Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That might be true if GT didn’t just sign two 4-star DTs for the first time ever, when the last time we’d signed a 4-star DT at all was 2010. Plus an elite 11 QB who decommitted from Big 12 and Sugar Bowl champ Baylor to come to GT.

Nobody wants to see that a coach actively recruiting their son/brother/nephew/player/student might get fired, and have countless people rooting for his termination. Especially not one who has been preaching having a plan for the future, and who’s primary draw among active players and recruits is being genuine and a players’ coach. Everyone knows Tech is struggling, they don’t need to go on a message board to see it. They probably also know that Collins’ seat is hot. I’m sure many recruits and their parents have asked some questions about the subject. This thread isn’t raising any awareness for those issues...
You could have stopped right there.

It isn't doing any harm, either, because everyone is well aware of it, just like you said.

JacketFan137

Banned
It wasn't the only bad loss, but it was the worst loss in a nine-loss season.
boston college was a way worse loss and for some reason that game has evaded half the criticism as the northern illinois loss

i guess both had the backup qb but bc we genuinely played worse

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I just want a football coach who can build a good staff (i.e., they actually coach guys up), make us competitive against the above average programs, and win more than our fair share.

I could care less what scheme they run. And our fan base should have the same attitude. The whole scheme thing is badly overdone.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
boston college was a way worse loss and for some reason that game has evaded half the criticism as the northern illinois loss

i guess both had the backup qb but bc we genuinely played worse
Whichever. There were seven of them besides ND/Ugag, so take your pick. The one that disappointed me the most was Virginia Tech.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Whichever. There were seven of them besides ND/Ugag, so take your pick. The one that disappointed me the most was Virginia Tech.
Yeah, hard to argue that the BC loss was worse than VT when BC beat them easily the week before our game. NIU was certainly the worst team we lost to. The worst loss for me though was ND. We didn’t even remotely compete in that game. We looked like a bad FCS team against a team that beat FSU, Toledo and VT by 3 points. NBC designed a broken wreck graphic to laugh at how bad we are. Just embarrassing and demoralizing all around.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, hard to argue that the BC loss was worse than VT when BC beat them easily the week before our game. NIU was certainly the worst team we lost to. The worst loss for me though was ND. We didn’t even remotely compete in that game. We looked like a bad FCS team against a team that beat FSU, Toledo and VT by 3 points. NBC designed a broken wreck graphic to laugh at how bad we are. Just embarrassing and demoralizing all around.
Yeah, after I thought about it, I concur. Lots of quit in that one is what made it the worst.

JacketFan137

Banned
that wasnt BC's back up QB. that was the starter who missed half the year with a wrist injury
i meant both games we played the majority of it with a backup qb who couldn’t even run our offense. sims in the whole game probably easily wins BC. northern illinois our defense couldn’t stop the run in the second half so idk

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The last time something interesting was posted in this thread is on page 3.
It's filler, man.
I'm hoping in September things will turn around and we'll all be posting fresh content on the neglected and forgotten "Hire Geoff Collins" thread, if we can find it.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’

“‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’”

— Luke 13:6–9

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
It's filler, man.
I'm hoping in September things will turn around and we'll all be posting fresh content on the neglected and forgotten "Hire Geoff Collins" thread, if we can find it.
Exactly! It has to build up to the climatic conclusion. Its one of those shows that could have lots of twists and turns and until the final ending is revealed. You have to roll with it

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
i meant both games we played the majority of it with a backup qb who couldn’t even run our offense. sims in the whole game probably easily wins BC. northern illinois our defense couldn’t stop the run in the second half so idk
So in your opinion we would have beaten NIU had Sims stayed in there and Yates is the reason we lost? That is certainly an interesting take on it.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So in your opinion we would have beaten NIU had Sims stayed in there and Yates is the reason we lost? That is certainly an interesting take on it.

I think Sims gave us a better chance to win than Yates in any situation.

And yeah, he played bad in the first half. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have turned things around in the second.