Myles Sims Committed (Michigan transfer)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Maybe 2 guys from our defense would’ve cracked the two deep at Michigan last year. Maybe.
I don't believe this is a well thought out comment. Starting line-up, maybe, but 2 deep? That's silly.

Our problem has never been the first line guys, it's always been depth. You can't run 11 guys out there for 4 quarters and expect them to compete at the same level.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't believe this is a well thought out comment. Starting line-up, maybe, but 2 deep? That's silly.

Our problem has never been the first line guys, it's always been depth. You can't run 11 guys out there for 4 quarters and expect them to compete at the same level.

They had as many defensive players drafted in the the last 3 years as we have had in the last 13.

Most of their backups were better than our starters. That’s not a stretch.

Animal02

Banned
So who exactly are we suppose to be banking on?
Way to take a quote out of context.....but then I am not surprised.
Guys, this is getting silly. Don't bash a RS freshman that was critiqued by his position coach as a freshman needing to get more consistent. That's the definition of a freshman: "needs to be more consistent." Also, he was obviously homesick and wanted to play closer to home. He's doing that now. Let's let him play a little here before we start telling people to pump the brakes, please.

As for the guys leaving our program, KB is a question mark this year. He lost all of last year and this spring to an injury. The same injury he had in HS. He wants a chance at the next level. Because of said injury, he needs to show he's stout AND durable. Highly unlikely he's going to get to show his durability at GT this year. Not enough balls to go around. He's going to transfer to a school that helps him highlight his abilities. He's got 1 final chance: he's not going to gamble with it. As for PB, he was leaving the moment CPJ said he was retiring. He has his reasons, and it may have nothing to do with the current coaching staff.

I marvel at how we project our suspicions, inferences, interpretations, etc. on situations we really have no clue about and then get all indignant.
My I tent was not to bashing him, just the posters that automatically decree he will be "incredible" here. The same Kool aid drinkers come out with every excuse in the book to rationalize any potential negative. It is comical. I hope the young man does well at Tech,. but I certainly would not "bank on it"

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My I tent was not to bashing him, just the posters that automatically decree he will be "incredible" here. The same Kool aid drinkers come out with every excuse in the book to rationalize any potential negative. It is comical. I hope the young man does well at Tech,. but I certainly would not "bank on it"

I can take only what context you provide and it was very much in line with your posts since December

Animal02

Banned
I have blocked whoever your responding too, but I have a good idea who it is. He's such a hypocritical poster. Whenever somebody said something against CPJ, he rushed to his defense and now that he's gone, he does everything he can to bash the new staff and the people who support the new staff. Definitely somebody who loved the coach more than the school. I loved CPJ and everything he did for Tech (which was a lot), but I also love the energy of the new staff.

Back to Sims, this is a great pick up and our backfield just got so much deeper.
Of course the poster cannot show any proof of me bashing the new staff ( outside of his choice of bowl game apparel) :rolleyes:

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
There is it, the infamous koolaid drinkers diss. Seriously man, the Michigan coaches said he needs to be more consistent. He didn’t say he couldn’t play just that the6 have better options than a RS freshman right now. And given the difference in athletes at Michigan and Tech you think if he can’t contribute there he can’t contribute here?
Wait, I can't believe what you are saying. Of course, the prior staff did a wonderful job recruiting, particularly on the defensive side. Sure, we have a few weaknesses, but just at DL, ILB, and OLB, but we are STRONG in the defensive backfield. Or are we? Why are we trying to find transfers at DB? Much stronger than Michigan, I'm sure. :)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I got what you were saying.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
... As for PB, he was leaving the moment CPJ said he was retiring. He has his reasons, and it may have nothing to do with the current coaching staff.

I marvel at how we project our suspicions, inferences, interpretations, etc. on situations we really have no clue about and then get all indignant.

Who the heck is PB? I've looked through the roster real hard and dont see a PB.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Parker was the first guy to transfer, as a grad transfer. His father told us why he was transferring. Some fonts chose not to believe the father.
You and animal are so right, this is why some folks are too happy about myles. I now see pb is very relevant to the myles discussion, especially his dad.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Wait, I can't believe what you are saying. Of course, the prior staff did a wonderful job recruiting, particularly on the defensive side. Sure, we have a few weaknesses, but just at DL, ILB, and OLB, but we are STRONG in the defensive backfield. Or are we? Why are we trying to find transfers at DB? Much stronger than Michigan, I'm sure. :)
Not sure what your point is. I’m simply saying Michigan overall has better DBs than we do. I don’t know how this kid will turn out but to assume he wasn’t slotted to play as a RsFR there so he won’t make an impact here is silly.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what your point is. I’m simply saying Michigan overall has better DBs than we do. I don’t know how this kid will turn out but to assume he wasn’t slotted to play as a RsFR there so he won’t make an impact here is silly.
I liked this, then unliked it. There are portions I agree with and portions I don't necessarily agree with. I agree it's silly to write off (or on) a kid entering his RSFreshman spring. I agree we don't know much about the kid because he redshirted last year. His coach said he has all the tools to compete (on Michigan), but needs to be more consistent. From the way the coach made his comment, my interpretation is that Miles acted like most freshmen, and was inconsistent in his effort last year; he needs to fix that.

I disagree with Michigan having overall better DB's that us. I guess you can say that because they've historically put more DB's in the pros, but I'd say we have done quite well with our DB's having professional opportunities.

AlaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I was being sarcastic. I actually was agreeing with you. Basically was saying that it's been argued that the defense was weak everywhere except the DBs, and now we are having to look for transfer DBs, because we have only one CB that can play tight coverage (Tre Swilling). I certainly don't really believe that our defensive backfield is as strong as Michigan's'