Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

On another note, CPJ has said unless he gets an offer from a "special" program, he is going to remain retired. By no means is GT a "factory level" program, but I think CPJ saw enough towards the end of coaching at GT that he knows what comes with coaching a program on the P5 level. I'm not referring to the on field stuff...I believe that's what CPJ enjoyed the most. It's all of the politics with the administration and the donors that wore on CPJ. This isn't CPJ specific, because it happens to every coach at the P5 level, but CPJ was just tired of having to battle for raises for his assistants, getting money to expand support staff, and getting other things to help his team. If you listened to CPJ, there was a money issue in terms of support, and a LOT of that had to do with certain ADs trying to "starve out" CPJ (see: AD Sasquatch). CPJ was REALLY close to quitting from what I've heard, but Sasquatch left for Purdue, and TStan was hired just in time. TStan was able to get CPJ more money, but there was a faction of donors that refused to give any more money until CPJ was gone because they wanted a fresh start. Some of those donors continue to bad mouth CPJ to this day from what I've been told. If you listened to some of what CPJ said to the media, and post retirement, it was aimed at certain donors who continue to downplay what CPJ did here.

Although I thought it was time for GT to turn the page and have a new guy with new ideas come in, I thought it was a shame CPJ didn't get to go out the way he deserved. I'm still waiting for them to announce a day to honor CPJ and what he did for GT during his decade here. The longer it goes by that we don't have a special day for CPJ, the more I shake my head. I get that it's still raw and the new staff may bristle at the old coach being honored when the new regime is still trying to find their way, but CPJ did some REALLY great things here. I say it all the time, some of the best GT football moments for me came during the CPJ years.

On another note, those who keep taking potshots at CGC have lost the plot. This isn't a CPJ or CGC thing. It's a GT thing. I promise you CPJ would be first in line to say that he wants what's best for GT. So should the fans. When you root for CGC to fail, you are rooting for GT to fail. I think it's more than fair to criticize the on the field stuff, but some of this other stuff in unbecoming. We don't need to insult CPJ to make CGC look good, or vice versa.

After many years CPJ, quit on new AD w no notice.
Just kidding !

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In 3 years from now Collins will be a defensive position coach somewhere in the SEC, probably at a school west of Alabama. He’ll be happy with his fat investment account and we’ll still be looking for a P5 QB and begging fans to come back with Chik-Fil-A 4 packs. There are plenty of young coaches who take this job tomorrow at reduced rates. Sure, we’d lose them the minute they succeeded but at least we’d stabilize the program.
Patriot league or bust.

slugboy

Staff member
[troll]

Well the Coastal is garbage this fall
Yet you've managed to play losing ball
And you can blame Geoff
Or maybe the refs
But I doubt it'd have happened to Paul

[/troll]

**Edit: Whoops, this was supposed to be on the Limerick thread
I cooooooould move it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On offense, I’d love to pair some of the big plays we have now with the consistency we had with Paul. It doesn’t work that way, but it’d be nice.

I also think PJ was getting worn down his last few seasons. 2010 PJ would run through the coastal this year.

This has been a really frustrating year. I did some grad teaching while I was at GT, and graded a lot of tests where I knew the student doing the test could do much better, but between careless errors and just not doing the thing I’d watched them do effortlessly two days before, they just self-immolated. This feels the same way to me.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I cooooooould move it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On offense, I’d love to pair some of the big plays we have now with the consistency we had with Paul. It doesn’t work that way, but it’d be nice.

I also think PJ was getting worn down his last few seasons. 2010 PJ would run through the coastal this year.

This has been a really frustrating year. I did some grad teaching while I was at GT, and graded a lot of tests where I knew the student doing the test could do much better, but between careless errors and just not doing the thing I’d watched them do effortlessly two days before, they just self-immolated. This feels the same way to me.
Lolol, I put the troll marking there to indicate that it wasn't a serious argument and that it didn't merit serious discussion. You have given far more effort than that post deserves :)

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
Like I said in a post a few weeks ago if we lose at the last six this year which we done lost the first 3 and we lose 1 of 4 next year with our only win would be western Carolina then we be 1 for 10 then Collins will be shown the door. So just be patient only 7 more games in the Collins era

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Like I said in a post a few weeks ago if we lose at the last six this year which we done lost the first 3 and we lose 1 of 4 next year with our only win would be western Carolina then we be 1 for 10 then Collins will be shown the door. So just be patient only 7 more games in the Collins era
By that time the student athletes would have lost a ton the last 4 years…. Just think about that