NC State 2/21

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
9-9 teams
2016: Pitt & Syracuse -- both went to NCAA
2015: Syracuse -- ineligible for post-season; self imposed exile
2014: State, Maryland, FSU -- NCSU went NCAA. FSU went NIT. Maryland went wee wee wee all the way home to the B1G
2013: FSU - NIT

So, in the four years of 18 game conference schedule, there have been 7 teams that finished 9-9. 3 of the seven went to the dance. 2 went NIT. One was laughed out of town and the other opted out.

Hardly a "never" scenario

Deleted member 2897

Had a conversation with someone today that stated that a 9-9 ACC team has never not gone dancing. I'm going to have look myself to verify that

One year (20 years ago?) 4 teams in the ACC tied for 1st place at 12-4. Georgia Tech was next at 8-8 and we did not get in.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Is this the first ACC game we've been favored in besides ... I dunno , I would assume BC?
Yes and I'm pretty sure there's only 2 others we haven't been a double digit dog in. Syracuse and ND at home we were like 2.5 and 7 point underdogs I think. Can't remember if Clemson on the road stayed at 9.5 or went back up to 10

slugboy

Staff member
I'm hoping they're phoning it in at this point, with their coaching staff all "walking dead".

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
It sucks that we lost those OOC games to 4 blah teams. Win 2 of those and we are in great shape right now. Unfortunately almost every game is basically a must win right now and tonight is no different.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2017-2-21_9-19-21.png