Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I’ve already made a lengthy post regarding Collins’ hire and the other potential hires from that year. Who else would he have hired that would have been more successful for a cheaper or similar contract? The available coaches from that class were very weak
It don't matter we suck with this coaching staff if you like the great you are about the only one

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Perfectly stated
I’m a fan of GT. 3x alumnus.
Not a fan of a glutinous (Waffle House) dufus
Can anyone give me a legitimate reason why Stansbury should be relieved of his duties? Collins hasn’t worked out, but ADTS has done literally everything else right. Fire him and we go from one mediocre team to all of them being mediocre
because he hired a used car salesman (who isn’t so keen on alumni and fans) and gave him a 7 year contract. Couldn’t do that in my job! Why should tstan?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What I mean is insert him in a position between Tstan and Collins. Let him approve the assistant coaching hires. I do mean bringing him in as head ball coach. Collins has made this such a mess we need someone to make the decisions regarding the actual program.

We have no choice but to retain Collins due to cost but he has proven incapable of leading the program.
Than tell Duke to move over we will be the worse for many more years

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Have you ever heard TStan speak? If so, do you still believe he's someone who knows how to make good hiring decisions? Just look at how he allowed this coach to con him. Thinking with his heart, not his brain.

But hey, at least all the players know that Geoff loves them. That's what really matters here.
He is is similar to Geoff in the way they answer direct questions… they don’t.

GTcanWINagain

Banned
Can anyone give me a legitimate reason why Stansbury should be relieved of his duties? Collins hasn’t worked out, but ADTS has done literally everything else right. Fire him and we go from one mediocre team to all of them being mediocre
Easy: Football is the only program that really matters. I am a season ticket holder to both GT football and basketball, so the apathy that still infects hoops will do far more damage to us if prolonged at 55K seat BDS than 8K McCamish. Oh yeah, thanks to all on here for buying and attending hoops during the last decade.

SJBryan

Georgia Tech Fan
Yep, the embarrassment that’s playing out on national tv is all due to our quarterback :ROFLMAO:
Nope not all due to him but I do see 14 points off of him on basic stupid just give it away plays. I was also implying that we could at least try others as it was not totally jump on the QB rant.

GTcanWINagain

Banned
I’ve already made a lengthy post regarding Collins’ hire and the other potential hires from that year. Who else would he have hired that would have been more successful for a cheaper or similar contract? The available coaches from that class were very weak
It is clear to me that our beloved football is on the wrong course…the entire US now is aware that Georgia Tech Football is, as of 2021, a uncompetitive program in a down Power 5 ACC! This is completely unacceptable to me.

slugboy

Staff member
I'm afraid this is an Angel Cabrera problem now. You can't allow yourself to be humiliated on national TV.
I am afraid I agree with you. That was such a poor performance that I cringed to see the Georgia Tech “ad” during the game. You can screw up, but when you screw up that big there will be consequences.

One quibble: Paul was not a bad recruiter. He ran system offense and he always got the players who could do what he wanted to do. Not that he wouldn't have wanted some of the 5 star types, but he got what he needed to make the O work. The D recruiting - up to the DCs - was always decent, except at DT. We kept getting good recruits there and having them leave after a year or two.
Those two statements contradict each other. The recruiting buck stops with the head coach, for all players. If Paul wasn’t responsible for the D recruiting, then he was a bad recruiter.

I think he did have a hand in defensive recruiting, for what it’s worth, and he started as a defensive coach.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
It is clear to me that our beloved football is on the wrong course…the entire US now is aware that Georgia Tech Football is, as of 2021, a uncompetitive program in a down Power 5 ACC! This is completely unacceptable to me.

It might be worse soon. People will forget GT Football even exists. The last two games before ND were not even on TV channels I get and I only live one state over. GT isn't even going to be on regular TV unless they play Clemson, UGA, or ND.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I was tossing out a name. If you have a better one in mind (or even a realistic one), I'd love to hear it. I'm at the point of thinking we're in an unrecoverable situation. No coaching, no money, no options..
Say you're TStan. You call Collins and Key to the office first thing tomorrow. Firing them is easy, but unrealistic, IMO.

What do you do?
Resign in disgrace and apologize

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So real question at this point, if your Tstan , what do you do knowing the funding issue and that he was your hire.

Do you ask Collins to fire his staff or do you fire Collins / ask him to resign .

We're stuck in a big hole now