Nate Woody . . .

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't say he was not pressured to leave, but the pressure didn't come from CPJ or TStan.

We are just talking here, so I’m not trying to argue but I’m not sure we really know if CPJ pressured Roof. CPJ himself was under a tremendous amount of pressure himself, a lot of it from members of this site.

I think Roof being a Tech guy brought a different kind of pressure. Calls for changes were not just simple calls for change. The calls were intermingled with hypocritical comments on the 3O itself. I think it was during this period ( the Roof phase) that CPJ started getting sick of critics who he saw as uninformed. By the time Roof left CPJ was openly talking about not giving up points at the end of the half’s, which was a not so indirect and public critic of Roofs style.

I personally think CPJ has been frustrated the last 4 years and I think he encouraged and may have even helped Roof with a way out that didn’t involve directly firing him. I think CPJ was giving it the old college try when he hired Woody and I think all of this years frustrations took the desire out of him, which may have left Woody in a lurch.

I don’t think any coach would come here thinking they may only have one year, that’s not really a step up on a coaches resume.

Again I’m not slamming CPJ but damn, Woody has the luck of the Irish.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I tend to doubt that. Why would he make a decision to deprive himself of coaching his son at his alma mater knowing it could deprive his son of getting a Tech education?
If he wanted the Tech education it was there for him.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Do you really think Roof “left” on his own ? He was invited to look elsewhere and everyone who reflects back on the poor play of the defense would remember the level of pressure on CPJ to do something.

Roof left on his own. He was not pressured by CPJ or TStan to leave. The idea that he was pressured came from message board warriors eager to get one last pitchfork into him...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Isn’t it ironic that with our new head coach hire, we’re going back to the ‘ol 4-3 multiple defense we had before.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We are just talking here, so I’m not trying to argue but I’m not sure we really know if CPJ pressured Roof. CPJ himself was under a tremendous amount of pressure himself, a lot of it from members of this site.

PJ could not care less what's being said on the internet or on talk radio. he can be a little thin-skinned when it comes to criticism but he doesn't base any of his decisions on what's being said digitally or on the airwaves.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes, but I think it will be aggressive which will be a welcome change from the “bend but don’t break” version we had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will say this. We never played it so well as in the Orange Bowl against Mississippi State. Dak Prescott got a ton of yards in front of the defenders, our D backs made sure tackles, and we controlled the game from the first quarter on. It might be the only it really worked, though.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I will say this. We never played it so well as in the Orange Bowl against Mississippi State. Dak Prescott got a ton of yards in front of the defenders, our D backs made sure tackles, and we controlled the game from the first quarter on. It might be the only it really worked, though.

What a game that was! My wife is still miffed that I stood in front our TV watching that game instead of going out for New Year’s Eve. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk