Myles Sims Committed (Michigan transfer)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just curious, anybody know how many transfers we took, from FBS, Juco or otherwise, during all of CPJ's tenure? I can think of a few, but it seems like we have matched or surpassed that number already under CGC. I was always given the impression the opportunity to take transfers at Tech was very low, because of academics or something.
Michigan is a great university. Academics would not be an issue transfering from there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From April
The Detroit News: Former four-star recruit Myles Sims transferring from Michigan
Mike Zordich, Michigan’s cornerbacks coach, did not mention Sims when he was offering an evaluation of the corners during a news conference earlier this week.

He was then asked about Sims and what he needs to do to get into the mix.

“He’s just got to be more consistent,” Zordich said. “He put together a couple nice practices and then he just kind of … just got to stay and get better every day. He’s got the skill set. He has it.

"He’s just got to get consistent.”

Michigan, which must replace starting cornerback David Long, has Ambry Thomas penciled into that role coming out of spring practice, opposite Lavert Hill. Zordich said he is pleased with the depth and mentioned Vincent Gray, Jaylen Kelly-Powell and Gemon Green as competitors for playing time.

Deleted member 2897

Here are the 12 guys (and counting) currently on our roster on defense rated 4-stars or higher by at least one agency:

* Myles Sims (Composite 4-star)
* Antonneous Clayton (composite 4-star, Rivals/ESPN 5-star)
* Wesley Walker (ESPN 4-star)
* Jay King (Composite 4-star)
* Justice Dingle (Rivals 4-star)
* TK Chimedza (ESPN 4-star)
* Gentry Bonds (Rivals 4-star)
* Tre Swilling (ESPN, Rivals 4-star)
* Bruce Jordan-Swilling (Composite 4-star)
* Jaytlin Askew (ESPN 4-star)
* Kaleb Oliver (Rivals 4-star)
* Jaquan Henderson (ESPN 4-star)

2020 Commits:
* Miles Brooks (Composite 4-star)

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Here are the 12 guys (and counting) currently on our roster on defense rated 4-stars or higher by at least one agency:

* Myles Sims (Composite 4-star)
* Antonneous Clayton (composite 4-star, Rivals/ESPN 5-star)
* Wesley Walker (ESPN 4-star)
* Jay King (Composite 4-star)
* Justice Dingle (Rivals 4-star)
* TK Chimedza (ESPN 4-star)
* Gentry Bonds (Rivals 4-star)
* Tre Swilling (ESPN, Rivals 4-star)
* Bruce Jordan-Swilling (Composite 4-star)
* Jaytlin Askew (ESPN 4-star)
* Kaleb Oliver (Rivals 4-star)
* Jaquan Henderson (ESPN 4-star)

2020 Commits:
* Miles Brooks (Composite 4-star)
And don't forget Juanyeh who is likely the leader of the defense and one of our top players, who was only graded out as a 3* in HS. Hindsight, he should've been a 4*. I really don't understand how he wasn't anyway, because I remember a lot of hype about him last year before he even showed his skills live in games.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The only thing that keeps me from agreeing with this is the fact that our front seven has been so bad for so long that it’s hard to put a lot of blame on the DBs.

Lol ****tin me. Pretty interesting how DB play plummeted when Coach Kelly left.

Front 7 has nothing to do with 7yd cushions and bailing to 15 in disguise of faux catch technique

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
And don't forget Juanyeh who is likely the leader of the defense and one of our top players, who was only graded out as a 3* in HS. Hindsight, he should've been a 4*. I really don't understand how he wasn't anyway, because I remember a lot of hype about him last year before he even showed his skills live in games.
And Tariq Carpenter. Dude is huge now.