guys played pretty darn well. I wss afrsid Sims had taken a game ending shot on thst targeting call. He's a tough kid but we have no real backup now. NCSU has some good WR's and they made plays that we didn't or couldn't. Do we have another win in us this year? I doubt it.

Today is not the first time our offensive stats were better, but we lost. Not the second time either. Incredibly frustrating. Mind boggling really to have 0 turnovers and 412 yards to only get 13 points.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I know there are 5 pages of posts following this one, but I think Jeff is still drinking from a fire hose. It's clear he has a great arm, great legs, elusiveness, calm, eyes downfield, and all the other attributes necessary to be a next-level QB. It's also clear he's a true freshman. He's missing reads, late sometimes, etc., but I'm excited to see what this kid is going to grow into. I'm very excited for the future. Bummed tonight, but excited for the future.

I don't know what I saw today rose to the level of putrid. It was inconsistent, but he had several receivers also drop passes they had no business dropping.

I did find it interesting that the color commentator kept getting onto the receivers for not running routes with effort. Not sure what that was all about.
I think they were saying they quit on their routes when the play broke down. Didn't help the QB by trying to get open.

So the defense being short handed stellar game. Being here in Georgia for a month I saw a high school game. I used to say our offense is Vanilla. I now realize it is a high school offense . Qb run some hand offs and try to throw some basic routes. It looked exactly like the highschool I watched. Funny.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Small sized 3 star receivers such as king, McCollum, Boyd, Rutherford aren’t going to be a big time threat due to small size and physical traits, those guys are smaller slot speedster types. We already have one of those type of receivers in brown. We’re lacking a big physical receiver next to AB and it really shows at times.
Um, Boyd is 6'3.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
So the defense being short handed stellar game. Being here in Georgia for a month I saw a high school game. I used to say our offense is Vanilla. I now realize it is a high school offense . Qb run some hand offs and try to throw some basic routes. It looked exactly like the highschool I watched. Funny.
other than run and pass what else can an offense do ?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not many possessions today, in part due to our run-heavy offense

1607220652853.png