Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
Key Takeaways from your concise:
1. Collins is GT FB HC through 2023
2. Stop criticizing his coaching
3. Help him be successful so offer him more $
4. OC / DC need upgrades, not the HC
5. Commit 1-4 to memory
6. GTAA is too broke to replace Collins

SWATlien - Anything else Collins needs from us fans? Is a 50% increase in Tech Fund levels for 2022 going to be enough for next season’s marketing campaign?

Please let us all know! Give my regards to Geoff for guiding us through the “mother of all coaching transitions”!

:)
I like your points; however, GC has not shown the ability to manage minute by minute. Giving him access to unfettered funds is ill-advised. He needs strict guidance while grows or goes. This is a results oriented business that is the face of every major college. It is responsible for recruiting students, funding the minor sports and women’s sports. It is a challenge to tech with its increasingly international alumni base. Many will never step foot back on the campus and don’t give a rip about American football.
It’s time to form a joint partnership between the athletic department, alumni association, school of business——brainstorm with MBA candidates and study groups to study this unique situation. Almost all schools’ football programs are charisma driven by the HC. (Like churches, polical parties) The school needs an organized all encompassing approach who treats the HC description deliberately. Give these guys help. It’s no wonder The Bobby’s, Nicks and Bears are singular instead of plural!

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
The wide receiver room is in good shape. The OL room is growing but in the best conference the the OL doesn’t show improvement until their junior years. These DO require coaching. These guys are not “plug and play“ like your video games would have you believe. Who are YOU going to walk in and take away from Georgia, Bama, Auburn, ole Miss, etc. It takes relationships to woo 4 and 5 stars to your school. In Tech’s case getting 3 stars has been a stretch. This programmer put in the crapper by the school and ADs. It was deliberate. It will take a long time time and commitment to get this program out of the sewer. THERE IS NO DIVINE SAVIOR. What is your answer other than fire a man? Tell us all.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
GC seemed to be an up and coming coach and a lights out recruiter.

No. He seemed to be a guy with limited experience and results who had some recruiting success in a previous life here. He is/was an effort to go a different direction - energy, recruiting, love of Tech, that kind of thing. Oh, and hopefully he could coach or bring a staff that could coach.

No doubt he has energy. No doubt he has raised our recruiting if you go by stars.

The jury is no longer out on his coaching ability or that of the staff. Overall, they get very poor grades. Too many mental mistakes on the field and a lack of discipline. The sideline decisions have been mind numbingly bad. Edit to add: There's nothing revolutionary or even evolutionary about the schemes we run either. I swear we are running schemes from a generic playbook someone found on the sidelines in 2014.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Gibbs is getting lots of attention at GT though. He is the central point of our offense (ok limited offense). Before yesterday, he was number 2 in all purpose yards. Going to a top program will likely cut his production because it will be shared among other high level talent. I am not saying he won't move but if the goal it to get to the next level, I think he already has attention.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The other real discussion is does Stansbury survive this if he doesn't do something proactively. Yes I am well aware the administration doesn't pay a lot of attention to athletics. But if revenue significantly declines, I think everything comes into play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The amount of chatter on this board about the future of the FB program tells me that TStan has to force changes made by Collins. He would probably have to make the biggest change if he had the money but that is not likely. He can force other changes. The numbers over the last 3 years will make it happen. He would probably like to keep our HC if at all possible to save face for such a bad hire in the first place. He can get a $1M for staff upgrades easier than a total buyout this year.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
The amount of chatter on this board about the future of the FB program tells me that TStan has to force changes made by Collins. He would probably have to make the biggest change if he had the money but that is not likely. He can force other changes. The numbers over the last 3 years will make it happen. He would probably like to keep our HC if at all possible to save face for such a bad hire in the first place. He can get a $1M for staff upgrades easier than a total buyout this year.
I think you have to do that as an AD- he hired the guy now he has to support him with what he needs to succeed. To spend 14 million on a buyout would be a bad way to spend 14 million.