Nate Woody . . .

LibertyTurns

Banned
What a game that was! My wife is still miffed that I stood in front our TV watching that game instead of going out for New Year’s Eve. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You missed a great time. Incessant clanking was replaced by cries of “Uncle” from the clankers. They knew we were going to run it, they knew where we were going to run it, they knew when we were going to run it, they even knew who was going to run it, yet there wasn’t a damn thing they could do to stop us.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
What a game that was! My wife is still miffed that I stood in front our TV watching that game instead of going out for New Year’s Eve. [emoji23]

I hope you told her there will be other New Year's Eves.
But Ga Tech beating the hell out of a SEC team that was ranked No. 1 in the nation in the Orange Bowl is a rare occurrence.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

I trust it was well worth the miffing.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
to Army as DC per Football Scoop.

Go Jackets!
Putting this here because I can't find a place but I think it is very telling.

Monken's Army contract calls for a bit more than $900,000 salary. But then Army gets serious about this service academy rivalry. He gets a $50,000 bonus for beating Navy or the AF. And if he beats 'em both, $150,000. (And the great joy of standing atop the wall separating corps from the field and leading the cheers.) They are probably renegotiating right now but regardless he is never going to make public university kind of money, but I think he and Army belong together.

Animal02

Banned
I kinda feel bad for Woody. That doesn’t mean I think CGC is doing him wrong or anything, just an unfortunate situation for Woody. I feel like he’d be at Louisville right now if he stayed at App State this season instead of being in limbo. I was impressed with him in his one season at the Flats and wish him nothing but the best.
Why do I have a feeling he is not in limbo....and that after the 26th, things will be settled.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Am i the only one who thought our defense was brutally bad under Woody? I like the guy but aside from Def line play (which i attribute to the d-line coach) i didn’t see much to be excited about. And don’t give me turnovers because we had more in’14

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Am i the only one who thought our defense was brutally bad under Woody? I like the guy but aside from Def line play (which i attribute to the d-line coach) i didn’t see much to be excited about. And don’t give me turnovers because we had more in’14

You are not the only one and the stats back you up. The defense was worse in every category except turnovers. Woody seems like a great guy. Maybe there would have been improvement in year 2, but there is no way to know.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You are not the only one and the stats back you up. The defense was worse in every category except turnovers. Woody seems like a great guy. Maybe there would have been improvement in year 2, but there is no way to know.
Most were expecting year one to be a rough transition with year 2 and 3 to be when we saw progress.

Our defense was abysmal this year, and there is no talking around it. Bottom 100 in FEI and S&P+. The only redeeming quality was some timely turnovers. I do think we'd have gotten better in the coming years, but this year was plain awful.