NC State 2/21

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
It's a Tuesday night game, which makes it tough for out of town folks, but I really hope we can get another sellout

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Definitely a must win. I'm a little worried about the short turnaround but I will never doubt the fight in this team. Let's get the W boys!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We have to go 3-1 down the stretch. If we go 2-2 (more likely) then we have to make serious noise in the acc tourney. Lets face it we are a long shot. But to just have a serious credible talk that we are in the mix is rewarding.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If we go 9-9 in conference that would put us probably no worse than 10th, and likely tied with cuse for 9th, they have Duke and @UL left before us. To me, with the way the ACC compare to other conferences this year that puts us square on the bubble, likely in or out depending on how the other bubble teams, and we, do in the conference tournaments.

The thing that sort of helps us is if we finish 10th, or tied for 9th and lose the tie breaker, that means we'll be playing the first day in the ACCT against either BC or NCSU, likely and then a second game against miami/cuse/uva maybe. If we finish 9th we would play on the second day against the 8th place team. IMO either we get in at 10-8 already, or we have a pretty good chance at getting one win in the ACCT if we go 9-9, and a decent shot at two.

To me if we can defend our home court we have a pretty good chance of going to the NCAAT this year. Go 3-1 and I don't see how we're left out.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I know people have hashed out the argument about number of minutes some of our players have played this year, and while I don't want to get into that, I'm definitely concerned about Lammers and Q. Going into the Miami game they both had ankle issues. Lammers has played the full game for 2 straight and Q played the full game last night. Now we have one day before another game and the same two players with ankle injuries just a week ago are coming off full games on short rest. We may need some bench players to step up in a big way tomorrow.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Had a conversation with someone today that stated that a 9-9 ACC team has never not gone dancing. I'm going to have look myself to verify that

Don't have to look far back to disprove that - Syracuse, last year. Went to the Final 4. Pitt also last year.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I was confused by the double negative at first, too. You're right. The original post was saying 9-9 always gets in. Of course, we've only had 18 game schedules for 2 or 3 years, so it won't be hard to research