Mutts

CEB

Helluva Engineer

Should be interesting to watch...

My son is over there now. He was at the game this weekend. Apparently the big push on campus is to crack down on jay walking. Multiple friends of his were ticketed (luckily not him); some for being just outside the crosswalk even though they were crossing at the proper time.
I guess with all the speeding, street racing and reckless driving going on in their football program, I should be thankful that they are taking steps to protect the pedestrians...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
“Another black eye for the University of Georgia football program suggesting that something is rotten in Athens. This is becoming an embarrassment for the SEC and one wonders when someone at the University, or at a conference level, is going to take Kirby Smart behind the woodshed for a tongue lashing. This is getting out of control and, if not addressed, no PR room or law firm will be able to salvage it.”

-the way ESPN would report this if they did real sports journalism rather than just cheerleading for the SEC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lets see, Stetson was in Athens for 6 or so years and with the Rams for 2-3 months. No way Kirby didn't know about this, one of these days its going to all come out what's going on over there and it ain't going to be pretty ...
And no one in the state, other than a few Tech fans, will really care. Winning really does cover a multitude of sins. Sometimes I hate this culture we’ve created.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Alot of "that may be true, but..." coming out from ugaaa.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

( Sent from AJC News )

Alot of "that may be true, but..." coming out from ugaaa.
'Attorney: football staff lacked permission to use university rented vehicle for “drinking and partying.”'

Except that they reportedly received implied if not explicit permission from their superiors. They were eager to get the surviving lady's personal cell phone as "part of their internal investigation". I don't know the actual facts, but if she can prove that they were told to, or allowed to use the vehicles after hours to ferry players around the official policy won't hold up in court. (Unless the trial is in Clark County and the jury is made up of die-hard mutt fans.)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the actual facts, but if she can prove that they were told to, or allowed to use the vehicles after hours to ferry players around the official policy won't hold up in court. (Unless the trial is in Clark County and the jury is made up of die-hard mutt fans.)
I can’t imagine they would request a change of venue…

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Alas, if only uga were flush with funds, then they could deny, delay, pick out some weak links to blame, and fight this tooth and toenail to the bitter end.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I see only one way out of this. Kirby Smart and the entire coaching staff need to be hauled into court for depositions before each of Georgia’s remaining football games. 😊

But, seriously, this remains heartbreaking precisely because of the stink and the way in which it all moved on so quickly from the tragedy of lost lives.