Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Sigh. This comes up couple of days. You don't get to tell fans how to be fans and you don't get to say what they can discuss in regards to the team they support. If the mods want to turn this site into a non negative promotional marketing site for the team then by all means they are in their rights to do so. As long as they are using it as a discussion forum, negative things may be discussed while the team is having negative results. That is just reality.
Although it is soccer, not American football, the University of Sussex studied "fandom" and found that most fans experience a negative relationship with their team. Specifically, "“Despite making them less happy overall, it seems football fans are willing to endure this (the negative feelings for when the team loses) for the rush of pleasure when their team does actually win, despite the payoff not being as great as the pain of losing."

This was found from a survey of 32,000 and is at odds with most people think of as "fans". So the message is ... it isn't just Tech. It is pretty much universal. Have a beer and relax.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe condense it to one post:
Fire CGC.
No. He needs more time.
Why? He has only won 3 games per year.
Paul Johnson left the cupboard bare.
CPJ was a better coach.
CGC still has Thacker as DC.
Maybe Thacker will do better.
I hope we’re better next year but I doubt it.
We will be.
This thread is hurting our recruiting.
No our record is. Return to Fire CGC above

That's it....a synopsis of over 330 pages. I think I am going to delete everything else here and sticky this to the top so we can all move on. ;)

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Those who want to censor speech don’t realize how many recruits, their families, and high school coaches don’t want them to consider GT until this coach is gone. Gibbs just told you what high end players are talking about. If anything, this thread is telling 7th-10th graders that the GT fanbase actually cares about winning. Much like every high school kid knew us as the “option” school for years they now think of us as the most losing southern D1 school. That’s way worse. I’m rooting for Collins because another disastrous year and we’ll have players we are trying to recruit in 10th and 11th grade who haven’t seen us win since they were in 6th grade. That’s way worse than anything posted on a message board.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Those who want to censor speech don’t realize how many recruits, their families, and high school coaches don’t want them to consider GT until this coach is gone. Gibbs just told you what high end players are talking about. If anything, this thread is telling 7th-10th graders that the GT fanbase actually cares about winning. Much like every high school kid knew us as the “option” school for years they now think of us as the most losing southern D1 school. That’s way worse. I’m rooting for Collins because another disastrous year and we’ll have players we are trying to recruit in 10th and 11th grade who haven’t seen us win since they were in 6th grade. That’s way worse than anything posted on a message board.
That might be true if GT didn’t just sign two 4-star DTs for the first time ever, when the last time we’d signed a 4-star DT at all was 2010. Plus an elite 11 QB who decommitted from Big 12 and Sugar Bowl champ Baylor to come to GT.

Nobody wants to see that a coach actively recruiting their son/brother/nephew/player/student might get fired, and have countless people rooting for his termination. Especially not one who has been preaching having a plan for the future, and who’s primary draw among active players and recruits is being genuine and a players’ coach. Everyone knows Tech is struggling, they don’t need to go on a message board to see it. They probably also know that Collins’ seat is hot. I’m sure many recruits and their parents have asked some questions about the subject. This thread isn’t raising any awareness for those issues, all it’s doing is giving more reason for potential recruits and their families, coaches, and advisors more reasons to doubt and stay away from Tech. When it appears that half of the (already incredibly small) fanbase has given up on the program and belittles everyone involved with it, why would they want to send their kid here?

Gibbs’ departure doesn’t really tell you anything. His position coach left and he was given an opportunity to go play on a team who is all but guaranteed to compete for a national title. What do Spencer Rattler’s, Caleb Williams’, Dillon Gabriel’s, Quinn Ewers, Max Johnson etc. departures tell you? Probably not much other than they had coaching changes, or were given opportunities to play for title contenders, or in Ewers case just finessed the NIL system.

slugboy

Staff member
Mods support the change, hence 330 pages of this garbage. If they didn't, this would've been nuked a long time for violations of the stickies at the top.
Yes. There are secretly only 8 real members of this forum other than the mods—the rest are sock puppet accounts we use to keep pushing this thread to the top. We know that TStan reads this forum every day and is about to change his mind on Collins based on this thread.
The many times we’ve warned the 8 real users about name calling of the coaches are a transparent attempt to cover up our secret plan by pretending to push for good decorum.
Ted Danson Lol GIF by The Good Place

JacketFan137

Banned
It's not just NIU - it's the cumulative effect of the NIU loss out of the gate following consecutive 3-win seasons, and then came the rest of the 2021 season on top of it.
NIU wasn't the biggest straw, but it was the last straw - the one that broke the camel's back.
well collins is still here so it did not lol

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
the NIU loss actually wasn’t as bad as originally thought in retrospect whether people want to admit it or not. we’ve lost to considerably worse teams under collins, johnson and gailey tbh
But Collins is the one that won 3 games in each of the two years preceding it, and then followed it with another 3-win season - as I pointed out and you ignored. Do you know what the "cumulative effect" is?

JacketFan137

Banned
Obviously, I was referring to the fans "lol" Zzzzzzzz....

The only reason Collins is still here is because we can't afford to fire him.
supposedly we did and stansbury is sticking with him. i get that basketball is doing well but in my opinion if collins goes stansbury has hitched his wagon to him and should be gone as well

JacketFan137

Banned
But Collins is the one that won 3 games in each of the two years preceding it, and then followed it with another 3-win season - as I pointed out and you ignored. Do you know what the "cumulative effect" is?
i didn’t really ignore it my guy i wasn’t responding to you. idk why you’re attacking me over this lol