NC State 2/21

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
This loss stinks. The guys played hard all the way to the end. Hopefully the guys can bounce back on sunday @ND. Playing on the road is tough but we can win

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The life of of Tech fan.... Huge, emotional win Sunday only to have a major let down the next game. If this was a Thursday game I'd be a little more disappointed but with only a day in between I'm not suprised. This team is physically exausted. Hopefully we spend the next 3 days watching film and getting rest. Poor scheduling too. ND has a week off between there last game and us on Saturday. Absolutely have to win in South Bend.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Turn overs and bad free throw shooting is a recipe for losing. Bit us tonight. Entry passes in the paint first half were well guarded and we kept turning it over. We could have won with better free throw shooting.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This loss sucked. This loss was disappointing on a whole bunch of levels. It was a game we absolutely had to get into the tourney.

But the fact we are even talking about the tourney is so ridiculous this year as to be almost funny. Anyone who gets mad or seriously pissed at this needs serious counseling. This was a team living on the knife edge of what it took to get wins who didn't have legs to play D and anyone who could score. Yet they still almost pulled it out.

Yea I am pissed but in reality .....

Deleted member 2897

I was able to make the game tonight. Terrible traffic and rain, so I got there 45 minutes early and ate a hot dog for dinner in my seat and watched the teams warmup.

Congratulations to the NC State team and fans. They have every reason to roll over and crap the bed, but they refuse to. They played hard to the very end, even when things weren’t going their way down the home stretch. They played defense hard and with lots of energy. They swarmed the offensive boards (which is ultimately why they won).

To lose by 2 when we had a good look at a 3 from Tadric’s favorite spot, when we missed like 10 free throws, when we missed like 12 layups, when we give up nearly 15 offensive boards and 10+ second chance points…take your pick. We needed 1 small break anywhere and the game outcome would be different. There were some very bad calls, but I saw some bad calls that went both ways. I'd like to say there were more that went against us, but I feel like I can't do that in good faith seeing the foul split.

The student section was in their seats 30+ minutes prior to the tipoff. They were there so early they watched NC State warmup and gave them hell everytime they threw up a brick or missed a dunk. So freaking funny. And as luck would have it, the best player on the opposing team shot an airball early in the game again…and the "Airball! Airball!" chants followed him to the very end.

I hate it for our guys. So close but yet so far. They played hard on little rest. They played until they could hardly play anymore. Then they kept playing until their legs were toast. And then there were still 10 more minutes left in the first half. That level of exhaustion is why I think NC State ruled the offensive boards – we were just always a 1/2 step slow. Lammers especially left everything short (including free throws) for a long time before I think he realized his legs had no push in them and he had to compensate for that. I so feel for the guys...1 more day of rest, anything, and it felt like we could have gotten over the hump.

No matter what happens, the Syracuse win Sunday guarantees us of a 0.500 season. It doesn’t get any easier from here though. I appreciate the sacrifice our guys gave. The plays we ran, especially on the last inbounds, shows our coaching is superior in this conference. With a little more talent and depth (and sometimes luck), we’ll win a lot of games going forward. Go Jackets!

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
State made some improbable 3 pointers and Lammers was off all game. Those combined with our missed free throws and we only lost by 2. Wonder if we had TJ under the bucket for the Lammers pass if we make the bunny shot for overtime

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Helluva game. Kids played hard and did a good job on DSmith. Abu and Kapita were even with Ben and Q on the glass, but check out their guard rebounding.... 23 boards. 6,5,5,4,3. Our guards had 7.

We made a crazy comeback in the last two mins and had a good look to win. Sucks to lose but they played really hard.

Interesting note: State took 4 FTs the entire game until we started to foul at the end. We took 16 in the same time. This is the inverse of the Miami game but no one is howling about the officiating being stacked against State. Think this shows how that goes both ways and fans everywhere only notice when they're on the wrong side of the equation.

Deleted member 2897

Helluva game. Kids played hard and did a good job on DSmith. Abu and Kapita were even with Ben and Q on the glass, but check out their guard rebounding.... 23 boards. 6,5,5,4,3. Our guards had 7.

We made a crazy comeback in the last two mins and had a good look to win. Sucks to lose but they played really hard.

Interesting note: State took 4 FTs the entire game until we started to foul at the end. We took 16 in the same time. This is the inverse of the Miami game but no one is howling about the officiating being stacked against State. Think this shows how that goes both ways and fans everywhere only notice when they're on the wrong side of the equation.

There were objectively bad calls (maybe 3-4) on both sides of the ball tonight. I don't think Refs are biased. I just think they suck. When you miss 12 layups, its very easy to just assume from the stands that there had to be some contact. But that's not necessarily true. I think since we continue to have that problem, we need to just dunk the damned ball. We'll miss some, but not 12.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thought we played fairly well defensively. State's Henderson was just daggers for any little run we made. He was shooting out of his mind and would kill any momentum we could put together. Dennis Smith's 3 pointer 5 feet beyond on the arc in the waning moments of the game really hurt as well. Another dagger.

You could tell the short turn around hurt us tonight as some of our guys didn't have the legs, and we saw it on rebounds. NC State out rebounded us 40-28. Some of those were easy offensive rebounds they put back into the basket.

Just too many loose passes, missed layups (theme of the season for us), missed free throws. The sum of our mistakes caught up to us in the end. We easily left at least 10 points out there tonight. On top of that, we really didn't get any flow on offense tonight. Our defense kept us in this game.

Give our boys credit. They battled to the last second and had a good look for the win. Just didn't work out for us. Maybe we do what we did all season...follow a letdown with an impressive win. I'll take a W in Southbend Saturday. That's just how we've been all season.

No moral victories here, but at least the bball team has energized the fanbase again. Would have loved to win as there were some big name recruits in the crowd, but then they saw what kind of a difference they could have made.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

For a large portion of the game it was lopsided in our favor. But it was 4-1 compared to 7-1 then 9-1 ratio in the miami game. This game still wasn't near what the miami game was in terms of lopsidedness. This game shows just how extreme the miami game was in that regard.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
9 missed FTs, 12 missed lay ups - 1 enormous missed opportunity. With so many bumps (Q and Tex scoring?) how we're we shooting with a chance to win? Almost absurd; wow that would have been replayed over and over - best to be dramatic on Tuesdays, it's typically a dead sports night. Just felt like the magnitude of this was not only running out of time in the game, but the bubble season as well. This is a weak bubble season at the moment, and if situation continues, 9-9 secures bid IMO. This team has surprised, hoping for at least 2 more in next 3 games. As another poster mentioned, pretty ridiculous we're even having tourney talk at this stage, or ANY stage of season. I'm thankful for CJP, assts, SAs making Tech ball relevant again - my numerous Google alerts prove it. In fact, so many feel-good news stories, the most recent Glen Rice Jr arrest only lasted about 1/2 day on alerts.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
People have mentioned the missed layups and FTs, which I agree hurt. But the last 20 seconds of the first half were equally painful. Give up an easy uncontested lob because you lose your man on the backside and then you blindly throw an inbound pass that is stolen for a layup. Those 4 points were obviously costly in a 2 point loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk