NC State Postgame

Deleted member 2897

For the umteenth time you need to get off your knees for Sims. The kid is a beast, he’s not putrid, he’s only playing putrid because he’s young and has zero experience. He’s gonna be a baller. How else do I need to spell that out for you so you’ll stop acting like a sociopath?
When I type slower it doesn’t help 😂

To me it seemed like Sims was holding the ball too much, especially early. And seemed to make a lot of bad reads too. Like 3/4ers of the plays early on we’re just busts.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So our “putrid qb play” is sims throwing for 151 yards (13/27) no touchdowns and no interceptions with him rushing for 93 yards and 1 touchdown. No turnovers. Putrid qb play? Ok then
It wasn't putrid, but we (he) left quite a few yards on the field. The 4th down pass late was a great example. You have to get that ball to the back, sure there is a guy in the way, but you've gotta find a way to make that play.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
We need to sign about two 4 star receivers every class or 1 at the least. These 3 stars were getting aren’t cutting it such as McCollum, Boyd, king, etc. we need a big sized physical receiver that’s a 4 star

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't putrid, but we (he) left quite a few yards on the field. The 4th down pass late was a great example. You have to get that ball to the back, sure there is a guy in the way, but you've gotta find a way to make that play.
The one to smith? If so, that was right in smith’s hands

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
To me it seemed like Sims was holding the ball too much, especially early. And seemed to make a lot of bad reads too. Like 3/4ers of the plays early on we’re just busts.

His success rate at making the right decision on the read option is not good. And he STARES down receivers. Gotta get better.

Oh, and I want to see him lined up under center on short yardage. But that's on the OC.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck

Im lost the ball that Mason fumbled or the ball that Nathan dropped? We missed Gibbs big time.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
1. Lack of discipline leads to two inexcusable off-sides penalties on the one yard line back to back. The announcer said we were running a hurry up offense there. Why? A quarterback sneak or two and an easy score.
2. I think I counted four unsportsmanlike penalties. No discipline.
3. Great running attack. But if Sims keeps the ball on the fake hand off more often he could have run for big yards all day. He got a 30 yard TD on it one time and big gains on two others. But many times he handed it off for no gain when he could have had big yards around the end. If it is so easy to see on TV why can’t they see it in the press box? He is a great runner and could be even more of a weapon.
4. They run effectively all the way down to N.C. State’s 10 and the throw it twice to set us third and long and have to settle for a field goal again. Poor situational play calling.
5. One interference was called on Tech on a third down when the ball was thrown two yards out of bounds and thus was not catchable. Collins should have been on the ref. about that and asked for a review.

They fought hard but beat themselves with things that should be correctable.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Our defense played with a lot of heart and kept us in that thing. Our offense was well, less than spectacular. We have no chance against better teams with that kind of passing game. Overall, it wasn’t terrible. Just not all that inspiring either. Really wish we had Gibbs.
We really need better effort from a few of our receivers, aside from Adonicas Sanders and Jamal Camp they were mia today

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It was tough game all around. Obviously the penalties killed us. Dumb mistakes but the QB play was enough for us to win. Typically our WR are strong but they didn’t have their best game from a position group stand point. Gibbs may or may not have made a difference but the pass catching out of the backfield was missing.

Defense played well considering who we had out. Complete team effort all around to keep us in the game. They did not give up because some starters were missing which is amazing to see. This is obviously a TEAM defense.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
We need more play makers around sims other then Gibbs. We have 0 tide ends that can be affective so the freshman coming in should help that some. We have no consistent receivers, Brown has not been as good as last year. For this offense to excel we need 2 consistent and solid receivers (preferable a big physical receiver next to ab) and a tide end that can be a big red zone target and a target for about 5-7 yards a catch to get easy check down throws.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We were running the ball at will down the field and then get into the red zone and try to pass? That's on Patenaude. Sims breaks out and runs down the field and dives for the end zone as he is tackled. Refs say he is down at the one, Patenaude decides to go hurry up and to try and score and we get a false start... why did he rush? Sims dove for the end zone and that play should have been reviewed but Patenaude went retard mode and decided to go hurry up.
Exactly. The refs were gonna call for a review until they saw the team it would benefit didn’t even believe he was in. I’m a fan of Sims but he has no sense of touch this year on his passes. He looks like a kid right out of high school who was a stud athlete. The last play on offense on 4th down was a perfect example. He threw a dart to Smith from 6 yards away and no way he could catch it. Hopefully, those are things he works on during the off season. But with the jail break OLine I understand him just wanting to get rid of it.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
We need more play makers around sims other then Gibbs. We have 0 tide ends that can be affective so the freshman coming in should help that some. We have no consistent receivers, Brown has not been as good as last year. For this offense to excel we need 2 consistent and solid receivers (preferable a big physical receiver next to ab) and a tide end that can be a big red zone target and a target for about 5-7 yards a catch to get easy check down throws.
For real.