Mutts

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

From the article:
Today there is nothing funny when football becomes the tail that wags the Bulldog. Georgia may well win a third national championship in the next season, and if it does, Athens authorities could have to contend with a rah-rah riot downtown, proving what writer Elbert Hubbard meant when he said, “College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture.”

slugboy

Staff member
I want to vomit. I guess the physical evidence wasn't there.

( Sent from AJC News )
So he is accused of rape by 2 women(one a football staffer), gets a sweetheart deal of 1 year in county lock up, no prison or registry. This was the same player who had 8 teammates and Gantt attend his court hearing.
While out on bond, was arrested twice more in metro ATL, once for kidnapping-battery-false imprionment, and once for dui with simple assult. Those have yet to be decided.

The last two paragraphs are truly disgusting.

(Steve) Sadow (attorney) said Anderson's sentence does not shut the door on his aspirations to play in the NFL.

"It's definitely not over with," Sadow said.

We’ve spent a lot of pixels talking about Gantt (sp?), but Sadow stands out to me. I think he was one of Ray Lewis’s “dream team” lawyers that got him acquitted after the Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s cheap. The UGA AA seems to have him on retainer for their athletes. Their legal fees have to be huge. I guess that’s a permissible benefit now.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We’ve spent a lot of pixels talking about Gantt (sp?), but Sadow stands out to me. I think he was one of Ray Lewis’s “dream team” lawyers that got him acquitted after the Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s cheap. The UGA AA seems to have him on retainer for their athletes. Their legal fees have to be huge. I guess that’s a permissible benefit now.
I guess NIL stands for "Not incarcerated Long" for mutt players.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Another one bites the dust.

From the yahoo article:
Ingram-Dawkins' citation marks at least the 14th time a Georgia player has been charged with speeding or racing/reckless driving since the Jan. 15 fatal crash in Athens that killed offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting staffer Chandler LeCroy.

From the outkick article:
“I’m disappointed anytime we have traffic incidents,” Kirby Smart said Tuesday. “It’s very evident when you look at it, we’ve had traffic citations and incidents throughout the history of being at the University of Georgia. We actually don’t have more now than we’ve had in the past.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Such a bad look for the school. I'd go to a nude beach if I had the same lack of shame the mutts do. (Fortunately for all yall, my shame is at an appropriate enough level to not go to one.)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Such a bad look for the school. I'd go to a nude beach if I had the same lack of shame the mutts do. (Fortunately for all yall, my shame is at an appropriate enough level to not go to one.)
I resemble that remark.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
A little more insight

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Sadow represented the owner of The Gold Club, Steve Kaplan, who was an associate of the Gambino crime family from NYC. So, he's a natural fit for the dwags.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My good friend who has decided to quit teaching at uga, has now decided to teach one more class this semester to keep the school from being short on qualified faculty. He has three athletes in his class. They all have permission from the administration to not attend classes if they don’t want to. Something about the rigors of practice. 🙄

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
My good friend who has decided to quit teaching at uga, has now decided to teach one more class this semester to keep the school from being short on qualified faculty. He has three athletes in his class. They all have permission from the administration to not attend classes if they don’t want to. Something about the rigors of practice. 🙄
I was going to click on the "wow" emoticon but upon reflection I'm not surprised in the least.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Does your good friend have permission from the administration to not pass them if he doesn’t want to?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Does your good friend have permission from the administration to not pass them if he doesn’t want to?
My friend is teaching his last semester for a reason.

Put another way, my friend graduated from uga and after grad school returned to uga to teach. He could stay there the rest of his life if he wanted. He’s not a big sports fan but always pulls for Tech against uga. He is not the first person I’ve heard of at uga to do that.

So much to say and so much between the lines. But the school is neck deep in ga politics and the good old boy structure of things. It hasn’t changed in my lifetime and I don’t expect it to change. Now, more than ever, they are the “wholesome family entertainment” that this state is really proud of. I don’t mean to sound bitter but knowing what a sham their athletic program is makes it hard to feel good about college football in general. They are the Crown Jewels that the NCAA shows off and that every other college program aspires to.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not technically a dawg but I'll give him to them for now ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/8cbce78e-fb0d-3e98-b3fb-64b6947dae1f/nebraska-tight-end-arik.html

According to a Lancaster County police report, at around 2 a.m. LPD was dispatched to a report of a burglary at SJ's Liqour and Vape Shop at 2645 O Street. Upon arrival, officers saw a glass door had been shattered with large cement chunks from the parking lot. Officers saw Gilbert walking toward the exit carrying a bag. Officers arrested 21-year-old Gilbert without incident.

Remember some folks, for a split second, were looking at this dude coming here. Yikes. Dude just can't get right.