Myles Sims Committed (Michigan transfer)

Deleted member 2897

Lol ****tin me. Pretty interesting how DB play plummeted when Coach Kelly left.

Front 7 has nothing to do with 7yd cushions and bailing to 15 in disguise of faux catch technique

On your behalf, I submit to you Ted Roof's 4th and 6 defense, which consists of 8 guys being BEYOND the line to beat when the QB throws the ball. But hey, great swarming to the ball Roof!

Also, note how at the hike how 7 of the guys immediately take off backwards. INCLUDING THE SAFETIES, who are almost 10 yards BEYOND the line to beat.
KZ1g4n.gif

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
247 Composite as a recruit:

Class of 2018
4* 0.9312 ranking
#170 national, #17 CB national, #22 overall in Georgia
Red-shirted 2018 at Michigan
Just curious. How can you be a 4* star, #17 in the nation DB, but only #22 in Georgia? 21 better than a four star?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
On your behalf, I submit to you Ted Roof's 4th and 6 defense, which consists of 8 guys being BEYOND the line to beat when the QB throws the ball. But hey, great swarming to the ball Roof!

Also, note how at the hike how 7 of the guys immediately take off backwards. INCLUDING THE SAFETIES, who are almost 10 yards BEYOND the line to beat.
KZ1g4n.gif

And we wonder why Daniel Jones went 6th overall.

Both cases coaching and players are on display right here @knoxjacket

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Between Clayton, Sims and Ezzard plus Davis.. we've had a heck of an offseason with transfers.
Looks like it. We'll see how that works out. All of these young men struggled to see the field at their original schools, but they'll have years to do that at Tech. It'll be up to them, of course.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Michigan is a great university. Academics would not be an issue transfering from there.

Neither has it been for a few from bama, auburn, miami, uf, vandy, a gagger, ole piss.

A coach once said "they have to be attracted to you as well."

CGC accepts that making GT attractive to the recruits is a big part of his job.

Going to be fun watching this staff recruit with more than a few months under there belts here.

slugboy

Staff member
yep.
it seems odd that our "best" position in depth continues to get the best players,-- gimmee a big DL, pleez

You don’t recruit a student not to play. If the staff didn’t think there was a need, would they have taken him?

Collins has a reputation as a DB sensei. I’m guessing he thinks he can make this young man into a lock down corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
You don’t recruit a student not to play. If the staff didn’t think there was a need, would they have taken him?

Collins has a reputation as a DB sensei. I’m guessing he thinks he can make this young man into a lock down corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was my thought as well. This position group, more than any other, will be interesting for me to watch develop. He seems to have a clear history of picking / developing studs there. Here is to hoping it continues as a HC here for us!

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Michigan is a great university. Academics would not be an issue transfering from there.

True, but athletes also have to make progress to their degree, so even coming from great places it might be hard if their major was not offered here or they were behind on a math requirement, etc.

The disappointing thing is allegedly DB is the one defensive position we have recruited well prior to last year.

I'm not too alarmed. It's a spot where a lot of bodies are going to rotate. So even if it's a recruiting highlight, having 5 players better than everywhere else on the team means we're still rotating others in the game who aren't. We're also playing a different kind of coverage approach, so there may be some CBs on the team who are good but not a good fit for press coverage. We also have guys who have more hybrid type positions and will fit in various roles as what we'll call nickel now. Beyond that, these kinds of athletes are really useful on special teams.