Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Florida fans seem to think Mullen refuses to recruit, and that the trajectory of the program was nose diving with him at the helm.
The UF fans have any evidence of slides in recruiting ? Should be some records to back this claim up, if true.
Found this :
Wish we could get this type of notice.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The UF fans have any evidence of slides in recruiting ? Should be some records to back this claim up, if true.
Found this :
Wish we could get this type of notice.
Top 20 players in HS per 247 shows that UF has one player ranked who is #20. That is a huge problem and why Mullen is getting the axe ( in addition to this years performance)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Top 20 players in HS per 247 shows that UF has one player ranked who is #20. That is a huge problem and why Mullen is getting the axe ( in addition to this years performance)
Per Bruce Feldman, Mullen had the reputation of running an undisciplined program. And Collins used to work for Mullen.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Tough conference pressure there in recruiting. Sometimes when have productive freshmen starting at skill positions already, it's hard to get talent that has a promise from some school to start day one. Just a thought ?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Per Bruce Feldman, Mullen had the reputation of running an undisciplined program. And Collins used to work for Mullen.
Well, I have no idea if Collins runs a "disciplined" program or not - based on how "player-friendly" it appears to be, I doubt it seriously.

But, Collins also worked for sa(t)an, and we know that program is run with utmost discipline. I am also confident that O'Leary ran a very disciplined program, so Collins could have been influenced by any of these men.

I kind of think he is running it that way "he always thought it should be run", with the players being treated more like equals instead of underlings. And, as a parent and grandparent, I can tell you confidently that most 18-22 year olds need discipline, but of course, you know that. :)

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Well, I have no idea if Collins runs a "disciplined" program or not - based on how "player-friendly" it appears to be, I doubt it seriously.

But, Collins also worked for sa(t)an, and we know that program is run with utmost discipline. I am also confident that O'Leary ran a very disciplined program, so Collins could have been influenced by any of these men.

I kind of think he is running it that way "he always thought it should be run", with the players being treated more like equals instead of underlings. And, as a parent and grandparent, I can tell you confidently that most 18-22 year olds need discipline, but of course, you know that. :)
Amen to that !

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Collins never coached for Saban. He was in Player Development. I doubt he attended a single meeting with Saban.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
the good word:

Tech beat uGag in basketball last night in Athens.

Now back to b8%^&ing about Collins.
Any coach, in any sport, that beats UGA has secured good will among Yellow Jacket fans and the AD. Watching the game, I did not think UGA was very good but they played their tails off. Their problem was they had no answer for Devoe. Good win.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No one is coughing up $13 million. No one is coughing up $7 million. GT still paying coaches not to coach. It’s not happening.
That is what I think but at some point an AD will only tolerate so much. We can't afford to pay him not to coach. Probably stuck with him for a while but I do not think this is going to get any better.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately, his mediocre seasons look much better than Collins’ results. I was very excited when Collins was hired, but this has gotten beyond embarrassing. And I am infuriates me why he will not even make any effort to acknowledge how awful it is in his press conferences.
Well, if you were in his shoes would you want to talk about it? I am sure he would rather look at his portfolio and bank account.