Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Fire Brent Key and Thacker as soon as the season wraps up. Key is a damn joke of a coach. Thacker's inexperience is showing. Collins won't be fired but he needs to fire those two clowns.

Key is on a 2 year deal, so that will cost 650k. I would roll with him another year and hope the OL is healthy and finally gels.

I don't like calling for anyone to lose a gig, but I would look hard at Thacker, Burton, Popovich, Wiesehan if changes have to happen.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Key is on a 2 year deal, so that will cost 650k. I would roll with him another year and hope the OL is healthy and finally gels.

I don't like calling for anyone to lose a gig, but I would look hard at Thacker, Burton, Popovich, Wiesehan if changes have to happen.
Why not P? Thacker gave up some yards today but defense is what kept us in the game, with some key turnovers. Frankly our defensive penalties were probably the most damaging thing today, sustaining drives early.

P play calling was terrible today. First down was a wasted down today—so predictable. Why not try a screen pass down the stretch? Miami was sending numbers and the only way we were really moving the ball anyways was dumping off to our RBs and letting them create.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Why not P? Thacker gave up some yards today but defense is what kept us in the game, with some key turnovers. Frankly our defensive penalties were probably the most damaging thing today, sustaining drives early.

P play calling was terrible today. First down was a wasted down today—so predictable. Why not try a screen pass down the stretch? Miami was sending numbers and the only way we were really moving the ball anyways was dumping off to our RBs and letting them create.

Patenaude should be under review, as well. Just neglected to mention him.

I like what Choice, Dixon, Knight and Coleman have done so far.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually don't think Key is a bad coach. He is incredibly overrated as a recruiter though, and we could use that salary to entice a better OC/DC. We should have let him go to USC this off-season. The price we pay for him, we need way more progress or way more 4* recruits from him.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Fire Brent Key and Thacker as soon as the season wraps up. Key is a damn joke of a coach. Thacker's inexperience is showing. Collins won't be fired but he needs to fire those two

I thought the Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey circus was out of business.these 4 clowns can be found on the tech sidelines on saturdays.not much help in the critical area of Recuiting or Coaching.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Move over Jahmyr Gibbs thread, we have a new king. Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back
newlogo_trial19.png

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s gonna be tough but IMO DC and OC got to change. Keeping most of the assistants is ok. I think it comes down to play calling and oversight of the process in order to flip the close games in our favor. It is not pure luck.

I get the feeling that the assistants are frustrated because they work hard to prepare the kids but the play calling and overall game plan has been short.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
It’s gonna be tough but IMO DC and OC got to change. Keeping most of the assistants is ok. I think it comes down to play calling and oversight of the process in order to flip the close games in our favor. It is not pure luck.

I get the feeling that the assistants are frustrated because they work hard to prepare the kids but the play calling and overall game plan has been short.
I wouldn't invest a single penny if CGC is still in the picture. He needs to win with what he's got or get out.

New coordinators will not help his cause, he's just not HC material.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Is Collins getting any heat from the Atlanta sports radio media? I haven't heard the guys on 680 the Fan or 92.9 The Game say anything bad about him. I do remember their disdain for Paul Johnson and were happy to see him go.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Is Collins getting any heat from the Atlanta sports radio media? I haven't heard the guys on 680 the Fan or 92.9 The Game say anything bad about him. I do remember their disdain for Paul Johnson and were happy to see him go.
I listened to 680 after the post game. Not an ATeam crew but they did mention that things should be better than they are in year 3 and that we likely need some changes on the staff.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
The similarities are uncanny:
IMG_20211107_094035.jpg

Bryan VanGorder complied a very similar record, came with a defensive background, hung around a bunch of factory/NFL teams in that capacity, talked a bunch of crap about the 3O after inheriting GASouthern.

The only difference is that GASouthern was smart enough to nip that failed experiment in the bud. Why is Tech so dumb when it comes to the athletic department?!?!

Link

Geoff
IMG_20211107_094644.jpg

Link

Career win pct:

43.18% vs 42.86%

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I think we are largely off their radar at the moment. Braves, dwags, etc

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
As pissed as I am about the current situation and as much as I want to say, “fire everyone,” there’s some positives happening.

Last season, every loss was 10+ points. This season, every loss except Pitt is <10 points. We’re getting better and the games are getting closer.

I feel like an idiot claiming “good losses.” But it’s hard to argue that we’re moving in the right direction. Just not as fast as we hoped.