Mostly “Fire Geoff Collins”, some reminiscing, maybe bourbon or other distractions

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
You can’t recruit when your head coach has a stigma that his program doesn’t send players to the league. Let the option go. We had the one guy who could make it work because of his play calling, he’s gone. Move on.
Monken. Read where I said Monken

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
When Clemson and UGA got serious about football we got left in the dust.
How you feel about today?

You were a huge Geoff fan. I remember.

Edit. Sorry didn't mean to pick on you specifically.

I'd be open to Meyer as well if that were too be a possibility.

slugboy

Staff member
Dan Mullen
Gus Malzahn
Dan Lanning
Bill O’Brien
I don’t think there are many places that would re-hire O’Brien. He’s seriously burned bridges along the way, and his Houston coaching tenure was a disaster.
Maybe he’s learned from his mistakes, but if he hasn’t then I wouldn’t hire him.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
How you feel about today?

You were a huge Geoff fan. I remember.
I’m a huge tech fan and supported the program. Being such a huge Paul fan how did it make you feel when he quit midseason and left us with the worst collection of talent in school history, a senior class that won’t have a winning season.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Two words: Prime Time...or is it one word?

I don't know how good he would be as a coach. He is winning because he is brining in a bunch of P5 level guys and beating a bunch of teams that don't have close to that level of talent. That's why I'm also very wary of coaches who win in the G5 that rely heavily on transfers. Mike Houston was a huge red flag for me because of how many P5 guys he had at James Madison.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I’m a huge tech fan and supported the program. Being such a huge Paul fan how did it make you feel when he quit midseason and left us with the worst collection of talent in school history, a senior class that won’t have a winning season.
If that makes you feel better, that's fine.

Hoping for a good hire next time. I'd love a proven winner.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how good he would be as a coach. He is winning because he is brining in a bunch of P5 level guys and beating a bunch of teams that don't have close to that level of talent. That's why I'm also very wary of coaches who win in the G5 that rely heavily on transfers. Mike Houston was a huge red flag for me because of how many P5 guys he had at James Madison.

I hear you. I am half kidding but it's intriguing to me. A 404 Takeover but for real. Very risky though

Jetdrive3

Jolly Good Fellow
The recruiting approach is fine Add more money and help to the recruiting. Get experience at OC and DC . Collins needs enforced guidance. He became HC at Temple before he earned it. He is a helluva salesman with inadequate administrative experience. Seriously, what happens to a company that makes the best salesman the CEO? Yep, CHAOS! No, Stansbury cannot afford to fire him. He will have to guide him in recruiting the right OC and DC

Jmonty71

Banned
Yeah, we're closing the "margin" with our "elite" coaching staff, who is doing their jobs at a "high level". All BS that Collins keeps spewing and people keep believing. Until enough people wise up, we're stuck. Stuck with a joke of a DC, stuck with an embarrassment of an OC stuck with a coat tail riding fraud of a HC. Collins should get a job at Waffle House, maybe he can cook hashbrowns without screwing it up.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I liked PJ until the last year or so when the 3O became the taquon keeper and never liked the bowl game prep. But I never missed a presser or radio show. Btw does GC do live radio shows? I truly don’t know since I can’t stand listening to him