Nate Woody . . .

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
They moved their families to the ATL a year ago, and would rather not move them again so soon. Among perhaps other reasons.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
CPJ slick did Woody wrong.

Only if CPJ knew he was likely to retire and withheld that information from Woody when he hired him, which I doubt.

Ultimately, Coach Woody took an opportunity to try and advance his career and it just didn't work out. Also, if he had managed to improve our defense, he probably would have gotten better offers when CPJ retired. Shoot, CPJ may have even kept coaching in that case. As it was, Woody's defense was statistically worse than Roof's.

Hopefully, this will just be a one year setback for him and he will get a DC job next year.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
CPJ slick did Woody wrong.

Not at all. Johnson had to hire a DC so there really was no alternative that wouldn't have landed someone in the same situation. This is basically the same situation that has happened to who knows how many before. Guy goes up a level, doesn't work out, and falls lower than he was before. Only major difference was the one year thing but I can't imagine anyone would have taken the DC job last year without understanding that there was a risk of it being a one year ride, moreso because of being fired than retired but it has same effect.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Both Nate Woody and Shiel Wood will do just fine at Georgia State. Other and better opportunities will become available for them in the future.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Quite the step down. At least they don't have to move.

Honestly, they’re probably getting the same amount of money they had last year (with us making up the difference between their current salary and their GT contract, ie what we did with Groh and Virginia) and this is just to keep them active this year before they move on up next year. Not a whole lot of DC openings were available at the time they could start searching, so they’ll have a much better pick of options early in the cycle next year. I guarantee Georgia State isn’t counting on them sticking around more than one season.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
^ should change nickname to blows hot air. I know it’s kinda similar but the whistle serves an actual purpose....whereas.....
CPJ’s contract was through what like 2020, you think he told Nate this was a 1 and done? Then he quits on him and leaves him at a lower tier job coaching Linebackers.
Also, if you wanna get cute and take a personal shot at me you should ask the numerous amounts of players I know personally that have helped me grow my brand, and a large following, and allowed me to make money talking about Georgia Tech Football if I blow Hot Air.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
CPJ’s contract was through what like 2020, you think he told Nate this was a 1 and done? Then he quits on him and leaves him at a lower tier job coaching Linebackers.
Also, if you wanna get cute and take a personal shot at me you should ask the numerous amounts of players I know personally that have helped me grow my brand, and a large following, and allowed me to make money talking about Georgia Tech Football if I blow Hot Air.

Quite often, yes you do.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ did nothing wrong. Woody was just unlucky and that happens.

If he had chosen to stay at App St he likely would have become the DC at L'ville when Satterfield took that job.
Just unfortunate timing for him.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Serious question, where is your large following?