Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, we're closing the "margin" with our "elite" coaching staff, who is doing their jobs at a "high level". All BS that Collins keeps spewing and people keep believing. Until enough people wise up, we're stuck. Stuck with a joke of a DC, stuck with an embarrassment of an OC stuck with a coat tail riding fraud of a HC. Collins should get a job at Waffle House, maybe he can cook hashbrowns without screwing it up.

Do you honestly think Collins could keep multiple orders straight at the grill at WH?? No way in the world anyone would get their correct order. 😐

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, we're closing the "margin" with our "elite" coaching staff, who is doing their jobs at a "high level". All BS that Collins keeps spewing and people keep believing. Until enough people wise up, we're stuck. Stuck with a joke of a DC, stuck with an embarrassment of an OC stuck with a coat tail riding fraud of a HC. Collins should get a job at Waffle House, maybe he can cook hashbrowns without screwing it up.
I just watched his presser. It's not even fun to poke fun at him anymore. I'm just over the "greatest rebuild in the history of earth". Butch Jones.

I would like to to see GT competitive on the field. But TStan and Collins have driven this program into the ground. It's very sad.

JeepinJacket

Banned
One quibble: Paul was not a bad recruiter. He ran system offense and he always got the players who could do what he wanted to do. Not that he wouldn't have wanted some of the 5 star types, but he got what he needed to make the O work. The D recruiting - up to the DCs - was always decent, except at DT. We kept getting good recruits there and having them leave after a year or two.
Are you drunk? PJ landed 2 4 star recruits his entire time at Tech, everyone else was 3 stars and lower. The administration let this program go to crap by keeping Gailey and PJ far too long. You have had basically 2 decades of garbage and the fans are sick of it. They have the money to put into education but they can’t seem to muster up some dough for a REAL coach? Give me a break, you reap what you sow

JeepinJacket

Banned
I just watched his presser. It's not even fun to poke fun at him anymore. I'm just over the "greatest rebuild in the history of earth". Butch Jones.

I would like to to see GT competitive on the field. But TStan and Collins have driven this program into the ground. It's very sad.
It started with Dave Brain and Chan Gaily, you know 20 friggin years ago!!!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Are you drunk? PJ landed 2 4 star recruits his entire time at Tech, everyone else was 3 stars and lower. The administration let this program go to crap by keeping Gailey and PJ far too long. You have had basically 2 decades of garbage and the fans are sick of it. They have the money to put into education but they can’t seem to muster up some dough for a REAL coach? Give me a break, you reap what you sow
I don’t know what we are sowing now, but we are reaping about 1 *** whipping a week.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but we rolled the dice, but this contract was an unforced error on our part. I feel like we get taken to the cleaners by coaches' agents way more often than other schools.

Most likely it wasn't an unforced error in this case. You can't force people to sign contracts and with moving on from Johnson I'd guess that almost any coach would want assurances that he'd be allowed to actually see through the transition from the option. Why would any quality coach want to come here, have to transition from the option, deal with the recruiting issues we have as an institution, if he was also going to feel pressure to have things turned around in year 2? Collins contract isn't on the top end of the curve moneywise (I actually believe it is near the bottom when it comes to P5 but I could be wrong) and the only real notable thing is the length and the buyout for the first 4 years which are almost certainly a direct result of the situation being what it was in terms of moving on. The only real way to probably avoid that issue is with keeping within the CPJ line, but the only good choice in that regards would have been Monken and if I were him I wouldn't have touched this job with a 10 foot pole when Johnson retired. He'd be walking into a situation where he'd be seen as a continuation of the previous coach so he'd have no grace period, already have half the fanbase that disliked the option against him, and having to deal with a decade of bad defense and an offense losing most of its production. We could have promoted from within but with having no OC there was no heir apparent anyways.

And in reality, the contract really isn't that unfavorable to the school. It basically guarantees Collins will be here for 4 years and then is a fairly low cost to move on relative to the market.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
So I guess what you are saying is that our Alumni are just a bunch of cheap ***** that don’t care about winning
Where did I say that? I will tell you. I didn't. You made an assertion that was wrong and I gave you the correct information. Donations DO NOT provide a significant part of the GTAA budget and haven't for decades. The ACCN payout is the dominant revenue source for Tech now. By a long shot. And they don't care what the record is as long as they can sell programming content.