Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I can't believe so many people on here thought Collins was going to be a better coach than Paul Johnson. Lol
They all thought we needed a modern offense instead of one that worked. Oh look how much CPJ's offense held the defense back. Well this modern Offense the Defense has to practice against sure is doing a number to make our defense the worst in the country. Individuals are smart. hordes of people are idiots. We had a horde of anti Paul Johnson that latched on to ever falsehood. So much confirmation bias was going on

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
They all thought we needed a modern offense instead of one that worked. Oh look how much CPJ's offense held the defense back. Well this modern Offense the Defense has to practice against sure is doing a number to make our defense the worst in the country. Individuals are smart. hordes of people are idiots. We had a horde of anti Paul Johnson that latched on to ever falsehood. So much confirmation bias was going on
I agree, and many of our fans in GA were just embarrassed by the O. They actually let UGAGGERS bother them with the high school offense nonsense.

I agree if we had spent the $$ to get behind what we had, it would have been much better than this by a longshot.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Too many penalties. Very bland play calling at time in critical situations. Bad blocking. Not sure we did anything really well but did spring Gibbs for some nice runs. Not sure we can win another game this year. TStan needs to have a very serious heart to heart with Collins about his staff. What he is doing isn't working. 17 points is pathetic.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The big donors are such complete idiots. If they had only given CPJ the resources they are giving this clown show instead of starve him out the way they did, how would things look different.
But that is how it works. You don't need to be smart if you have $$$. TStan threw all his weight into the money guys and they HATED the TO. Hated. They want a Cadillac but have a Yugo budget. But it's what greases the skids so TStan bent over and said, "Whatever you want boys'. And here is where we sit.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don’t get how our defense got so much worse when the turnover occurred. Our Defense was actually pretty good pre CGC. Like good enough to hold major teams to striking distance of a triple option offense. How do you take a unit like that which is good and completely balls it up to the point that every team has record setting offensive games against us. I don’t get it. We weren’t this bad. Our recruiting has improved. By all means our defense should be getting better.

But it isn’t.

I can’t blame anyone but Thacker. You have the talent and the d obviously was performing well before and now it isn’t. What changed? Who changed? I hate blanking saying this stuff. But I really think Thacker is just not it.

Speaking of Offense, what are we doing? We may as well be telling the Defense what plays we run as soon as we break the huddle. WHO RUNS PLAY ACTION DOWN 2 POSSESIONS WITH UNDER 4 MINUTES. The defense wasn’t fooled all game. We’ve taken players like Gibbs who seemed larger than life in ha and turned him into a mortal. We’ve taken great players like pre season All American Jordan Williams and let him fade out from any recognition.

Our playcalling sucks. It sucks it sucks it sucks. Oh my word I could use a dartboard to call plays better. I think anyone who played NCAA ‘14 on Xbox is more qualified to call plays than who we have now.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Too many penalties. Very bland play calling at time in critical situations. Bad blocking. Not sure we did anything really well but did spring Gibbs for some nice runs. Not sure we can win another game this year. TStan needs to have a very serious heart to heart with Collins about his staff. What he is doing isn't working. 17 points is pathetic.
What I would do is hire a retired proven College or Pro coach to sit down with Collins every Sunday. He would dissect every play and go over what worked and didn’t work. Then help him make a game plan for each week.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I loved PJ, but what we need is a real coaching staff. The option wasn’t the magic sauce, the man was.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So far Collins is racking up more memorable losses than wins, not only that no bowls and likely another massive blowout by UGA this year. Hard to really get excited about the direction of this rebuild until something is done to fix the bleeding

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
DC and likely OC are gone after this year. With 9 wins in three years the seat is warm. He starts slow he doesn’t survive year 4. Been saying it since year 1. We are in the Bi** Le*** zone now. (I think we have been for a long time). We’re an embarrassment

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The staff didn’t choose to go for it on that 4th and 2 and make the game all about one play. Yet another really poor game management decision at a critical moment.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
DC and likely OC are gone after this year. With 9 wins in three years the seat is warm. He starts slow he doesn’t survive year 4. Been saying it since year 1. We are in the Bi** Le*** zone now. (I think we have been for a long time). We’re an embarrassment
The sad part CGC will not change them out and who would come here to work for CGC ?