Mutts

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds to me like they're gonna keep it under wraps to prevent Clemson from gaining an advantage but will do the "right thing" and suspend Etienne for a game.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they hold off on suspending him until next week against Tennessee Tech due to "legalities in finalizing Etienne's plea deal".

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they hold off on suspending him until next week against Tennessee Tech due to "legalities in finalizing Etienne's plea deal".

That’s a fair assessment.

Since I’m still a peak delusion, I’ll go they’ll need him against Tenny Tech after losing to Clempson. And ultimately he’ll need to sit out the Birmingham bowl against ECU.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If I’m in Athens, just shoot me.
Yeah, you can be Thelma to my Louise

Friendship Hold Hands GIF by Thelma and Louise

Let's not get caught ... in Athens

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Shocking news…..Etienne suspended for the Clemson game.
ESPN with the audacity to report on Smart saying that his suspension “wasn’t necessarily going to be just one game”. Yeah, if week 2 wasn’t against Tenn. Tech, he would only be suspended one game. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is only suspended one game. Kirby doesn’t care about them getting arrested or in trouble, just as long as the charges get drastically reduced or dropped meaning he doesn’t have to “save face” with some perceived punishment. The fact that ESPN has had multiple opportunities to report on why so many players from last year to this year aren’t on the team without really bringing up the arrests and dismissals is pretty telling IMO.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
How much do you think the dwags paid her?

From the AJC:

A former University of Georgia recruiting analyst has settled her lawsuit with the school’s athletic association more than a year and a half after she was severely injured in a crash that also killed two other members of Georgia’s football program.

Attorneys for Victoria “Tory” Bowles said in a court filing last week they were dismissing their lawsuit “as a result of a compromise and agreement entered between the parties.” The terms of the settlement are unclear.

Bowles’ attorneys — Rob Buck and Phil Boston — declined to comment. A UGA spokesman issued a statement Tuesday explaining the decision to settle the case.
“The parties agreed to resolve Ms. Bowles’ claim to avoid further litigation, without either party admitting fault or assigning fault,” UGA spokesman Steven Drummond said.

Bowles was severely injured in a January 2023 crash that followed the university’s celebration of the Georgia football program’s back-to-back national championships. Georgia recruiting analyst Chandler LeCroy and offensive lineman Devin Willock died in the accident.

Athens-Clarke County police investigators said speeding and alcohol contributed to the crash that occurred during the early morning hours of Jan. 15, 2023. The group involved in the crash had been celebrating at a downtown Athens strip club with other UGA team members and left just minutes before the incident.

LeCroy, who was driving a Ford Expedition rented by the athletic association for the weekend’s celebration, had a blood-alcohol level of .197 — more than twice the legal limit.

Bowles filed her lawsuit in July 2023, accusing the athletic association of negligently entrusting the rental vehicle to LeCroy, who had a history of speeding. Her lawyers sought to undercut UGA’s claim that LeCroy was unauthorized to drive the vehicle by submitting into the court filings text messages between Bowles and other recruiting staff that revealed recruiters were regularly allowed to take the vehicles home overnight.Shortly after she filed suit, the university fired Bowles. In January, her attorneys said in a bombshell filing that Georgia coaches and staffers regularly drove UGA athletic association rental vehicles after drinking.

While the settlement closes the door on Bowles’ legal action against the athletic association, her lawsuit continues against LeCroy’s estate and former UGA football star Jalen Carter.
Carter was arrested in March 2023 and charged with two misdemeanors after an investigation determined he was racing LeCroy prior to the crash. He pleaded no contest and was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine and complete 12 months of community service. Attorneys for both Carter and LeCroy’s estate have denied liability.
UGA also faces a lawsuit from the Willock family, who has brought claims against the athletic association and others similar to the ones brought by Bowles.

Former UGA recruiting staff member Chandler LeCroy (L) and offensive lineman Devin Willock died in the Jan. 15, 2023 fatal crash in Athens. LeCroy was driving and Willock was a passenger in the vehicle that crashed.

Nearly 20 months after the crash, the fatal accident continues to loom over a program that continues to face persistent speeding and traffic violations by players. UGA football players and staff have been involved in at least 24 incidents and arrests related to speeding, reckless driving and driving under the influence since the January 2023 fatal crash.

In February, an Athens police officer who pulled over Georgia football players Justyn Rhett and Joenel Aguero for speeding and weaving through Athens traffic referenced the crash in a roadside lecture to the players.

“January, last year, what happened? People died, right?” the officer said, later adding, “Let’s not be a statistic, because guess who is going to show up and work that? Me.”