NC State 2/21

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta be. Local, high caliber and has been at our last 2 home games. Check, chek, cheque.
Doubt it's JT actually. Wheeler is playing tonight in their Sweet 16 playoff game - I'm not sure what the protocol is, but I'm not sure Wheeler coaches would be thrilled with their stud having his mind on recruiting during the day instead of the task at hand.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
We play the fish eaters Saturday or Sunday? If Sunday another 1 day off before Pitt? If so, schedule certainly not favoring us.

i wonder if the acc does its royalty the same way? do duke and nc also play sunday games followed by tuesday games? or is that reserved for the lower echelon teams only?

my guess is that they stick it to gt wrt the bb schedule in the same manner they stick it to gt for the fb schedule.

/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Doubt it's JT actually. Wheeler is playing tonight in their Sweet 16 playoff game - I'm not sure what the protocol is, but I'm not sure Wheeler coaches would be thrilled with their stud having his mind on recruiting during the day instead of the task at hand.

Probably right. Plus I'm still not so sure Wheeler coaches want to deal with GT at all anyway. We're probably recruiting him without help of the HS coach. I'm changing my guess to MJW.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Probably right. Plus I'm still not so sure Wheeler coaches want to deal with GT at all anyway. We're probably recruiting him without help of the HS coach. I'm changing my guess to MJW.

We just pulled someone out of Wheeler though right? First time in like a billion years.

Or was it Mitchell?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We just pulled someone out of Wheeler though right? First time in like a billion years.

Or was it Mitchell?

We pulled Mitchell as a transfer, not straight out of HS. I don't think that counts.

We pulled Howell from Wheeler as a fball recruit. That doesn't count either.

IOW, you're wrong again as usual. :D

The loss to NCSU hurts:banghead::vomit: GT should have beaten an NC State team that's spinning it's wheels!:banghead:

It's not that simple IMHO. NCSt isn't a lameduck team because they lack talent. They're a lameduck team because that talent doesn't always show up. They showed up last night. In conjunction, we got a bad game from sLammers.

slugboy

Staff member
It's not that simple IMHO. NCSt isn't a lameduck team because they lack talent. They're a lameduck team because that talent doesn't always show up. They showed up last night. In conjunction, we got a bad game from sLammers.

I think Lammers had a decent game--just a low-scoring one. He was great on defense. If he was really playing poorly, wouldn't you give him a minute or two of rest just to see if that helped? He was still good enough that Pastner wouldn't sub him.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think Lammers had a decent game--just a low-scoring one. He was great on defense. If he was really playing poorly, wouldn't you give him a minute or two of rest just to see if that helped? He was still good enough that Pastner wouldn't sub him.

Actually he sat for Ogbonda for a short while

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Well, maybe I should elaborate on the "bad game" comment. Like you said, his scoring was off. The other aspects of his game were there in spades which is probably why he didn't get a rest.

If he'd been scoring at his normal clip earlier on in the game, we would've won IMHO. This is in no way a criticism of sLammers. He clearly works his tail off and I always appreciate his effort.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Every ACC team has a couple of these two day turnarounds these days. It's part of the ACCN package and having games on every day of the week except Friday. In February alone...
UVA: @ Syracuse Saturday noon. Louisville on Monday night. 60 hours between games
Duke: UNC Thursday 9 PM. Clemson Saturday at noon. 36 hours between games.
Louisville: @ BC Saturday afternoon. @ UVA Monday night. ~60 hours between games
Notre Dame: @ UNC on Sunday night. Wake on Tuesday night. ~48 hours between games
Clemson: @ FSU Sunday afternoon. Syracuse on Tuesday night. ~60 hours between games

you get the picture. Everyone has this kind of turnaround. the problem we have is that we have zero depth where most of the other schools have a couple of guys that give their starters a few minutes of rest

FWIW, I checked the full league schedule for all the top tier teams. FSU has 1 tight turnaround. UNC has 2. Notre Dame, UVA, Louisville & Duke all have 3.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Romello White (who failed to qualify - heck the staff knew he was unlikely to qualify when they took his commit) went to Wheeler as a SR.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Every ACC team has a couple of these two day turnarounds these days. It's part of the ACCN package and having games on every day of the week except Friday. In February alone...
UVA: @ Syracuse Saturday noon. Louisville on Monday night. 60 hours between games
Duke: UNC Thursday 9 PM. Clemson Saturday at noon. 36 hours between games.
Louisville: @ BC Saturday afternoon. @ UVA Monday night. ~60 hours between games
Notre Dame: @ UNC on Sunday night. Wake on Tuesday night. ~48 hours between games
Clemson: @ FSU Sunday afternoon. Syracuse on Tuesday night. ~60 hours between games

you get the picture. Everyone has this kind of turnaround. the problem we have is that we have zero depth where most of the other schools have a couple of guys that give their starters a few minutes of rest

FWIW, I checked the full league schedule for all the top tier teams. FSU has 1 tight turnaround. UNC has 2. Notre Dame, UVA, Louisville & Duke all have 3.

Pit & WF had no back to back acc games with only 1 day rest. Louisville, FSU BC had only 1. ND had 2 scheduled then with that postponed game ended up with 3. UNCheats puke & Miami all had 3. Everyone else saw 2 this year.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lammers definitely looked gassed. If he has an even remotely better game we probably win. When he goes 1-9 from the floor our chances of winning are pretty slim

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Pit & WF had no back to back acc games with only 1 day rest. Louisville, FSU BC had only 1. ND had 2 scheduled then with that postponed game ended up with 3. UNCheats puke & Miami all had 3. Everyone else saw 2 this year.

Louisville had Jan 19 & Jan 21, Feb 4 & Feb 6, and Feb 11 & Feb 13.

UNC had Jan 14 - 16, Jan 26-28 and Feb 25-27. I missed one of those earlier, so yup, they had 3 also

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see gamebut the stats tell the story-one stat in particular -FTs %--you shoot under 60% in close game, you lose--the 4 guards were 50%--unacceptable--good guards can't shoot that--Lammers was 50% but he is a big
also if JP doesn't get a bonafide big for next yr,expect to see a bunch of these no-bench "exhaustion" games--probably need 2 as Q is gone