Myles Sims Committed (Michigan transfer)

Animal02

Banned
Players transferring out of GT: Elite playmakers who are All-ACC or All-American caliber and irreplacable by the current roster. Failure to retain them is indicative of a poor sales job by CGC.

Players transferring into GT: Low-level players fleeing competition, who lack drive and/or desire. Their addition is depth at best.

Or at least that's what I've tended to see so far. Sims was offered by Alabama, Clemson, and Michigan among many others just a year ago. Surprised people are even thinking he may be baggage on our team. The three 4* transfers we've gotten have been incredible additions.
Did you even read what the coach said about him?
While he may be a contributor....to make a claim that he will be an incredible addition, based on his past performance is silly.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
While he may be a contributor....to make a claim that he will be an incredible addition, based on his past performance is silly.

As is the assumption that a coach at the unlimited budget, gigantic stadium, any worthless degree you want, ever underachieving um program knows what he is talking about.

Time will tell.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
You're going to take a singular quote about a redshirted player as an indicator he'll be a non-contributor? That's what I call silly. The coach said he's got a great skillset and just has to "get more consistent." That's a reps thing mostly, which our practices seem to be heavy on. Coach Collins has a history of putting numerous DBs in the NFL, so I'd bank on him helping Myles get more consistent and achieve his potential. Embrace the kid, he's a GT player now.

Animal02

Banned
You're going to take a singular quote about a redshirted player as an indicator he'll be a non-contributor? That's what I call silly. The coach said he's got a great skillset and just has to "get more consistent." That's a reps thing mostly, which our practices seem to be heavy on. Coach Collins has a history of putting numerous DBs in the NFL, so I'd bank on him helping Myles get more consistent and achieve his potential. Embrace the kid, he's a GT player now.
You have reading comprehension problem? Or did you skip the part where I said he may be a contributor? He wasn't even mentioned depth wise in the coming year at U of M....which should tell you something. But then we all know some posters here are so much smarter than coaches. Banking on a 20 year old....now there is a smart idea :rolleyes:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You have reading comprehension problem? Or did you skip the part where I said he may be a contributor? He wasn't even mentioned depth wise in the coming year at U of M....which should tell you something. But then we all know some posters here are so much smarter than coaches. Banking on a 20 year old....now there is a smart idea :rolleyes:

So who exactly are we suppose to be banking on?

Cam

Helluva Engineer
He's a redshirt freshman, man. Michigan's depth chart at DB is loaded with juniors and seniors. The quote from the coach and the video of Don Brown posted above all seem to indicate that he's immensely athletic and talented, he just needs more coaching. We're going to provide that unless you don't have faith that our staff can coach him up. I'm sure you don't buy the hype that CGC is a great DB coach.

Not at all.....but the over the top "he will be incredible" is silly based on past performance (according to his former coach). It seems all common sense has gone out the window with the koolaid drinkers.

On the topic of reading comprehension, I never said he'd be incredible, I said his addition was incredible. The simple fact that we got players to transfer in who were highly sought after by multiple programs with much more recent success than us is, in my opinion, incredible. Unless you think you know more than coaches at several of the country's premier programs :rolleyes:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
He's a redshirt freshman, man. Michigan's depth chart at DB is loaded with juniors and seniors. The quote from the coach and the video of Don Brown posted above all seem to indicate that he's immensely athletic and talented, he just needs more coaching. We're going to provide that unless you don't have faith that our staff can coach him up. I'm sure you don't buy the hype that CGC is a great DB coach.

On the topic of reading comprehension, I never said he'd be incredible, I said his addition was incredible. The simple fact that we got players to transfer in who were highly sought after by multiple programs with much more recent success than us is, in my opinion, incredible. Unless you think you know more than coaches at several of the country's premier programs :rolleyes:
I have blocked whoever your responding too, but I have a good idea who it is. He's such a hypocritical poster. Whenever somebody said something against CPJ, he rushed to his defense and now that he's gone, he does everything he can to bash the new staff and the people who support the new staff. Definitely somebody who loved the coach more than the school. I loved CPJ and everything he did for Tech (which was a lot), but I also love the energy of the new staff.

Back to Sims, this is a great pick up and our backfield just got so much deeper.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Players transferring out of GT: Elite playmakers who are All-ACC or All-American caliber and irreplacable by the current roster. Failure to retain them is indicative of a poor sales job by CGC.

Players transferring into GT: Low-level players fleeing competition, who lack drive and/or desire. Their addition is depth at best.

Or at least that's what I've tended to see so far. Sims was offered by Alabama, Clemson, and Michigan among many others just a year ago. Surprised people are even thinking he may be baggage on our team. The three 4* transfers we've gotten have been incredible additions.
None of them was all anything. The two we lost were all ACC. You are comparing apples and oranges.

So far, at least. Could be these young men are the cat's pajamas. It'll be up to them to show it. They didn't at their original schools, but they have years to do so at Tech. Let's hope they do.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Not at all.....but the over the top "he will be incredible" is silly based on past performance (according to his former coach). It seems all common sense has gone out the window with the koolaid drinkers.
There is it, the infamous koolaid drinkers diss. Seriously man, the Michigan coaches said he needs to be more consistent. He didn’t say he couldn’t play just that the6 have better options than a RS freshman right now. And given the difference in athletes at Michigan and Tech you think if he can’t contribute there he can’t contribute here?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Guys, this is getting silly. Don't bash a RS freshman that was critiqued by his position coach as a freshman needing to get more consistent. That's the definition of a freshman: "needs to be more consistent." Also, he was obviously homesick and wanted to play closer to home. He's doing that now. Let's let him play a little here before we start telling people to pump the brakes, please.

As for the guys leaving our program, KB is a question mark this year. He lost all of last year and this spring to an injury. The same injury he had in HS. He wants a chance at the next level. Because of said injury, he needs to show he's stout AND durable. Highly unlikely he's going to get to show his durability at GT this year. Not enough balls to go around. He's going to transfer to a school that helps him highlight his abilities. He's got 1 final chance: he's not going to gamble with it. As for PB, he was leaving the moment CPJ said he was retiring. He has his reasons, and it may have nothing to do with the current coaching staff.

I marvel at how we project our suspicions, inferences, interpretations, etc. on situations we really have no clue about and then get all indignant.

beerbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s been said elsewhere he has a strong case for a waiver. If so, he’s not just leaving because of playing time. I think things went south for him with the program/coaches and being young, it affected his attitude and he didn’t play/train his best. This is speculation from reading between the lines from Michigan posters and some recruiters comments. They were not hating on him. Although they didn’t see him starting, they are now worried over depth at CB. Moving on, I bet he does better here.