Mutts

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

From the article:
Defensive back David Daniel-Sisavanh was charged with reckless driving on Feb. 24 when police said a 2021 BMW340 I he was driving south on the I-75/I- 85 connector in Atlanta made multiple lane changes at high speed without using blinkers and led police on a pursuit, according to a Georgia Department of Public Safety police incident report.

Smart, athletic director Josh Brooks and local police have talked to players about the dangers that can come with such incidents.

“I think that's one of the areas that we've really tried to target, and I think we do it better than anybody in the country,” Smart said.

At least 10 players have been arrested or cited for reckless driving, racing or speeding this year.

From the article:
Mondon denied knowing Jones and said they hadn’t been racing. Jones told the officer he pulled over to check on his teammate.

Because Jones pulled over on his own and was not the primary car being pulled over, the officer did not arrest and only gave him a ticket for racing.

As Jones was leaving, the police report says Mondon leaned over and told him, “Do not say anything in the group chat.”

Apparently, there's a culture of street racing among the Ugaggers. But Kirby's talked to them about it "better than anybody in the country".

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Was Dedrick Mills suspended/booted because of breaking these rules, or does Tech have its own separate set of rules around stuff like this?

What could have been...

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck

This one’s even sadder.

At what point does ugag say enough is enough? It wasn't when people died, it wasn't when half the football team now has a record with the A-CC police department, will it be enough now that a player has been charged with cruelty to children? When do you finally realize selling your soul wasn't worth it?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
At what point does ugag say enough is enough? It wasn't when people died, it wasn't when half the football team now has a record with the A-CC police department, will it be enough now that a player has been charged with cruelty to children? When do you finally realize selling your soul wasn't worth it?
It will always be worth it for them. They spent so much time salivating over “success” that it became the ends justifying the means.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
From the espn article:

"It is Thomas' second arrest on family violence charges since transferring to Georgia from Mississippi State in 2023.

In January 2023, Thomas was arrested by University of Georgia police and accused of felony false imprisonment because he allegedly confined and detained a person "without legal authority by standing in front of the dorm room door, blocking the exit, telling her she cannot leave," according to an arrest warrant obtained by ESPN at the time.

Thomas was also accused of misdemeanor battery because he allegedly "did intentionally cause visible bodily harm [by] causing bruising to the right biceps and bruising and abrasion to her shins."

Those criminal charges were dropped by Athens-Clarke County District Attorney Deborah Gonzalez on March 8 after Thomas successfully completed a pretrial diversion program."

It's not even worth making fun of them at this point. I think it was Mark Richt who said "Everyone says the grass is greener on the other side, until you realize what is fertilizing the grass." or something along those lines when asked about why the mutts didn't recruit some players.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
What will it take to draw attention to the clear conflict of interest and inability of local (and likely state) law enforcement to protect and serve there? Clearly deaths weren’t enough.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
From the espn article:

"It is Thomas' second arrest on family violence charges since transferring to Georgia from Mississippi State in 2023.

In January 2023, Thomas was arrested by University of Georgia police and accused of felony false imprisonment because he allegedly confined and detained a person "without legal authority by standing in front of the dorm room door, blocking the exit, telling her she cannot leave," according to an arrest warrant obtained by ESPN at the time.

Thomas was also accused of misdemeanor battery because he allegedly "did intentionally cause visible bodily harm [by] causing bruising to the right biceps and bruising and abrasion to her shins."

Those criminal charges were dropped by Athens-Clarke County District Attorney Deborah Gonzalez on March 8 after Thomas successfully completed a pretrial diversion program."

It's not even worth making fun of them at this point. I think it was Mark Richt who said "Everyone says the grass is greener on the other side, until you realize what is fertilizing the grass." or something along those lines when asked about why the mutts didn't recruit some players.

Richt, unlike Visor Boy, at least somewhat cared about some image and discipline measures.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
From the espn article:

Had a Tech player done that, he would have been kicked off the team last January.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd say it's more 'expected' than 'sad'. Seems like this is his second arrest for similar incidents. It's like I tell my kids, when people show you what they are it's your job to believe them.
Innocent until proven guilty. Don't know any details, but sometimes allegations are thrown around and then the truth comes out. I'm hoping that's the situation here. Unfortunately, where there's smoke...but we don't know the details. When it comes out that he is guilty, under the court house.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
From the espn article:

Someone needs to whip his *** and teach him how to respect women.

Simple battery can be as simple as pushing someone. I wonder what the circumstances around 2 battery charges and cruelty to children were. Is someone under the age of majority considered a child?

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Innocent until proven guilty. Don't know any details, but sometimes allegations are thrown around and then the truth comes out. I'm hoping that's the situation here. Unfortunately, where there's smoke...but we don't know the details. When it comes out that he is guilty, under the court house.

That sounds correct but you’re assuming it’s not a kangaroo court… Jalen Carter was racing at 3am with a suspended license, left the scene of an accident with multiple fatalities, did not call 911 nor was given any sort of field sobriety test. And got off with a $100 fine (and got his license back).